It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are responsible for your own survivial - no one else.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

1. Have you ever thought of the fact that someone can become disabled after working for years and years, or does that not count? Also, I agree with your observation of abusing the unemployment system, it is done too much today.

2. You're trying to assume a lot of things with this point, none of which are true, btw. Your argument for this point is null and void and has pretty much came to name calling. But, I'll cover this anyway. These tests are done on a yearly bases and yes I'm very familiar with the health system as I'm the one who needs it and I have paid into my SSI as I worked my entire life. Also, where are you getting these ideas about a person you never met and if I travel, or if I don't or what inconveniences me? YOU don't know me from the man on the moon and yet you can make these assumptions?

3. I don't think you have any idea of how modern day medicine works. It's not like people who are ill can just take a truck load of medicine and run into the forest. I really can't believe how ignorant your point of view is on this.

A. This point is so ridiculous it's unbelievable. Sure, let's order our medicine from some online person who can say the product is whatever they want, then put it in our bodies, right.

B. The only people who need electricity are on life support? Have you been to a local hospital lately? I guess people who need radiation, MRI's, Cat Scans and so forth don't matter to you.

C, D. If you're healthy and can do the labor needed to garden. Some people, like the elderly, can't. I guess in your world they would just die.

""When I was a tax payer"? So how do you live?"

So you're making money, not paying taxes on it, spending it and all while telling me you don't need money to survive. If you don't need money, then give it to someone who does, I'm sure there's a lot of people that could use your money if you don't like or need it.

I hope one day you don't need the help of someone else and they tell you to go #$# in your hat.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Yes. It is not mine nor the governments job to provide for sick and needy children. It is the parents and the families.

Apparently people don't understand the risks that come with child rearing - the fact that your child might not be healthy. That it will cost money to maintain that child. That it is the responsibility of the parents to take care of that child.

But no, you can blame me for it. You can blame the government for not handing out paychecks to people that reproduce wildly with no hint of repercussions for doing so.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

If you want to take my points personally, feel free, though I am not talking about you as a person specifically, nor did I call you any names.

The assumptions I make are about people in general, and they are moreso observations.

Considering I am surrounded by "modern medicine" and I got to doctors and I purchase my own medications through outlets other than pharmacies, I do believe I know, for the most part, how modern medicine works. The practices I employ might be shady and not necessarily considered "legal" in the United States, but it works, and no one gets hurt for it. Like I said before, some people have the stones to go against legislation that is unconstitutional and irrational, while others have to stick within the confines of the predisposed system.

As for your counterpoints:

A. Medications for pets have the same if not more stringent guidelines to follow. 800 mg of Amoxicillin is the same thing when giving it to a horse as it is giving it to a human, as are the thousands of other drugs available.

B. None of those things are NEEDED for survival. They are tools that make processes that already existed easier to perform. Not to mention that vitamin C treatments have shown equal to, if not better results than radiation treatment, yet is underfunded by pharmaceutical companies because they can't make bank of herbal remedies.

C.D. Indoor gardening, once again, is not hard. You can do it even if confined to a wheelchair. Your point holds no ground as anyone I know who couldn't accomplish minimal garden is either in a nursing home or living with in home care that could help them.

My money is needed because that is what people have chosen to trade with in America. I do some bartering, but sadly not everything is accustomed to ways of old. The money I do make goes towards utilities that make life easier and allow me to talk to fine people like you. I don't have "extra money" because I choose only to make as much as I need and the rest goes towards making myself even more self sustainable. I am human, and I do enjoy some finer things out of life as well, so consider me a "tool of the system".

But I am far removed compared to the average Joe. I don't give extra money away because that would be promoting the one thing this entire topic is against: dependence on money. The fact is that these people who "need money" don't "need" money at all. They need time and effort put in by themselves, and where they can't, their families and communities.

That is why I volunteer my time, my experience, my sweat to help people so that maybe this society can learn a little something from my actions instead of thinking that money can buy you everything.

Because when you go full circle, back to the original intention of this topic - the fact remains. When money is gone and no one accepts it, for those people who are dependent on the system, they will either adapt (quickly if they didn't prepare) or they will die. Those dependent on the medical system - they will die. Those dependent on the government for their livelihood - they will die.

You adapt or die. The world is changing fast and we soon are not going to live in the land of good and plenty anymore, where medical service, prefabbed housing, and precooked food is all going to be available down the corner. When that time comes who will be prepared?

The people that took my advice and the advice of the many other knowledgeable posters here on ATS. The rest, regrettably, will die.
Thus is history.
And history will continue no matter how much you fight it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We call it the same thing. Its totally the running joke.

On a serious note my biggest obstacle is or was, my wife. Her family just doesn't subscribe, and sadly are not ready for a mouse farting on a cotton ball. (not bashing them they just dont)

But she has recently started to turn around and we are starting slow but at least we are moving in the right direction.

Great thread thank you all for your ideas!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join