It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World top bankers warn of dire consequences if U.S. defaults

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

WASHINGTON | Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:56pm EDT

(Reuters) - Three of the world's most powerful bankers warned of terrible consequences if the United States defaults on its debt, with Deutsche Bank chief executive Anshu Jain claiming default would be "utterly catastrophic."

"This would be a very rapidly spreading, fatal disease," Jain said on Saturday at a conference hosted by the Institute of International Finance in Washington.

"I have no recommendations for this audience...about putting band aids on a gaping wound," he said.

Jain, JPMorgan Chase chief executive Jamie Dimon and Baudouin Prot, chairman of BNP Paribas, said a default would have dramatic consequences on the value of U.S. debt and the dollar, and likely would plunge the world into another recession.

Well I'm all broke up about these international Hustlers bankers that are all worried and hyped up about the Americans *Possibly* defaulting.

Maybe it's high time we as a nation start taking things in OUR best interests, not the foreign banking interests.

Who says we *MUST* continue to kiss their rear ends anyway ?

The U.S. has plenty of resources and plenty of power and plenty of manufacturing capacity.

Who needs *THESE* criminals.

All they've been doing is keeping American Citizens broke and afraid.

We need to keep our true friends closer.

Pay our friends, and screw the enemies.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If the bankers are afraid of it then it can't be all that bad, right?

This might be the most I've ever agreed with you. I don't think that defaulting and all that jazz is a good thing but it may just be that bandaid that needs ripped off before it gets any more infected.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe we need a default so We the people can take our country back from those who got us into this mess.

My understanding is a default is inevitable unless we can continually raise the ceiling.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's the same threat that has been used for centuries.

Here is the deal... the truth is it needn't be destruction... however they will *cause* destruction on their way down. Because they don't care about anything except their control and if they can't have control they will destroy.

It's their death... and in their death they will try to take down as many of us *deliberately* as they can.

This is why it is in fact dangerous. Not because of anything intrinsic in the rest of our affairs as people trying to work honestly... but because they have access to tools to take out and use as revenge/survival mechanisms.

It's pretty much "If you don't keep giving me candy... There will be dire consequences that will affect us all... because I'm going to shoot you in the face."

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The last time they they said they were afraid look what they got, the bank bailout. Looks like they're trying for round two.

Anything that brings these SOB's down is worth it. I'd certainly be willing to take one on the chin to see them taken down. Oh wait, I can't because they got it all last time.

Crush them. At all costs. Time for a reset.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You know what also sucks, when a Family is irresponsible with credit and goes into bankruptcy. They can lose their cars, their house, personal assets.

Children can be displaced, wants get neglected in the name of needs.

It happens every day in america, Everyone has to be held accountable for their actions, we don't ask any less of any citizen of this country.

Why do we except less from our government and those who represent us?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Bassago

The last time they they said they were afraid look what they got, the bank bailout. Looks like they're trying for round two.

Anything that brings these SOB's down is worth it. I'd certainly be willing to take one on the chin to see them taken down. Oh wait, I can't because they got it all last time.

Crush them. At all costs. Time for a reset.

these "bankers' as you call them will simply go to another country, and take their wealth with them....the rest of us will be left to grovel...look at what happened in Argentina, and Greece...the people got screwed, the weathy were fine. you can go and "reset" your own life, I don't care, but leave the rest of us the hell alone...why do I keep thinking that all this hatred toward our government is being fanned by foreigners that would love nothing more than to see regular Americans suffer.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

jimmyx
these "bankers' as you call them will simply go to another country, and take their wealth with them....the rest of us will be left to grovel...look at what happened in Argentina, and Greece...the people got screwed, the weathy were fine. you can go and "reset" your own life, I don't care, but leave the rest of us the hell alone...why do I keep thinking that all this hatred toward our government is being fanned by foreigners that would love nothing more than to see regular Americans suffer.

First of all... the bankers have never left Argentina or Greece. The people got screwed because the banks *INTENTIONALLY SCREWED THEM* to get their way and increased their stranglehold... not took their toys and left. Their wealth is *our* wealth obfuscated by pieces of paper. Without us, they have nothing. Just like without something to suck on... leeches can not live.

Just because it bears repeating over and over and over:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

This man, and those around him... were *intimately* involved and aware of the effects of these sort of banking institutions. They wrote volumes about them that are publically available. They did everything they knew how to do to ensure that the information would be available for people to learn from and not fall into the same traps. But they can't force people to read, study, and understand sooo... here we are. Having to re-educate ourselves all over again.

Once you've found out you have a con man living in your house... you don't try to figure out how to live with the scraps he leaves behind because he might shoot you. Well some do. They are called slaves of fear.
edit on 12-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Considering they are part of designing a system that was built to fail in the first place????

Yea, yea, we are scared!

*NOTE TO THE BANKERS*

While you funnel off what little money we have left, remember one thing! WE KNOW WHOM IS BEHIND IT!

