It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Be Careful

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thank you.
To hell with DC, If SHTF I will help my neighbors, like I already am doing.

edit on 12-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

jimmyx

the democrats want government to work, and know how dependant we all are on our government.....

You're Clueless.....Im sorry.

I will leave you with wise words to ponder.

Dependent on Government. Sheesh!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.” ― Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

dlbott

solomons path
reply to post by Tsu322

When you look at the tactics used during the shutdown and the dangerous, divisive rhetoric employed by the administration.... I can totally agree with you.

I'm sure the Feds would like nothing more than to have an excuse to put their militarized security apparatus in motion.

Your kidding right, it was the stupid tea party fanatics and the Republicans who caused the shutdown not the administration. Go back to civics class lol.

Arab spring what, we don't need no spring lol. What a joke. There are on average 2.5 guns per household in America, even more than children. Ain't Yea i said ain't nobody taking anything away from us.

They are going to cause the end of the world though if they don't watch it. And that is no joke.

The Bot

You seem to have missed the point of the thread, in your blind defense of your chosen side of the aisle.

What does a civics class have to do with observing the speech and behaviors of our elected officials? And for the record, I don't play party politics . . . so, I blame both sides, as opposed to cheering for either blue or red. If you are willing to ignore the uncompromising actions of one party or engage in/parrot their dangerous rhetoric, you are just the sort of person this political theater is meant to pander to and the reason the OP has merit.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

solomons path

MrSpad
The US depends on its people being calm and happy. That is why the US has no internal security forces and its military has little to no training in that area. Anytime we see unrest be it riots or a natural disaster the USs ability to control the area is revealed as severly lacking. Of course we are not even at the point of large scale peaceful protests like we were during the Iraq war and not anywhere near the unrest in the 60, 70s. I suppose that is why the US so completely unprepared for internal problems.

If this were the 90's, I would agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I don't believe that paradigm exists anymore.

Maybe you've overlooked the last 13 years have given rise to the Patriot Act, the implementation and expansion of the DHS (and all of their military sized acquisitions), the NDAA, the TSA, the expansion of the roll of FEMA, the ongoing militarization of local LEAs, and the revelations (at least publicly) of the breadth of the NSA's control over all aspects of communication.

You also seem to be misinformed training of the military (in particular the Army) to assist in domestic upheaval, so I've provided a couple of links for you . . .

USArmy Internment/Resettlement Spec Job listing

U.S. Internment and Resettlement Operations Manual
edit on 10/12/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

The manual you reference came out a need the army discovered starting with Kuwait and moving forward to Iraq, Afghanistan and present, nothing more. Lol

The Bot

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Perhaps a bit off-topic, but to those stating the Right/Left, Republican/Democrat paradigm,....

Each succession, especially starting with Ronald Reagan,... it has become more and more obvious that the two-party system is a farce to divide the common people. Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama,.... their policies regarding corporations, banks, the military industrial complex, infringement of rights, liberty, and privacy, and the ever-expansive movement of 'Globalism' has been the SAME agenda regardless as to which political party holds office of Presidency, and regardless of which party holds majority in Congress.

Peace.

edit on 10/12/13 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by jimmyx

You are really shilling today, eh?

Thread after thread.

Blame the Republicans, blame the Tea Party!

Dude, they are ALL to blame!

Our leadership is to Blame!

Obama says it himself! Read my signature! Take the blinds off! "The Buck stops Here"!

And yes Jimmy. People are ENTRANCED with TV. TODAY, Collage Football, tomorrow, NFL.

No riots, no Panic. As long as there is something to numb the American Public's minds to what really is happening, nothing will happen.

