It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK to get major snowfall in the next month or two

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Funny you should say Alaska .. My friend contacted me today regarding a trekking trip across Alaska we are planning for 2016

Oh when you guys get snow ... You definitely get it ...what did you do with the coke lol ?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No wonder gas and electricity is going up by %10 this winter.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

the cold is gods way of keeping the old folks numbers in check .

so rig as many meters as you can this winter

edit on 12/10/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Ha over kill on the fires. To be honest it's probably the old folk that can deal with it they have been done that got the knitted sweater

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

watch the video i am winston of the north

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was just pulling your leg, that's all - no harm intended!

And you are right, you could be a weather presenter, as could most, seems like a cushy job...and probably a nice little earner, too!

I do remember though, a forecast on TV in Derbyshire, UK over last winter saying:

"Despite the current sunny spell, You can expect some snow at 5pm this evening"

And then Bosh, there it was, at 5pm!

We was amazed by a weatherman and this is a great thread, keep up the good work on important UK matters!!
edit on 12-10-2013 by Chesterpudlian because: Praise!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Funny you should say Alaska .. My friend contacted me today regarding a trekking trip across Alaska we are planning for 2016

Oh when you guys get snow ... You definitely get it ...what did you do with the coke lol ?

Considering I was about five, I don't think we snorted it

Most likely just scraped it off of the ceiling and cleaned up the mess. I remember we (kids) would egg car windshields, which was MEAN as all hell to do in a winter climate like Alaska....just kinda reminds me of that time with the coke frozen to the ceiling.

Maybe sometime we should swap some stories. Like, moose in our driveway, bears in the trash, pet alsatians getting into fights with a porcupine, etc

Just my life growing up in AK....

What part of the UK are you from? Ever been up to Cumbria or the Lake District in general? Absolutely beautiful up there. Loved it every time I was there.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
what's that like 5 cm ?? get real We can get 5 ft of snow in one dump sometimes. I couple winters ago my neighbors car was just a mound of snow, you couldn't see the car. I finaly bought an awd 4x4 and I love it cuz I never get stuck anymore. It's amazing. So ya UK 5 cm of snow ohhh nooo

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

kingears
reply to post by woogleuk

Cool, I was last in the lakes during my army days, we had a nice little wander up Scafell Pike, nice views up there.

King

Attempted scafell month or so ago .. Weather was atrocious we called it off

Went to top of Scafell a few years ago. Started off in shorts and tee shirt but jeans and waterproofs over them plus thick jumper and cagul + hat by the time we got to the top. A rain cloud followed us all the way back to the tent where we peeled off our sodden clothing and slept for 10 hours. I was on a natural high for days after.

But the Three Peaks Challenge.......Scafell, Ben Nevis and Snowdon all in 24 hours........!!!?

Respect!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
When I read the online newspaper report on this, my first thought was, how do they know WHEN the jet stream is going to be blocked?? and cause this snow event???

I think that they DON'T.

So my next thought was maybe this is a code for.......?

Dutchsinse has theorized that Shark attacks are false flags, big foot sightings (in US) are terrrorist attacks and that Costa Concordia in the media is the code for major Earth disasters/changes.

So keep an eye out for interesting events, after this newspaper headline of 'SNOW in UK'.

OP everything is worth bringing up in my mind. You may have stumbled onto a UK code!!!

(If not then I still love having a laugh at the North/South divide banter. LOL)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm a little unsure why this is unusual or needs discussion, it seems par for the course.

Next will be a story on how its going to rain for a bit in the UK. Think of the childrenz !

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

AriesJedi
When I read the online newspaper report on this, my first thought was, how do they know WHEN the jet stream is going to be blocked?? and cause this snow event???

I think that they DON'T.

