It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Tea party want to deliberately crash the U.S. economy?+

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

xuenchen

buster2010
reply to post by xuenchen

How many times do I have to point out to you that 09 is still Bush not Obama all of Bush's programs were still going on until December. Then look at 2010 to present it's going down.

Thank God for the Republican majority in the House !!

Just imagine what a full blown Democrat congress would have continued to do !!

Yes, just imagine the damage they could do by concentrating on passing bills that focus on generating jobs. Oh wait a sec...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It looks like the terrorists are winning. Substitute PLO for democrats.

where is "the delta force" to save air america?

there is no point arguing with political hacks. they just keep talking(read MAKE DEMANDS) and the population is crouched in fear. I think the pilot and copilot are dead by now, and the plane is flying on auto-pilot till it runs out of gas.
edit on 13/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Evil_Santa

Methinks that you just picked a random number out and tried stating it as fact.

I was wrong on the count actually. I was tired.

For example, in the years 1946–1992, the U.S. Supreme Court reversed itself in about 130 cases.[7] The U.S. Supreme Court has further explained as follows: [W]hen convinced of former error, this Court has never felt constrained to follow precedent. In constitutional questions, where correction depends upon amendment, and not upon legislative action, this Court throughout its history has freely exercised its power to reexamine the basis of its constitutional decisions. — Smith v. Allwright, 321 U.S. 649, 665 (1944).

SOURCE

130 cases.

Fact is that they change their decisions.

And Justice Roberts is a smart guy. By labeling it a TAX it will probobly be overturned.

Thanks to the Supreme Court, it is now undeniable that Obamacare was tax legislation. It was also, by its own proclamation, a bill for raising revenue. Democrats maintained that the Senate proposal would reduce the federal budget deficit by $130 billion. More to the point, the bill contained 17 explicit “Revenue Provisions” — none of which was remotely related to the House bill to which the Senate proposal was attached. Therefore, Obamacare is revenue-raising tax legislation, originated in the Senate in violation of the Constitution.

Obamacare’s Unconstitutional Origins Tax legislation has to originate in the House; the health-care law didn’t.

See?

I like this opinion. It rings so true.

"You are under the common understanding that Roberts re-wrote the law. In my point of view, and others, who are more knowledgeable and from whom I got the idea in the first place, Roberts didn't make law, he defined a mandate as a tax, and therefore any revenue grabs by the federal government are taxes. The Progressives cannot now or in the future claim that fees, royalties, mandates, or any other word be used for government revenue except the word tax.
If you get the money, it is through a tax no matter how you try to hide it.
Since this is true, Roberts didn't re-write anything and left at least 2 avenues open for a re-visit to the question other than by the ballot.
I think Roberts was 4 moves ahead of the progressives, those both in the government and on the supreme court.
If the origination question arises there really is no defense. End of Obamacare."

It sucks knowing that this might be repealed, doesn't it.

Progressives have to be crapping in their pants. Methinks YOU dont do your homework.

edit on 13-10-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo duh

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

xuenchen

buster2010

How many times do I have to point out to you that 09 is still Bush not Obama all of Bush's programs were still going on until December. Then look at 2010 to present it's going down.

Yes, just imagine the damage they could do by concentrating on passing bills that focus on generating jobs. Oh wait a sec...

Now THIS is downright hilarious. I have watched FIVE Democratic administrations mouth that bald faced lie with the same result EVERY time....NO JOBS capable of supporting families. And the Republicans are not a hell of lot better, but at least they are less hell bent on regulating every thing to stagnation. Free market works and small business is the key to job growth. You strangle them, you screw the job market. You can not economically raise Peter by economically lowering Paul and "redistributing wealth". It never ceases to amaze me that so many people worship a whiny assed loser who could not hold a job. Karl Marx was a nut job who sure as hell did NOTHING but harm the concept of the collective. And I did not deal with them in college my youthful friend, it was the jungles and rice paddies of Vietnam.

That being said, I think you may be correct in your assertion that he is not a Marxist. He IS, however, in bed with them since their agenda is the same as his. He has made no bones about his Islamic bent, and the Marxist agenda fits with the Islamist's ultimate end of toppling the US as a world power. The ACA, if not corrected, will CERTAINLY do that, as noted by Secretary Sebelius.

Your interest in American politics is strangely...intense... and I am curious as to why any Cymraeg, angry or otherwise, finds a need to voice his/her opinion on clearly internal American politics....and in such a perfunctory manner. What is YOUR dog in this fight? You have every right to comment, but perhaps you could stop insulting the intelligence of the people who have to deal with this crap. Savvy people KNOW that the TP only shares 1/3 the blame, along with the "establishment" GOP and the allied Senate/White House Democrats. Your predilection to hyperbole and emotion laced judgments you purvey as fact is starting to make you look a bit silly despite your obviously high level of intelligence.

Nothing is as simplistic as you assert and damn few, if any, are innocent. Such is the nature of power.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

No the tea party came from the occupy wallstreet movement. They are against the feds, bailouts, and tarp. They don't like both Bush and Obama. Obama happens to be in power, so it looks like they are after him. Plus, with the help of the fake stream media they make them out to be lunnies.