Its the Truth. Wake up.

shilling???....ATS has become one big right-wing shill-fest, as far as politics goes. don't you think it's curious that Obama won by more than 5 million votes, and I'm one of a very few members on ATS that even believe he's an American citizen? don't you think it's curious that all these members keep complaining about people being on some type of government assistance, and yet never talk about those same people getting a good job that pays them enough in wages TO NOT go on government assistance?. do you think it curious that there are 46 million people under the poverty line, and the only conclusion is that they are all lazy? isn't it curious that poor people are blamed because they pay no taxes and take subsidies from the government, and on the other hand corporations making billions a year in profits, pay no federal income taxes, and take subsides from the government?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

dlbott

solomons path

MrSpad
The US depends on its people being calm and happy. That is why the US has no internal security forces and its military has little to no training in that area. Anytime we see unrest be it riots or a natural disaster the USs ability to control the area is revealed as severly lacking. Of course we are not even at the point of large scale peaceful protests like we were during the Iraq war and not anywhere near the unrest in the 60, 70s. I suppose that is why the US so completely unprepared for internal problems.

If this were the 90's, I would agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I don't believe that paradigm exists anymore.

Maybe you've overlooked the last 13 years have given rise to the Patriot Act, the implementation and expansion of the DHS (and all of their military sized acquisitions), the NDAA, the TSA, the expansion of the roll of FEMA, the ongoing militarization of local LEAs, and the revelations (at least publicly) of the breadth of the NSA's control over all aspects of communication.

You also seem to be misinformed training of the military (in particular the Army) to assist in domestic upheaval, so I've provided a couple of links for you . . .

The manual you reference came out a need the army discovered starting with Kuwait and moving forward to Iraq, Afghanistan and present, nothing more. Lol

The Bot

You are absolutely wrong and obviously have not read it . . . it clearly states that the Army will coordinate with FEMA and local LE and assist, support, and maintain the internment centers during civil operations.

So, yes this covers overseas ops, as well . . . but the procedures are congruent for overseas and civil operations.

Also, this document came out in 2010 . . . long after Kuwait or any other subsequent ME operation.

You are wrong on every level of your charge . . .

SUPPORT TO CIVIL SUPPORT OPERATIONS

2-39. Civil support is the DOD support to U.S. civil authorities for domestic emergencies, and for
designated law enforcement and other activities. (JP 3-28) Civil support includes operations that address
the consequences of natural or man-made disasters, accidents, terrorist attacks and incidents in the U.S. and
its territories.

2-40. The I/R tasks performed in support of civil support operations are similar to those during combat
operations, but the techniques and procedures are modified based on the special OE associated with
operating within U.S. territory and according to the categories of individuals (primarily DCs) to be housed
in I/R facilities. During long-term I/R operations, state and federal agencies will operate within and around
I/R facilities within the scope of their capabilities and identified role. Military police commanders must
closely coordinate and synchronize their efforts with them especially in cases where civil authority and
capabilities have broken down or been destroyed.

The smugness of your ignorance is duly noted . . .

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I take it no one knows the answer to my question? Has the government even given us a possible end date for this whole shutdown business?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

sonnny1

jimmyx

the democrats want government to work, and know how dependant we all are on our government.....

You're Clueless.....Im sorry.

I will leave you with wise words to ponder.

Dependent on Government. Sheesh!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.” ― Thomas Jefferson

did you pave the road outside your house with your own money? did you build the water pipelines that come to your house out of your own money?. did you build the sewer lines and maintain them with your own money? have you bought one or two police cars every few years to patrol your street? have you built dams for flood control, schools for your children out of your own pocket?....and you call me clueless?....advanced societies are dependant on government, name one that isn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Your answer is . . . No they have not.

However, if not worked out by the 17th of October, the U.S. will default on its next debt payment to the Fed and bond holders.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I take it no one knows the answer to my question? Has the government even given us a possible end date for this whole shutdown business?

democrats say it can be now, republicans don't say when....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

jimmyx

shilling???....ATS has become one big right-wing shill-fest, as far as politics goes. don't you think it's curious that Obama won by more than 5 million votes, and I'm one of a very few members on ATS that even believe he's an American citizen? don't you think it's curious that all these members keep complaining about people being on some type of government assistance, and yet never talk about those same people getting a good job that pays them enough in wages TO NOT go on government assistance?. do you think it curious that there are 46 million people under the poverty line, and the only conclusion is that they are all lazy? isn't it curious that poor people are blamed because they pay no taxes and take subsidies from the government, and on the other hand corporations making billions a year in profits, pay no federal income taxes, and take subsides from the government?

