It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting a refund from Microsoft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I got this email from Microsoft on 23rd last month

This email confirms payment for the iCloud storage plan listed below. You will be billed each year unless you cancel.* To cancel, downgrade your storage plan from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.

I phoned them about a refund because I did not re order this as I had bought it last year but made sure this year I didn't need it, and anyway, it said it was the 5gb free version that was on it anyway when I checked my ICloud.
Guy said it would take 3-5 working days to go back in my account no problem.
Following week I again phoned to be told to wait a few days longer for the refund.
Last week I again phoned and was told it could take 6-8 weeks!
They were quick off the mark to take the £14 out of my bank, but getting a refund from them is a complete joke!
What has someone to do to get them of their big fat butt and give me my refund ASAP!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Microsoft is literally too big to be litigated against. They rip you off through a wide range of services, one of which I am really not fond of lately is Xbox Live.

What I recommend: Don't give them your credit card information. Only use paypal when dealing with microsoft.
edit on 12-10-2013 by shake101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shake101

Too late with the credit card thing as I have been with them for years and years but this is the only hassle I have had.
If you buy an app from them for your phone and say it doesn't work, there is an easy way to get in touch with them and they give you a refund pretty quickly.
But this? It's driving me crazy with the crap they come out with.....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know about dealing specifically with microsoft....because I have NEVER bought a SINGLE microsoft product. The only thing I've EVER used from microsoft is their operating systems.....which on laptops come pre-installed, or on my desktops come....well.....from a super secret source that I can't mention here (HAHA).

Anyway, I HAVE had issues like this with other companies. It sucks. Gold's Gym was the worst. You HAVE to use a credit card or checking account to sign up. I signed up for 3 years. Paid EVERY single month. 3 years ended, they ASSURED me in the gym that once my 3 years ended, I wouldnt pay a dime, the membership would automatically cancel (since I told them months before the 3 year mark).

Bottom line, is they kept charging me, month after month. They ended up telling me that it isn't even possible for gold's gym to cancel my membership, I have to contact their financial agency. Then the financial agency said it wasn't possible for THEM to do it either, unless I specifically sent them a LETTER stating I wished to cancel the membership. So I sent them a letter. Then they tell me they never got it, and I need to send a CERTIFIED letter. Then they said THEY NEVER GOT THE CERTIFIED LETTER, which I had proof of.

Anyway, I contacted BBB (Better Business Bureau) and filed a complaint with them. When all was said and done, they tried to claim I owed them like $300 or something, because I literally had to CLOSE MY BANK ACCOUNT, and open a NEW ONE, because they kept trying to access it....and I was getting harrassed. For over a YEAR I got calls from a collection agency about Gold's gym, even AFTER reporting them to the BBB.

To this day (3-4 years later) I still get the occasional debt collector call from them.

Moral of the story: Be VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY careful who gets your credit card information. Sometimes the big companies are worse than anyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I know what you mean. In their site for ICloud it says to click the 'downgrade' option to stop a further year of a payment. But there is no 'downgrade' option at all. I made sure the free version was checked but then got the email and after checking my account, I noticed the money was taken out.
They said if it was a credit card it would be debited more quickly than a debit card which mine is. Don't see the reasoning in that. Others can give you a refund in a few days usually....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am a bit confused. Why would you call Microsoft for the refund of a service that is provided by Apple? iCloud is in no way a Microsoft product...

DC

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

xDeadcowx
I am a bit confused. Why would you call Microsoft for the refund of a service that is provided by Apple? iCloud is in no way a Microsoft product...

DC

LOL, maybe that's why it's taking so long,
he's pissed them off, so they're trolling him

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I meant to say Apple and not Microsoft

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Download Windows

Oo

Now that was a joke. you'll obviously deprive a small starving billionare of his yacht if you do that. So DONT DO IT.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I meant to say Apple and not Microsoft

Oh then definitely don't download Windows.

you need mountain lion.

but then, getting that on normal hardware is a pita so it will simply be an exercise in futility. Better to save your bandwidth. Steal an iphone off a 2 year old.. give them a dictionary in is place, they'll never know the difference except how siri has stopped working.

Again, do not do this. but if you do, video tape it and put it on youtube!

new topics

top topics

join