The truth is Obama is backed by wallstreet goons. The tea party gets donations from Koch, but koch also funded Clinton. Koch is looking after their best interest since Obama rather buys oil from the saudis because he is loyal to them. Then have Americans drill oil in our vast oil reserves.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So what, everything is a damm tax anyway. Ciggie tax, liquor tax, gasoline tax, sales tax, property tax, inheritance tax, income tax, etc. What exactly isn't a tax? Have you VOLUNTARILY paid your taxes this year? You might have to VOLUNTARILY go to prison if you dont. hehehe

Dont get me wrong, I hate ACA because its an insurance bailout scam, just like all the other recent bailouts. Thats why obozo will have spent 3 times more than bush by the time he finishes his term, and assuming the nation has not fully defaulted by then.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spock51

My dog in this fight? I've always admired America. I used to work for a US company. And my wife is from Oregon. So that's why I comment on US politics. I cannot understand why people hate Obama so much. And it appals me when I see comments that call him a muslim or a Marxist. Sorry, but he's not. It's stupid and facile regard him as such.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's the Obama administration that is fulfilling the plan to crash the economy of the US. I'm also fairly sure that the IMF initiated the plan.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

xuenchen

buster2010

Seeing how it's going down under a Democrat and constantly going up under a Republican they could do no worst.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

xuenchen

buster2010

Yes like when that commie Obama offered companies tax breaks to bring jobs back to America the Republicans blocked that. Good thing they did who needs jobs in America.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by openminded2011

Your conspiracy theory is as good as any, since we can never prove them. We are not in those cigar smoke filled rooms when they decide these things.

We are already in an oligarchy though.

The tea party are just restless ignorant bigots who, like children, don’t realize the harm they cause being so self-centered.

The so-called moderate GOP are almost as low since they sat on the sidelines hoping the Tea party nuts would make the spineless wimp Obama fold again, until the polls went bad.

Conversely, those for the welfare state are ignorant selfish bigots who don't care about the harm they cause by being so selfish as to want to take from others.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

St Udio
no...absolutely not.... the 'tea-Party'

wants government to be kept from meddleing in the minutia affairs of the populace

If the Tea Party wants government to be kept from meddling in the minutia affairs of the populace, why do people that get into office that are associated with the Tea Party always end up meddling in the minutia affairs of the populace?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

buster2010

AngryCymraeg

xuenchen

buster2010

Yes like when that commie Obama offered companies tax breaks to bring jobs back to America the Republicans blocked that. Good thing they did who needs jobs in America.

Shouldn't offer tax breaks to corporations....if they want to do business in the US, they should produce in the US. Tariffs should be raised, companies shouldn't be encouraged to outsource.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Does the Tea party want to deliberately crash the U.S. economy?

Yes.

The TP, like all anger/anxiety fueled movements in history gains support during times of crisis and stress.

Economic Recovery is not in their best interest. It weakens them.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is this some kind of a joke?? Republicans made 16 attempts to compromise with democrats on the healthcare bill but not even once would democrats come to the table. Now they want to act like it's the Republicans fault?? You people are batsh** insane!! Now two days away from the debt ceiling deadline and Obama postpones his meeting with congress. Republicans fault?? What a joke the democrats have caused this all along and are still causing the shutdown slow down and eventual collapse..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
the problem here is,
people who live under the spell of a sociopath almost never realize it

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

If democrats are "for the poor" and republicans are "for the rich" as many people like to claim:

Wouldn't the democrats profit by creating/maintaining poor masses? Wouldn't the republicans want to make more "evil rich" to add to their base?

This is where the fallacy is exposed IMO.

If democrats would allow the country to prosper (instead of constantly stonewalling actual growth), the republicans would gain supporters while the democrats would lose them.

Both parties are made up of "evil rich" why give a pass to half of them because they put a (D) after their name?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by Indigo5

If democrats are "for the poor" and republicans are "for the rich" as many people like to claim:

Wouldn't the democrats profit by creating/maintaining poor masses? Wouldn't the republicans want to make more "evil rich" to add to their base?

Democrats are for representing the poor (and Middle Class...which are sliding toward "poor")

They are not for poverty...just the opposite.

Put another way...The Poor do not aspire to become poorer...the rich do aspire to keep their wealth or increase it.

That is the fallacy of your argument.

If the Democrats agenda was to create more poor people, then poor people would not support that agenda.

NOW...

Ideological Extremism is consistently and directly related to social stress, economic crisis et al. This is true now, all over the world and all throughout history here in the USA and abroad.

Ideological Extremist movements are fueled by emotion vs. rational problem solving.

The Lizard Brain...the fight or flee mechanism during times of stress and unpredictability.

There are hard-wired mechanisms in our brains that tell us to STOP thinking and either FIGHT or FLEE. These evolutionary mechanisms are necessary when you are walking through the woods and bear charges you. If you take the time to asses the size of the bear, the speed that it is moving, the statistical likelihood it will kill you, which tree is most likely to afford you shelter, are you wearing proper shoes to run...CHOMP you are dead.

Thus evolution provides us with the over-ride switch...don't think...react!

During times of economic stress ideological extremist movements become appealing because they express anger, intolerance in response to crisis. It is a comfortable solution to the insecurity social or economic. These reactionary movements are further spurred by fear mongering...Islamic law in the USA, Death Panels, End of Times etc.

BUT...as things stabilize and recover...people's thinking centers begin to come back online and those movements appeal begin to fade.

It is why Islamaphobia, Birtherism and other emotionally driven fuels for the TP have all but evaporated.

The Tea Party is at it's most appealing in times of economic and social crisis. It fuels the movement.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow! Judging by all the back and forth bantering, I'd say that the establishment is succeeding with exactly what they want.

Get over the who's to blame crap and realize its all a tailored illusion designed to make you think there is a side better than the other. None of these "bought" politicians give two iota's about "you" personally!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join