Yeah. Shilling.

Obama "winning" is Americans "losing". Its a Fact.

Democrats can do NO WRONG? They played NO PART in the mess we have?

Wake up. Both Parties are to blame. This isn't hard to see.

And BTW, not ONCE have you proven what I have said is wrong. Not Once. Reread your posts.You havnt even tried to disprove it. You just keep finger pointing.

You know the old saying about that. When you point the finger, there are always three pointing back at ya.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

The republicans agreed to lift the debt ceiling temporarily and there is word Obama said no to that today. However, it is confusing because he had previously said even a temporary lift would help. There is a thread on this somewhere here - with a link to his reasons.

As to when, probably midnight on the 16th. But…they aren't due to vote on any decisions until Thursday (the 17th), so lets hope they move that up a few days. Taking it to the last minute.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

jimmyx

did you pave the road outside your house with your own money? did you build the water pipelines that come to your house out of your own money?. did you build the sewer lines and maintain them with your own money? have you bought one or two police cars every few years to patrol your street? have you built dams for flood control, schools for your children out of your own pocket?....and you call me clueless?....advanced societies are dependant on government, name one that isn't.

Do you know the difference between State and Federal Government? I see you dont.

You sound "needy" .

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

No.

Obama rejected a short term solution today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Tsu322
I think so much has happened now that it could be a possibility that your government are trying to provoke you into into unwise action. Not just after the shutdown but probably before that too.

They could be trying to provoke you into the next Arab Springs so that they can use force on you or worse.

I'm not saying it's for sure but just keep your wits about you and slepp with one eye open.

Take care people.

Thank you, I am glad someone else is noticing how the amount of events going on in America is not statistically normal. I think you are right, there is some underlying factor behind them. And I think you are right about your warning.
edit on 12-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by sonnny1

r u talking about the ebt cards going down nationwide?
edit on 12-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

I've heard from a few single moms that its child support cards as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

If a revolt starts in America, we won't have to worry about the government anymore.

The place is a powder keg. So many people are fed up to the point that all it is going to take is one or two definitive acts of revolution to get the whole ball rolling.

And the government does not have the manpower or the ability to take it down.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

solomons path

MrSpad

This is where people get confused. DHS does not exist as an entity it is umbrella for lots of other organizations. DHS will not pull the coast guard of its ships, the border patrol off the border, TSA out of the airports, customs people out of their terminals, the Secret Service off of protecting the president and counterfitting to form some big interenal police force while leaving the country wide open to anything. And military does have small part of it that has training in resetlment and interment of course. Being as dealing with refugees like like in Jordan and Turkey need such people. They however are a small group and mostly designed to coordiante with host nations and NGOs. The fact is doctrince requires x amount of troops to contain x amount of people over x amount of space and that those forces coordinate with local law enforcement and governments. That number would require about 9 million troops minimum for a light level of martial law in the US. Needless to say that is completely impossible even if the entire Russian and Chinese armies left home to help.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Maybe not completely on topic, but if the so called "Government Shutdown" puts a ding in the already struggling economy, wouldn't a whole butt-load of people not being able to buy food with their EBT cards put another ding in it?.

You who complain about your tax dollars being used to feed others will have a hard time paying the prices asked if so large a segment of the population were to be removed from the economy.

Unless of course you think those who work the hardest, those who actually raise the livestock you eat, the vegetables and eggs and milk and everything, don't deserve to be compensated fairly for their labor.

Yup, anyone can see that, it isn't just Wal-Mart and McDonalds employees who don't deserve fair compensation for their labor, it's everyone but yourselves.

Like I said, maybe not completely on topic....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join