It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You keep blaming the republicans without a stand on what you want.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
People continue to blame the republicans for the government shutdown, but I see the same people say Obamacare is one of the worst things that is being implemented, I hear people talk about how the national debt is a huge issue and is surrounded by corruption and agendas, yet when republicans want to do something about it people are not happy.

Take a stand, people. You shouldn't be both pro obama and anti-obama.

As of now, the republican party wants to slow down Obamas dictatorship attitude, they want to call for accountability, they want to put an end to nationally forced down our throats, break our bank, un-affordable healthcare.

I swear every moron that jumps on the bandwagon of " Anti-GOP and republicans " is the reason this nation is falling.

Obama wants to steal our guns, our money, our freedoms. Someone tries to stand up for us and you bite the hand that feeds you. Maybe we deserve the terrible leaders we have. No one will do anything about it, and when someone tries, they get upset about that as well.

No, I am not extremely conservative and right wing, for the record. I'd call myself more of a libertarian who believes in a balance between liberal/conservative ideas, just as this nation was created - with two parties. Different ideas to balance each other out.

Also, people that say conservatives are behind on the times, look where a lot of them come from, the Reagan era. One of our most prosperous times, while I do not agree with every social issue, financially? I'd listen to the side that has numbers behind them, not emotion-filled speeches about what's fair.

Also, for all of those that keep saying that republicans and democrats are all the same people - I'm talking about the thief in my house, you're talking about the thief in the neighborhood. Meaning yes, we need a complete overhaul, get rid of both, but the worst things happening right now are Obama-care, and no one being held accountable for the national debt.
edit on 12-10-2013 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deadlyhope

I swear every moron that jumps on the bandwagon of " Anti-GOP and republicans " is the reason this nation is falling.

This country is failing because people keep voting these parties into office. They have had control for over 150 years and they have failed at their job.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

buster2010

This country is failing because people keep voting these parties into office. They have had control for over 150 years and they have failed at their job.

The two party system is a simple divide and conquer tactic, divide the population and the corps win.

For our government to work we need to take big money out of politics, and changing to proportional representation would be a great help in moving our nation on to the right track. imho
edit on 12-10-2013 by AlaskanDad because: grammar

edit on 12-10-2013 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

AlaskanDad

buster2010

The two party system is a simple divide and conquer tactic, divide the population and the corps win.

For our government to work we need to take big money out of politics, and changing to proportional representation would be a great help in moving our nation on to the right track. imho
edit on 12-10-2013 by AlaskanDad because: grammar

edit on 12-10-2013 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

I would have some sympathy with that. There is not much doubt the GOP started with the shenanigans to derail the Obamacare package, not supported entirely by that party's members, and in some cases not supported by democrats. Actually, Obamacare is about raising standards in the corporate medical/insurance world at least with the 80% demand on care and the allowance of 20% on the silly stuff like advertising and paper through the door or postbox. Put that in another context, does anyone here know how much your shillings donated to a high profile charity or an emergency charity from the same order actually goes direct to those in proper need? Answer is not even near those figures.

new topics

top topics

join