You're quite right, they don't. James Madden and Jonathan Powell, quoted in the story, are not real meteorologists and have no more to do with the Met Office than I have to do with NASA. They regularly issue sensational weather forecasts which are generally ignored except by Nathan Rao, a so-called journalist working for the Daily Express, who delights in writing stories based on their 'predictions' regardless of how incredible or contradictory they are. Today he has added another story, claiming that as well as the coldest winter for decades and heavy snow in November, we're also going to get heavy rain until Christmas.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I will watch the video when I can I've been busy and for whatever reason I my phone doesn't want to play videos

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Don't mean to sound blunt I'm using my phone. I'm in the south east .. Just outside East London. Been to a few nice places Scotland and Wales, snowboarded in Austria. I've seen Alaska in many pictures films etc and it does look amazing. It's a once in a life time trip
Unless I win the lottery then say hello to your new neighbour

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

spartacus699
what's that like 5 cm ?? get real We can get 5 ft of snow in one dump sometimes. I couple winters ago my neighbors car was just a mound of snow, you couldn't see the car. I finaly bought an awd 4x4 and I love it cuz I never get stuck anymore. It's amazing. So ya UK 5 cm of snow ohhh nooo

Ah come on be nice we are just a little island ! And I can't help that the nation turns into idiots once it snows

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Psychoparrot

ThePeaceMaker

kingears
reply to post by woogleuk

Cool, I was last in the lakes during my army days, we had a nice little wander up Scafell Pike, nice views up there.

King

Attempted scafell month or so ago .. Weather was atrocious we called it off

Went to top of Scafell a few years ago. Started off in shorts and tee shirt but jeans and waterproofs over them plus thick jumper and cagul + hat by the time we got to the top. A rain cloud followed us all the way back to the tent where we peeled off our sodden clothing and slept for 10 hours. I was on a natural high for days after.

But the Three Peaks Challenge.......Scafell, Ben Nevis and Snowdon all in 24 hours........!!!?

Respect!

It's quite a popular thing to do a real test .. Put it this way I need to do more exercise before I attempt it again

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

I like your thinking I'll keep an eye out for any suspicious .. What I love about the north south divide I have notice how well the northerners have accepted being second best .. I respect that so much

edit on 14-10-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims
I'm a little unsure why this is unusual or needs discussion, it seems par for the course.

Next will be a story on how its going to rain for a bit in the UK. Think of the childrenz !

Yeah I know I get your point and I realised this, a few pages back I mentioned how kind of regretted posting it

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

AriesJedi

I think that they DON'T.

You're quite right, they don't. James Madden and Jonathan Powell, quoted in the story, are not real meteorologists and have no more to do with the Met Office than I have to do with NASA. They regularly issue sensational weather forecasts which are generally ignored except by Nathan Rao, a so-called journalist working for the Daily Express, who delights in writing stories based on their 'predictions' regardless of how incredible or contradictory they are. Today he has added another story, claiming that as well as the coldest winter for decades and heavy snow in November, we're also going to get heavy rain until Christmas.

Totally agree with both comments. I remember last year wanting some snow as I do enjoy it. I looked at long range forecasts seeing snow then a few days later it changes

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Don't mean to sound blunt I'm using my phone. I'm in the south east .. Just outside East London. Been to a few nice places Scotland and Wales, snowboarded in Austria. I've seen Alaska in many pictures films etc and it does look amazing. It's a once in a life time trip
Unless I win the lottery then say hello to your new neighbour

You know, funny that I've been to the UK at least a dozen or more times, yet unlike the great unwashed masses I've never once set foot anywhere within 300 miles of London. I'd love to go, but I don't really know anyone there, and I've been spoiled in my travels by knowing someone there who could take me to see the REAL way things are in that town, rather than just the touristy crap, you know? Perhaps someday you could be the person to show me London ?
Who knows!!!

Yeah, Scotland is beautiful. I love Inverness. Never been to Wales though. Was described to me as "Englands very own recneck cousins "
I think I'd get a big kick out of exploring down there

Alaska is simply gorgeous, but due to climate change (notice I didn't say Climate Warning [which is frakking load of #e in my opinion]) it has changed greatly up there. And, the cultural attitude has shifted greatly, and now mostly consists of bible thumping right wing christian conservatines. Hey, live and let live, but it's just not what I grew up in back in the 70's.

So, no to whether or not you've ever been to the Lake District? Freaking gorgeous. I have a daughter that lives there with her banshee of an English mother. Suffice it to say, that's why I've never been to London. I love going and take any and every chance I can to get over, which unfortunately hasn't been in a while.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join