It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Narcissistic Veterans and Their Illogical Logic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
All you have is the guts to sit behind a keyboard and judge an entire group of people. Very well done!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by supermarket2012

I think we agree, a lot more than we disagree. I see all the things you're saying. However, I did not say the government, or the corporatocracy had no blame. At least, it was not my intent to imply such. I clearly stated our government is corrupt from the top to the bottom.

The only point we seem to disagree on, is you don't believe the people of this country have the responsibility of changing it. I very much believe they do, and can. I also believe it is the only way it will ever get changed. It is we the people who will have to put aside our differences, and let our voices be heard in harmony. As long as they are allowed to keep us divided, it will never happen.

The star is from me.

One thing we definitely agree on, is that those in power stay in power by keeping us divided. They are obviously doing a wonderful job, because our country is more divided than ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by imasheep

I have the guts to take the inevitable heat for this topic.

Show some "guts" and stand up for your convictions and go repeat this rant in person. Internet guts don't count. And hey, kick some teeth in, you badass you. Until then, you're just another keyboard ranger pissed off because his girlfriend left him for a real man. I know your type.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

LOL, epic! While reading this whole misguided rant, I was thinking the SAME thing. Although I did consider that Mr. Sheep may have just recently received a good old fashion a$$ whooping from a vet or something along those lines... If not, knowing his type myself..it's just a matter of time.
edit on 13-10-2013 by UndergroundMilitia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bisman
reply to post by seeker1963

you all have been saying it.

excusing them for being to young and ignorant.
or excusing them for just needing jobs to feed their family.

it doesn't excuse them though.

and if the real goal is the government and not the warriors they own, then i STILL start by pointing fingers at the military personnel. because they are the ones needed to change the government, then i think i will continue to disrespect them for not doing so.
they are getting pat on the head so hard, they dont think anything they do is wrong.
perhaps the attitude is to supportive, thats why they will never realize what they are doing.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

i bet you have one of those lovely bumper stickers "if you wont stand behind the troops, then stand in front of them"
same thing as "support the troops" really.

its sickening
edit on 12-10-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

"because they are the ones needed to change the government"

No bud, you are wrong, ohhh so wrong. This country needs YOU, it needs ME and every single one of us to stand and spit in the face of tyranny! Instead..., the defenders of our dying republic is comprised of millions upon millions of decadent slaves that sit on their big fat a$$es and watch the NFL and all the other mindless fluff that makes them too busy to give a flying %^#$ about the nation that's crumbling around them.

That being said, even IF a portion of the military were to take up arms against our occupiers (and make no mistake, this country has been occupied..), the vast majority of gibbering sheep would condemn their actions and parrot the "Domestic Terrorist" line that the establishment has successfully branded any and all that stand against their tyranny. Me personally, I prefer to see people flying the "Support the Troops" stickers because at least they stand for something, unlike the human fodder that so proudly display their "W", Hillary, Obama and those sickeningly ridiculous yuppie stick figure family stickers(!).

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The monuments belong to the veterans.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

imasheep
reply to post by seabag

That is the crux of my argument...NO, no kind of benefits should be realized by any vet who helped to facilitate any war crime...which is every single vet. Every vet who shot one bullet in Iraq should be court marshaled and left to rot.

The families of fallen vets should get nothing. Why should they? If I violate a contract, I won't get anything but court and possibly jail...why should someone from the army get a pass, I don't.

Worse yet, every vet violated their oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the people, who pay their benefits, by not marching on Washington immediately and taking over the government.

You still owe the people...we don't owe you. When you do your duty and overthrow the corrupt government, we will do ours and pay what we owe. Why is that such a bad thing?

Well, by this logic we should shut off MedicAid, MediCare, any and all Welfare benefits, WIC, the ACA (Hey! there's a idea! LOL) Food stamps, etc, etc.

Any and every time that you have a problem, people should look at you and say, "Not my problem pal. You made your bed...now lie in it."

Are you really that heartless that you would abandon humanity?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Let me guess. You're one of those "sovereign citizen" types. The ones who take absolutely no responsibility for anything whatsoever they do.

Or maybe you belong to the WBC and are looking for a new way of spreading hate, since pretty much everything that you have spouted pretty much has FAIL written all over it.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Total BS!

