It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What will be the next step in batteries do you think.

I feel that the next generation of mobile phones will have much, much longer batteries times. My current mobile battery can last around four days if i make minimal calls. Seeing as the mobile industry does not profit from selling batteries as they are charged, will they ever release batteries with years of life? Is the current technology capable of this?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How would a �Micro Gas Turbine Engine Battery� grab you?

www.wired.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Very interesting. Is there any dates to when this may become an everyday item of our homes?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Fuel cells runs on the cleanest gas mixture in the world - AIR! Fuel cells may be capable of replacing the battery, because it generates its own energy both cheaply and in an environmentally friendly way.

Fuel cell technology may contribute to more efficient and environmentally friendly energy use. In a fuel cell the fuel is converted directly to electricity by oxidation with air in an electrochemical process. The fuel might be hydrogen, natural gas, other hydrocarbons or alcohols. Powered by hydrogen the fuel cell produces only water in addition to electricity and heat. The efficiency of a fuel cell may be higher than traditional power conversion utilizing combustion technologies. The low operation temperature and higher efficiency of the fuel cell may contribute to significant reductions in local emissions of CO2, NOx, CO and VOC. With no moving parts the fuel cell of the future may provide advantages in terms of maintenance, less noise and increased reliability. In a future energy scenario, where an increasing part of the energy stems from renewable sources, the fuel cell is expected to play a key role in several areas of application.

top topics

join