It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rules out short-term debt ceiling hike

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

and, yet, the democratic led senate just voted down a possible solution as well.

both sides are at fault here because both sides are acting like 4 year olds.

Obama needs to negotiate and the Congress needs to work with the white house, not against it.

I don't think there's anyone who isn't to blame for some aspect of this mess.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by marg6043

You right wings can be complete idiots..

I love how you blame the democrats, and how you blame for Obama for not taking personal responsibility ( contradiction at it's best).

I don't have political affiliations what so ever, I have voted for both parties and I bash both parties equally when in power, sadly Democrats are in my bashing bag now as they are in power.

In the white house is a snake this snake have two heads, but only one body, right now the Democratic snake head of the snake is the one that is in charge, so they take blame for the nations woes

Is just as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What about janet yellen new fed position. Obeezy be like I'll get you the job if you dont lower our credit rating

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good lord....

We want leadership and compromise with fiscal responsibility....

Instead we got the cast of Hee Haw...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

That women is been propped quietly as usual during the whole shut down ordeal, deceiving, but that is how the politicrap works, the recycle trash get to hold political positions of power do to the deeds the do to keep the political game the way that the corporate dictatorship wants it.

If you kiss enough butts you get to please the political elite while becoming another lap dog.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Greetings,

This comes as no suprise to me.
Barry is an "all or nothing" kinda guy and if he can't have it all...he'll make sure we get nothing.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe it was Moody's that said last week that the US takes enough in each DAY in tax revenue that the US debt could be "serviced" (interest paid on time) and default was NOT an immediate concern. Default being a long term concern as the debt (printing of money, QE) is untenable. To avoid a Greece like scenario FISCAL REFORM MUST OCCUR.

Politically, that cannot be permitted by the Democrats (and quisling Republicans) who benefit electorally from a continued dependant welfare class. ObamaCare is a ramped up furthering of citizen dependency. That is why there is NO negotiation or compromise. ObamaCare must implement; the dollar must crash. As Obama said before Inauguration1.0 "He's here to fundamentally change America." For the worse.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

what Moody's said was that the AAA rating was safe but the US needed to raise the debt ceiling.

www.reuters.com...

In other words, if we don't raise it, our rating isn't safe, which makes sense since, if we don't raise the ceiling we will most likely, default on some payments.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What can are we kicking down the road if we keep raising the debt ceiling? I don't get it they basically have dug this country a hole we are not going to get out of. And now they want to sit around and go, look at us we didn't bring this about. The other side is saying the same thing as well. They're playing the American public like a fiddle. The Dems and the Reps are a joke (Prez included, he's driving the bus right now)......ONE BIG ARSE JOKE.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

www.forbes.com... closest thing i found that may be relevent but im not really smart with economic stuff so i could be way wrong...but hope it helps

www.sbsun.com...

economix.blogs.nytimes.com...

expectedloss.blogspot.com...

www.ibtimes.com...

rt.com...

few other links on the matter from a variety of souces

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well ebt cards are now possibility down nationwide.

twitchy.com...

Better hope this is just a glitch, because if it is some thing due to the shutdown you are going to see riots. (a sneak peak at what is coming when the dollar collapses)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by Glinda

what Moody's said was that the AAA rating was safe but the US needed to raise the debt ceiling.

www.reuters.com...

In other words, if we don't raise it, our rating isn't safe, which makes sense since, if we don't raise the ceiling we will most likely, default on some payments.

But they where so fast/easy with downgrading several EU country's.
So even with this, no worry AAA is safe as it can be.
Not 1 EU country defaulted (yet) or missed payments but they paid a big price with the interest going very high on the debt because of the downgrades.

But yea no suprise, the EU is in fact a danger to the US, powerwise, imagine the Euro taking the dollar's place.

On topic.

Obama isn't wise. He basicly says no to everything and blaming everyone else, which gets him basicly nowhere?

edit on 12-10-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

MidnightTide
Well ebt cards are now possibility down nationwide.

twitchy.com...

Better hope this is just a glitch, because if it is some thing due to the shutdown you are going to see riots. (a sneak peak at what is coming when the dollar collapses)

1. Obama rejects shut down solutions.

2. Obama goes on a tirade on the radio.

3. Then all of a sudden we see a brand new *crisis*

4. Hmmm.

5. Coincidence ?

6. No such animal.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hey, I'm just glad that both sides are sitting down and working together to solve this country's problems. Neither side will get everything they want, but that's what compromise is all about, right? I'm happy to see that our leaders are more concerned with doing what's right than worried about their side winning. Thank YOU United States Government!

Someday, maybe I'll be able to say those words without them dripping in sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not a big fan of ANY of these government workers (politicians) but, he's doing the right thing. Don't just kick the can down the road!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Doing errands this afternoon, not checking phone, but AFTER I had posted on this thread...on the store PA System, a mumbled announcement, repeated, and repeated. By about the fourth repeat...I was able to make out what was said..."EBT card system malfunctioning." There was NO disturbance that I could see, but the front end (register area) had definite management presence.

That said, and I'm a longtime ATS reader/poster, I cannot help but imagine this "malfunction" was anything but accidental. A "trial run" to see how the most financially fragile "react"? I truly do fear for those who could NOT buy food today...it's expected to fixed "very soon" but what if the next time (let's say around holidays, when money and emotions/pride entwine) what happens then?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Good lord....

We want leadership and compromise with fiscal responsibility....

Instead we got the cast of Hee Haw...

More like these guys

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Obama is on a Mission to Bankrupt this Country , the Signs are Everywhere , that is what my Perceptions of the State Of The Union are telling me Personally Right Now . Question is , For Who's Agenda ?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Probably the reason there is no factual data on a US default is because it has never happened here before.

Well if you wanted to be immortalized in the history books I would assume bringing the United States into the first ever default would foot the bill.

If Congress presents him with a reasonable debt ceiling, if even just buying time, and he rejects it in the 11th hour because it doesn't fund his defunct "pet project" then as far as I'm concerned he owns it.

If the Congress backs down now it may be some time before I ever consider voting again. That would be the straw that breaks this camels back.

Congress when doing its job brings the concerns and desires of its constituency to DC. As far as I am concerned this is what they are now doing for the first time in a long time, without clouding the issue with their personal ideology and honestly serving their constituents - Right or wrong. But if they turn their backs on us now and cow down to "substantial" opposition I give up. We would then be truly lost in my estimation.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Actually all went ebt systems are run by each individual state.. yes it's federally funded but each state has its own card and system... my card worked just fine when I used at 8pm c st

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join