YOU and the puppets in our elected government whom have allowed it to continue since 1913!!!

I suggest you make your way to your bunkers and hunker down! When people are starving and losing their homes, while you scum get bailouts, your scare tactics to bleed us dry is becoming tiring.........

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

How would it play out? Banks go belly up. Do they now just take property that people are still paying mortgages on?

Does the bank own the house and the land?

If the banks take all the mortgaged properties what recourse do the paying home owners have?

We can start from scratch but what happened when no one had anything to barter with?

I don't think people need the government to survive. I believe we can struggle through this mess ourselves, but it is going to be extremely difficult to live together if all the rules thrown out the window.

I have been seeing trailers for the movie "The Purge" all over the place. It isn't my type of movie so I haven't watched a complete trailer, so none of it makes a lot of sense to me, but from what I have seen it looks like one of those, this is what will happen to you if big brother isn't around to keep you safe, movies.

We know that people are capable of surviving in large groups, but unfortunately, people are also primordial predators. It is not in our instinct to work and play well with others.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Scare tactics from those that stand to lose out on the fiat gravy train, which they have enjoyed for to long. When banks make bad investments (U.S. bonds), they took on the risk of the payee going broke and that investment failing. Now, they seek to protect that investment through doomsday predictions.

They should have been allowed to fail before.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Scare tactics from those that stand to lose out on the fiat gravy train, which they have enjoyed for to long. When banks make bad investments (U.S. bonds), they took on the risk of the payee going broke and that investment failing. Now, they seek to protect that investment through doomsday predictions.

They should have been allowed to fail before.

Amazing isn't it? The ones whom caused all the financial problems, got bailed out on the backs of those whom their reckless actions affected the most, now have the balls to give US a warning???????

WOW!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
fema camps are starting to make more sense everyday

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by jrod

How would it play out? Banks go belly up. Do they now just take property that people are still paying mortgages on?

Does the bank own the house and the land?

If the banks take all the mortgaged properties what recourse do the paying home owners have?

We can start from scratch but what happened when no one had anything to barter with?

I don't think people need the government to survive. I believe we can struggle through this mess ourselves, but it is going to be extremely difficult to live together if all the rules thrown out the window.

I have been seeing trailers for the movie "The Purge" all over the place. It isn't my type of movie so I haven't watched a complete trailer, so none of it makes a lot of sense to me, but from what I have seen it looks like one of those, this is what will happen to you if big brother isn't around to keep you safe, movies.

We know that people are capable of surviving in large groups, but unfortunately, people are also primordial predators. It is not in our instinct to work and play well with others.

All we have to do is dissolve the Federal Reserve and allow the Congress and U.S. Treasury to regulate the banks and money supply.

Just eliminate certain rules and regulations that favor the foreign interests.

Increase jobs by limiting imports. We can easily manufacture our own products.

That would increase the general government revenues.

The U.S. needs nothing to survive. We don't *need* to borrow money.

Home companies would thrive on the exports.

Unless everybody wants to stay broke and dependent on foreign banking

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Default = Freedom from a Banker Driven Constitution

Get rid of the FR and USA folk get their country back.

Keep FR = More of the current SQ

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

benrl
Everyone has to be held accountable for their actions, we don't ask any less of any citizen of this country.

Why do we except less from our government and those who represent us?

Because the banksters have given lots of worthless paper (with pretty pictures) to the scum-sucking vermin that run our country.

A better question is: Why do we allow this criminal trash to continue running our country? It does not have to be this way.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

They WANT the US to default!

That's the BEST CASE SCENARIO for any of these globalist financial tyrants. That puts more control into their hands.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
fema camps are starting to make more sense everyday

We probably have enough FEMA prison capacity to house every bankster, corporatist and member of the executive, legislative and judiciary. Who could ask for more?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

They WANT the US to default!

That's the BEST CASE SCENARIO for any of these globalist financial tyrants. That puts more control into their hands.

~Tenth

Yes they might.

But we can very easily stop the madness.

The U.S. has all the resources necessary.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't think some people understand the implications if our current system were to collapse.. those of you that live in cities would be fighting for your survival., you will see the truly animalistic nature that we as humans have when we are hungry and cold.. millions of deaths and untold destruction.. your family and friends, missing.. no phones, no internet, no tv, no electricity...
This current cosy world you live in whilst you sit in your warm apartment eating whatever food you chose will be gone... most people can't survive a day without their iphone or internet connection, god help them if it really did collapse..
Yes there does need to be change, these greedy elites have constructed this system carefully and cleverly for centuries and it needs to dismantled just as carefully as it was built..
Is this going to happen.... no... so I just make the most of the system I currently live in, where there are oppertunities for anyone who is motivated enough to get of their ass and go out and get what they want, instead of bitching about what they don't have...
And I pray for the sake of the ones I love and millions of others around the world this system doesn't collapse like a house of cards...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join