It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sprayable Energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sprayable Energy?

Okay, Folks! Here it is: Sprayable energy! No more waiting on that slow coffee pot, or having to wait in line at the coffee stand.

Two young entrepreneurs have developed this spray that contains caffeine, and is absorbed through the skin.

Watch the video in the link, and read the full article for more information.

This might just catch on!!

news.yahoo.com...

Sprayable Energy, a liquid caffeine product that you spray onto your skin like perfume, made a buzz when it raised more than $168,000 on the crowd fundraising site Indiegogo, indicating a strong demand for an odorless caffeine dispensary that doesn’t stain your teeth.
Its creators, Deven Soni, 33, and Ben Yu, 21, say Sprayable Energy is also a smoother conduit for caffeine than coffee.
“The experience that users are expected to feel is not the ‘jittery-ness’ and ‘over-alertness’ that people get used to with coffee or energy drinks,” said Soni, who was a venture capitalist before creating this product with Yu, a Harvard undergraduate.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I need my big mug of coffee in the morning to coddle and wake up to ..the only spray I can handle in the morning is the shower ..Nope ..wont work for me .

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This must be for addicts rather than people that like a cup of coffee.
Drugs are bad, legal ones more so.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I agree. I love the taste, myself. I use the different flavored creamers, and I can't see giving that up. Although, this product would be great to take along to work for that afternoon "pick-me-up". They say is doesn't cause the jitters, and is better for you than energy drinks.

Could be "a hit" for some people who don't like coffee, as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi sled. Well ya know i love my coffee. But im not sure about that lol. Spray on. I usually end up wearing my coffee anyhow when i spill it

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

OUCH!!
Be careful, Doc! That could be dangerous if it lands in the wrong place!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hmm.. interesting!

I can see this catching on big time... in the U.S.

You won't ever catch me spraying any though!

But I don't drink coffee

Maybe we should just get more sleep... go polyphasic like a cat or dog.. or Leonardo da Vinci.. it's how humans are supposed to live/sleep. Go UBERMAN!

source (WiseGeek.com - "Da Vinci Sleep Schedule")
source (highexistence.com - "Alternate Sleep Cycles")

S+F, neat- good find.

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

TheDoctor46
reply to post by sled735

Hi sled. Well ya know i love my coffee. But im not sure about that lol. Spray on. I usually end up wearing my coffee anyhow when i spill it

Haha yes. I wore a cup the other week when some twat 17 year old mucking about with a hoola hoop collected my cup and drenched me.

The look on his face was worth it though. But it was when he realised that Im a passive bloke. He couldnt say sorry enough.. but I just laughed.

Hmm Hmm the allure of old coffee in public. Attactive!!

as to the spray, I am not sure.. you cannot titrate it. You cannot remove an excess by purging if you do take too much. You are basically at the whim of the amount you apply. It's the same thing when they came up with drinkable nicotine years ago, you cannot test your dose, so you can easily overdose.

And I drink a soup mug multiple times a day full of coffee, to help me with my insomnia (lmao joke.. I've given up dealing with it, may as well join it) so 1/4 cup> I'd douse myself with an entire bottle.

How do they claim it doesnt produce jitters and nervousness? Caffeine is caffeine no matter the route of administration. Unless they have a anxyolitic mixed with it, like taurine. Perhaps..

As for being for addicts, what a stupid comment. But expected from .. yeah well..

If you drink coffee and do not believe you are an addict to the drug, you're fooling yourself. Absolutely. If they made coffee illegal tomorrow, you'd all be down the local dealer buying your illicit joe.. Or you'd be suffering withdrawal and being a right bummer to all and sundry.

I often cut out the middle man and make homebake coffee. Grinding up the precursor beans, and bugger filtering it. Turkish style, sweet as heaven black as hell. I am an addict.

new topics

top topics

join