According to mil.gov, the following ordinance used in the Iraq war contained depleted Uranium:
All 30mm rounds used in the A-10 Thunderbolt.
All 25mm rounds used in the M1A1 Abrams and Bradley.
All 20mm rounds used by Cobra Gunships.
Used in ALL hand grenades.
Used in ALL landmines.
Used in ALL Cluster Bombs.
Used in ALL 5.56 small arms rounds which were armor piercing.

Show me the link.

Coming from someone who has never served a day in your life, you sure do seem to be a expert . On BS that is.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think it's time this failed troll thread dies...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Let me guess. You're one of those "sovereign citizen" types. The ones who take absolutely no responsibility for anything whatsoever they do.

Or maybe you belong to the WBC and are looking for a new way of spreading hate, since pretty much everything that you have spouted pretty much has FAIL written all over it.

I'm with ya TDawg but I'm not sure I would mix the sovereign citizen movement with the dogmatism of this guy. The sovereign guys at least demonstrate a pretty high level of intellect and critical thinking, even though it is somewhat convoluted but interesting IMO. The CS movement can at least identify who the enemy of free humanity is...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Yea, you're right.

I like how you worked using convoluted in the response. I know some people who consider themselves to be CS types. Some are quite intelligent but others are raving lunatics when the subject comes up.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So how did that "teeth kicking" go at the VFW? or have you been in your mom's basement this whole time?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Yea, you're right.

I like how you worked using convoluted in the response. I know some people who consider themselves to be CS types. Some are quite intelligent but others are raving lunatics when the subject comes up.

From my own experience, there's a fine line between lunacy and the ardent belief of any given topic, especially one as intricate and heavy as the CS movement.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

While active duty we are bound by rules of employment

among those is a very specific set of guidelines

Do you have a clue just how your have to disobey illegally given orders?

The exact procedures involved?

None I expect

As for those violations which ones..

So far your post indicate no idea of how the military works..

As for oaths ..

Please point to the rules that were violated

And keep them separated from contractual promises made and given to recruit..

When I joined..

The college thing for instance.. Montgomery GI Bill

We all pay into the thing for our college

The health benefits
Also mentioned and talked up for recruiting

The only thing I see mentioned by you is propaganda..

First you were not present at the above named incidents
second the outline of events

school taken over by us military
Protesters
someone attacks
then they do not like the response
people in the employ of the US are kidnapped
US responds

From your interpretation of invents it is obvious you have no clue how war is fought...
You forgot during these same engagements.. their are videos of women being ran over by tanks

Bad us military.. they just ran over the poor women (and children if I remember correctly)

Your people tried to cry foul..
then poof you went quiet

Seems the rest of those tapes played.. It showed arabic men shoving the women in front of the tanks..

You see you have no clue.. you are a victim of propaganda.. The terrorist cant beat the US in a standard war.. so they play a different game..

Psych war
Hide among civilians

You also have no idea of history..

the afghan people have been fighting invaders for centuries.. they are well versed in this form of warfare..as it is apparent you are not...

As for the Veterans who did not go to the WWII memorials

Did you go? Did you tell the Veterans there what you have said here?

I did not go... I paid for a Vietnam vet to go..

and me and my GF watched his Grandchildren so him and his son could go...

What did you do for your country today..

No sir you are wrong I have refuted your statements..
My main question is why do you hate Veterans.. did one still your girl friend from you..

BTW, I never broke my oath I took..

Tell you what.. I challenge you to go to a recruiters office
Sign twice and go to bootcamp..

I suggest the marine Corps

They have the easiest bootcamp.. you can travel the world.. they let you choose your duty station.. even have the shortest boot camp
Freash air, sunshine, free food, plenty of exercise

They even have a debate team at Paris Island..
The men in the round hats you see... They all scout for talent for the debate team.. Just call one of them aside and tell them you are there to prove the military is a fraud..

It is the easiest way to get the first hand experience so your post are right

Make sure you mention you do not have to follow the orders the tell you.. they are illegally given

And if you get tired of the debate team.. they have Beach recreation facility at Paris Island.. you can spend all the time you want their

They just love debates.. If you yell at them they may mark you down for the debate team.. and you will be promised all those benefits for FREE

Post when you graduate and I will do my best to be their for your graduation

edit on 14-10-2013 by ripcontrol because: Anchors Aweigh

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

That was spot on and oh so hilarious!

Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

imasheep
The main complaint I hear from veterans, mainly from the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan is they don't get the respect they deserve for their service which they claim "protects the freedoms of the US of A".

My husband and I are both 'cold war' veterans. Neither of us have ever demanded respect for volunteering to serve our country.

My father was a Korean War veteran. He never demanded respect for volunteering to serve his country. (yes, he volunteered even with a draft going on).

My father in law is a 20+ year veteran of the Army. He never demanded respect for volunteering to serve his country. (and yes, he volunteered even with a draft going on)

My brother is a 20+ year veteran of the Air Force. He never demanded respect for volunteering to serve his country. (he just retired so he was 'in' during Kosovo and Gulf War I, etc).

My neighbor is a (cold war) veteran of the US Army. I've never once heard him demand respect for volunteering.

So I don't know who these veterans are that supposedly keep demanding respect for the service they gave. I would think people would naturally give veterans respect for putting their lives on the line for the USA and for them being willing to serve so others could live free. And if there are those who don't respect the volunteers who do this .. that doesn't change the volunteers nor what they gave up. The lack of respect doesn't fall upon the veterans ... it just falls back on the others.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I think you are confusing "demand respect" with demand what we signed up for. I myself am a young disabled vet. Im not bitter about what happened..I loved my service and in general love my country...I just hate our government at least once a day haha. I would be willing to let the government not pay me for several months if it helped them to make a decision. Its not the money im worried about. It is the medical care. If they were to close VA medical services I could have serious damage to my body that was caused by something they did in the first place. Although I don't think this would ever happen id wager im justified in being angry if it did since it could mean more permanent damage.

Vets gave up long ago on worrying about any respect. In fact...the very fact that you can post your opinion on this thread shows that we did our job well. And im glad to hear the other side of it because im sure there are some vets out there who think the world is owed to him or her. But that is like anything..always a few assholes in any group. Be safe brother, I appreciate your opinion and remember these are wild and interesting times for us all.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just a question....

In the case of radioactive rounds...

How were the troops supposed to know they had radioactive rounds?

Because whenever I was handed rounds, I loaded them into my magazines.

I didn't get geiger counter readings of them.

You sir, are willingly ignorant of real life. Instead of looking at things in a bureaucratic manor, why don't you get some field experience.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

....Excuse me but in your own words you have the "GUTS" to state what you did, you are wrong, it doesn't take GUTS to post insults safely from your computer, it takes guts to face an enemy trying to kill you to protect GUTLESS people like you that OWE their freedom to these veterans!
You will excuse me from saying anything else but I couldn't read past that statement that is so sickening!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Does imasheep hate all veterans of just the young ones? What about the old timers who were drafted back in the day and had no choice? What about the National Guard, "weekend warriors" who thought they were going to be defending this Nation and then got sent over first off when TSHTF, they had regular jobs and joined for supplemental income for their families. What about the many young, idealistic, impressionable kids that got herded into school gyms to hear recruiters with their lieing spiels and promises of getting an MOS they wanted and got sent out,...tricked into being sent out immediately?

Sure, war is wrong and I hate it and I hate all the horrors of DU and other weapons. Not all military are stone cold killers. They will and do suffer from DU also. Where is the venom relevant to DU use right here in US for fracking?

Do you think every single Vet is a child killer as like in the Vietnam times. Maybe some are and everyone hates that if they have humanity. However, ever get a flu shot. Aborted fetal tissue is in that...that's different. Off topic but not really. It all ties in, death is death and killing is killing and anyone with a heart and soul and compassion should not condone it....yet, until your own death is at hand and if one has to defend oneself, you never know what it is like or what you will do until that time comes.

The recent chaos here in Louisiana in wally World when there was a food stamp glitch...what if more occur and spill over to neighborhoods and some seasoned vets come to the aid of their neighbors...will that be met with mean spiritiness and hate too...maybe so.

War is always wrong and always hell but it is what it is..."Poor folks killing other poor folks for the bankers and the rich".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join