It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I crazy or........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So another proposal has been rejected. I am really considering that if no deal is struck by the end of the day on Tuesday that Wednesday morning I am going to take my money out of my accounts at the bank. I am thinking that if Thursday comes and no deal is struck that we will see a run on the banks. I know they don't keep enough money on hand to pay everyone what they have so I want to make sure I get whats mine. Anybody else thinking the same way I am or am I just nuts?
edit on 12-10-2013 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Taking money out the bank is a good idea...then again, make sure you have a fireproof safe in case shift hits the fan....

Btw, you are not crazy....you are following your intuition....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Got a fireproof safe. Its not huge but then again neither are my bank accounts lol

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Buy physical silver bars. They're DIRT cheap and if JP Morgan's scam is exposed you'll make a killing. Plus, it never hurts to have real money in the home, it brings enormous peace of mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Isn't that "draining the account" thing supposed to be dangerous for the economy if enough people decide to do that as well?

So what are we saying here, shutdown + default + riots = Martial law?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Greetings,

I don't think you have to withdrawl your money until you hear them talk about a "bank holiday".
(That's a good indication that the government is about to go "Cyprus" on everyones keisters...or rather savings)
That said, I don't use banks unless it's to get a roll of quarters for laundry from cash I already hold in hand.
I don't like the idea of fractional reserve banking being propped up by my savings and I keep the bare minimum on account just to discourage financial shenanigans and minimize losses due to corrupt banking practices.
But that's just me.

(Plus I don't trust anyone, let alone a bank, with the safe keeping of my P.M.'s)

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Do you think they would even mention a bank holiday? I think they would be more likely to just do a bank holiday without anyone finding out about it untile people started going to the banks.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Anybody else thinking the same way I am or am I just nuts?

They want you to live in fear. There will be a last minute deal this time like all the other times. Stringing it out generates the acceptance people will gain for the new austerity measures. After all you wouldn't want the US to fail entirely would you? Anything, but that.

Oh, good. I can do without a few more dollars as long as the whole house of cards remains standing.

Don't fret, they love controlling the people. Control freaks rule. They would never intentionally give that power trip up.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

These "holidays" were announced in Greece everytime one was to occur so I don't imagine they will change the formula this "late in the game".
Of course I could be completely off base.
If (when) it does happen, it'll take place over a weekend.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

you are definitely not crazy.

as long as you can keep physical cash in a secure place where you are confident your money is safe then I would take it out the bank

originally a bank was supposed to be that ssafe place where everyone can keep their money. But now if your money is in the bank it isnt your money.

take it out

edited to add that the best thing to put your money in is property...spend it on bricksna and mortar and its safe...because there is a good chance that cash wont be worth much in the not to distant future
edit on 12-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Good all but the country is ALREADY basically under marshal law (DHS/Patriot Act/Habeus Corpus suspened, indefintely!) Since the government has the intent of making US currency WORTHLESS so they can switch us over to the Yen, I wouldn't have the guy worry about making a run on his bank. what's in there is lready worthless anyway!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi, I would not recommend keeping cash money at home, even if in a safe...especially if you are putting this type of info on the internet, you can never be too careful as far as cash is concerned. During a raid, you could loose everything and without compensation. Cash is still king and the main target of thieves.

There has been all sorts of upheaval in banking in the UK, but as far as I'm aware, those who have money in UK banks are protected by several layers of protection, or, in rare occasions where losses occur, compensation.

If you don't have confidence in your current banking arrangement, look for alternative banking, or something else.

But do take time to make the right decision on your relevant choices and do the right thing.

There are crooks out there looking to isolate and take advantage of/fraud the nervous and vulnerable, along with the movers and pro-active.

Never give them your details, before you know everything about them...

top topics

join