It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Cards Inoperable East Coast?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Haven't they done upgrades before? Why wouldn't they warn these people with a letter so they could have prepared? I don't get foodstamps but know a ton of people who do, and many of them shop day to day (never understood why people do this). It's really not good timing with the shutdown - having money to improve their system now? Strange priority

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

cry93
Why isn't this national news? I found out about this around 11 a.m. Central time.
edit on 12-10-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

They need to prepare for the riots.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Mikeultra
I have a feeling this "glitch" is intentional. It will be used by the left to point fingers at the right proclaiming, "Children are starving because of YOUR shutdown!" Anyone willing to bet me on that?

No bet. Not touching this one with a ten foot pole.

Accidental power outage and upgrade combo. Right.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by botay

Used mine today
working fine in Florida.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh, and Monday is a holiday, Columbus Day....government offices will be closed. This could get real rough real fast.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This report from Pennsylvania says it's a planned temporary blackout.
cumberlink.com...

Sorry, this report goes back to March 2013.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: Error

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
More reports coming in that they work on in-state cards, but out of state cards not functioning. First it was a 'computer glitch', then it was a 'computer upgrade' and somewhere in there, that a Xerox facility that processes payments had a power outage.

Aaaannnnddd... since JP Morgan is the company that handles all this, here's a little something from Bloomberg that may or may not be topical:

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-11/jpmorgan-reports-380-million-third-quarter-loss-on-legal-costs.html

What exactly was discussed in that little banking meeting Obama had the other day, anyways? And since when do they do 'computer upgrades' on a Saturday and federal holiday weekend?

link   

Mikeultra

cry93
Why isn't this national news? I found out about this around 11 a.m. Central time.

They announced it while I was shopping. There were carts of food left at registers. I don't think I will be needing anything for the remainder of the weekend so I will stay home until they figure this out. I even restocked my alcohol supply, lol. I should have rented some movies, though!

link   

IrishCream

Thorneblood

Get the BBQ's primed and the knives sharpened.
It's time for cannibalism boys and girls.

Thorneblood, can we please start with the pets? Pretty please?!

You even THINK about touching a beloved "pet" of mine (also known as SON or CHILDREN of my FAMILY) I frakking guarantee you'll be the first on my gas BBQ.

You can bank on that.

Pet's first my ass.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by IrishCream

Actually you would want the house pets. Cats will deal with the incredible explosion of mice and rats, and dogs are good for hunting people or anything else.

Star, Thorneblood! Only a true pragmatist would put the pets above our bretheren. Besides, I wouldn't want to go on without my irascible and feisty peregrine pigeon-- a stoic roommate of over 11 years. Hell he outlasted the humans four to one.

I say on the front door "Intruders will not go missing... we process everything" BWAHAHAhahaaaaa

And I admit there's little as satisfying as a quart of chipotle rat chili; and if we're lucky a slightly less tacky blend in the dessert briar afterward. Aside: that 50-50 of honey cavendish and Rocky Road asphaltic overspray that my tobacconist calls a blend (instead of a solution) is a bit cloying after 7. And it makes me act like this even the next day up till 3. Well, got in with a strangeling post right under the wire.

Quite seriously, it happened for real in Russia.. let's resist that scenario in the US by preventing it from becoming inevitable

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

cry93

Mikeultra

cry93

They announced it while I was shopping. There were carts of food left at registers. I don't think I will be needing anything for the remainder of the weekend so I will stay home until they figure this out. I even restocked my alcohol supply, lol. I should have rented some movies, though!

I'm going out now to top off my gas tank! 2011 a blizzard, 2012 a hurricane, 2013 s.h.t.f!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have not read the entire thread all I can say if this is true and people cannot access their EBT cards is...YESSS!!

I live in a ghetto where people live off the system and was all excited about more free stuff.
I live pay check to pay check and have had MANY people in my neighborhood come to us to help and get pissed when we couldn't.

All I can say is GOOD>>>BRING IT ON!!!!!

I am very tired of giving LITERLEY all I have to people who actually live better than me and THREATENED me when I had nothing left to give.
As I said we live in a ghetto.

YESS!!!!!! I am ready, let those chips fall!!!!
BRING IT ON !!
edit on 12-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Eek, I could stand a little gas. But I'm not chancing it.

2nd

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

signalfire
Make that Nationwide. They're chiming in now about California and Wyoming, among other places. Seems like it hit first at 9 am on the East Coast. The website of the company that runs the system is also down.

A couple of small staples at the gas station nearby on Thursday got their database engine to spit me a 'transaction declined' thrice. And I was at the time more than appropriately heeled to do the small business...

I presently sniff a locally large rodent traversing the lumberyard. Perhaps a manual withdrawal Monday could be in order, unless disorder has already erupted.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

signalfire
More reports coming in that they work on in-state cards, but out of state cards not functioning. First it was a 'computer glitch', then it was a 'computer upgrade' and somewhere in there, that a Xerox facility that processes payments had a power outage.

Aaaannnnddd... since JP Morgan is the company that handles all this, here's a little something from Bloomberg that may or may not be topical:

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-11/jpmorgan-reports-380-million-third-quarter-loss-on-legal-costs.html

What exactly was discussed in that little banking meeting Obama had the other day, anyways? And since when do they do 'computer upgrades' on a Saturday and federal holiday weekend?

Hi,
You're link is not working for me at least, just letting you know. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

Try this one?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In case this could help anyone today...

Does anyone know if this works...$50 if system is down? That would at least feed kids for the day. I hope so. I doubt the cashiers will know this though...their jobs are bound to be hard today too.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

khimbar

www.bloomberg.com...

Try this one?

Thanks, that works!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks, Mike and Khimbar for fixing the link.

I can't find ANYthing on this on the major news networks. I know all the 'journalists' are off on Saturdays and it's a holiday weekend and all, but you would think this would be hitting the wires big time. I've had no trouble findings dozens of links to it including Twitter posts.

Even a true 'computer glitch' would be news. Are they afraid of setting off a panic if they post something besides what Miley Cyrus' rear end is doing?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Is this countrywide or only in certain states?

It certainly is interesting timing. And I think we all know I'm using the word interesting to mean bloody suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join