It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK to get major snowfall in the next month or two

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Actually sent you a u2u then read this thread. Regarding the Lake District I mentioned above that me and a few friends attempted a 3 peak challenge (it's explained in a post a bit further back) and one of the peaks is Scafell Pike however when we got there every single hill was coated with cloud. We called it off mainly for safety

London ... London I find ok in small doses living relatively close I don't often go to London. I either am going through, around it and if i actually venture into London i tend not to remember anything the next day

I have welsh cousins ! Lol wales is a small version of Scotland.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Actually sent you a u2u then read this thread. Regarding the Lake District I mentioned above that me and a few friends attempted a 3 peak challenge (it's explained in a post a bit further back) and one of the peaks is Scafell Pike however when we got there every single hill was coated with cloud. We called it off mainly for safety

London ... London I find ok in small doses living relatively close I don't often go to London. I either am going through, around it and if i actually venture into London i tend not to remember anything the next day

I have welsh cousins ! Lol wales is a small version of Scotland.

Oh, HEY now!!! Don't go comparing the Scots to the Welsh!!! Come on !!!

The Scots gave us excellent beer, Scotch, Haggis, and Golf.

All the Welsh gave us was imperceptible "English"
(sorry, couldn't resist...nothing personal against your family

And besides, my family up in Cumbria are practically Scottish anyways...with tons of relatives on both sides of the line. They're good people up there. Edinburgh is beautiful, Glasgow is the armpit of the universe in my humble opinion, and they have THE coolest toilets I've ever seen (ten foot square rooms, with a two inch trough and drains around the perimeter, with water faucets strategically placed ever three feet to run down from about shoulder height on the wall)....you've just gotta love urinating on the wall...NOT being completely pissed yourself!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm Cumbrian, about 25 miles from the Scottish border.

My mums side of the family (Elder) is Scottish, but not for a few generations.

Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. Cumbrian, born, bred and proud.

Tis a beautiful place indeed!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Believe me after visiting Scotland I wouldn't think twice about moving there, it was a shame to get back in my concrete jungle after visiting Scotland. Couldn't agree more about Glasgow we drove through .. And I'm glad we didn't stop. It looked a bit of a dive (slang word for a dump)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Blah blah you lot and your beautiful scenery just because you don't have the pleasure of having a duel carriage way a few miles from your house and all you can hear is the drone of the traffic

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

We do have an awful lot of fighters flying over low, they use this as a training ground, noisy buggers.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The Daily Express?????, the paper that warned us millions would die in Britain last year from the cold, I wouldn't really give them much credence, they love alarmist headlines at that paper :-)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Snow, UK? Every year theres snow and cold even if it does just come in drips and drabs. Its the morons that dress like its still the middle of summer and then complain when their feet get wet or their arms are a wee bit cold ... get a grip!

As for Glasgow being the armpit of the universe, pray tell what redeeming and wonderful qualities your wonderful city / town / village / oxter has above my wonderful city which is full of fantastic people, loads of free museums, amazing places to eat & drink etc.

BTW whoever posted the Still Game vid ... excellent stuff!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

woogleuk

We do have an awful lot of fighters flying over low, they use this as a training ground, noisy buggers.

Now you are rubbing it in .. Beautiful scenery and now you say military jets! We are gonna fall out soon woogle lol ..

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Shminkee Pinkee

The Daily Express?????, the paper that warned us millions would die in Britain last year from the cold, I wouldn't really give them much credence, they love alarmist headlines at that paper :-)

I am fully aware of what the express is like .. If you read a few pages back I'm kind of regretting making the post

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Alright...I'm kicking this off again simply because I've seen similar reports in a few places about major snowfall starting next week. I'm not fear mongering...we need to be prepared *incase* this is accurate. I'm well aware that weather forecasts are ridiculously inaccurate sometimes.

Sorry...I know it's the Express...but it's just a head's up...

I've also had warnings from independent weather pages pop up on FB, for what it's worth...again, if it's coming from more than one source we need to pay attention. I'm reminded horribly about winter 2010 when we had 5 months of snow here, and were snowed in for a couple of weeks at a time. If this is real, it's only a week away, or less.

Wrap up warm and stock up on groceries

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Shminkee Pinkee

It could be worse. It could be The Star.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This just in. Grass is green.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Not for much longer hopefully !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join