It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi there,
I've been visiting ATS forums for several years now, but I never had any reason to join myself.
Today when I stumbled upon a topic where ATS community helps with solving a mystery, I realized there's this story I read years ago that still bugs the hell out of me as I can't find any mentions of it anywhere anymore. Yet it's one of the most intriguing and weird stories I've ever came across. Somewhere out there must be at least few people who would know about it and ATS seems like a very good start for a mystery hunt.
I already started to form the topic in my head, but turns out I must have at least 20 posts before posting any real topic of my own. Fair enough.

I probably won't reaveal much about myself here, I like to stay in shadows
And I don't think it'd be needed for anything actually. But I believe I can bring forth some interesting aspects to ATS community.
Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

nerdrage
Hi there,
I've been visiting ATS forums for several years now, but I never had any reason to join myself.
Today when I stumbled upon a topic where ATS community helps with solving a mystery, I realized there's this story I read years ago that still bugs the hell out of me as I can't find any mentions of it anywhere anymore. Yet it's one of the most intriguing and weird stories I've ever came across. Somewhere out there must be at least few people who would know about it and ATS seems like a very good start for a mystery hunt.
I already started to form the topic in my head, but turns out I must have at least 20 posts before posting any real topic of my own. Fair enough.

I probably won't reaveal much about myself here, I like to stay in shadows
And I don't think it'd be needed for anything actually. But I believe I can bring forth some interesting aspects to ATS community.
Cheers

Glad to see you join

I think if you try and divulge a bit of yourself, it does help distinguish not only yourself, but your ideas and contributions to this forum.

I'm not going to try to preach. I am rather open about myself, but, there are some places I simply am not going to go. So I can relate. But, there is much to gain through sharing even a smidgen.

Glad you're here!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Yeah. Actually I just wrote that first part and wanted to post it as it is and then I looked at it again and thought "that's not really an introduction", so I included that second paragraph to kinda justify it, haha.
I'm ready to provide info that will be necessary in my future posts and / or if someone will ask about me, I'll reply - no problem. I just feel like people reveal too much about themselves in today's world of social networks. It's way too easy to get personal information about most people just with google. It's kind of scary, silly, but mostly unnecessary, so I'm generally having a bit different approach, it's not just ATS

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

nerdrage

Yeah. Actually I just wrote that first part and wanted to post it as it is and then I looked at it again and thought "that's not really an introduction", so I included that second paragraph to kinda justify it, haha.
I'm ready to provide info that will be necessary in my future posts and / or if someone will ask about me, I'll reply - no problem. I just feel like people reveal too much about themselves in today's world of social networks. It's way too easy to get personal information about most people just with google. It's kind of scary, silly, but mostly unnecessary, so I'm generally having a bit different approach, it's not just ATS

I hear you brother (assuming you're male, probably making an ass of myself

I myself work in the IT field, am a programmer, and work particularly with Databases. Believe you me, I know how data can be connected. It is scary, and something most people have absolutely no cue about. Yet I deal with it every single day.

I've acknowledged a few truths about myself. Where I've lived in the past. Where I live today. The fact that I am married and have children. The fact that I am divorced and have children who live in other countries away from me. I even posted a smidgen of contact info about me once.

Why?

Because I know the footprint that I have already left. I occasionally google myself as well as my given name to see if somehow overnight I've become as famous as twerking and miley cyrus. I also know full well that anyone with the wherewithall to follow through can and WILL find out who I am. That is simply the society we live in today. I frakking hate it with every fiber of my being, but it is the truth.

I am not admonishing you for being private. There is much to be said for this. Rather, I hope you realize as I did, that to make connections in this world, you sometimes have to put yourself at risk to do so. I was blatant with many facts about myself with my personal introductory post. I made the conscious decision to do so in advance. As a result, I've made a few friends. Some in person, in this short time. I value this.

Welcome, my friend

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdrage

hello and welcome to the site.i look forward to your thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Greetings,

For those who desire a decidely more international flavour to that...

Alnôbaôdwawôgan/Abenaki People:Kwai
Australian: Hello,Gi'day, Buon giorno, Kalimera, Gello, Hi or Yo
AustralianAborigine: Vaturak
Arabic: Al salaam a'alaykum
Albanian: Tung
Armenian: Parev
Ashley : Guachumana
Bosnian: zdravo
Botswana: Dumella rah
Bulgarian: Dobur Den or Zdrasti( more informal)
Cantonese: So san, lei ho
Cambodian: khmer,or khmai.( jum-reap suor)
Cherokee: Oh-see-YOH
Chinese: Ni hao
Choctaw: Halito ( hah-leh-TOH)
Croatia: Bog (hello) Dobar dan (good day)
Czeck: Nazdar
Danish Hej
Dutch: Hallo
Finnish: hei, heippa or "moi"
Esperanto: Saluton
Estonian: Tere
Ethiopian/ Amharic Tena Yistilign
Fijian:Bula Bula
French: Bonjour
German: Guten Tag
German (NORTH): Moin Moin, or NA
German (South): Gruss Gott (Greet God) Gruss dich, Grüezi (Greet You)
Gibberish: (see Jibberish)
Greek: Kalimera, Yasas
Hawaiian: Aloha
Hassa: (Niger, West Africa) Sannu
Hebrew: Shalom
Hoppy (kids language similar pig latin): hoppy e loppy loppy oppy English: Hello
Hindi: Namasthe
Hungarian: Szia
Indonesian: Selamat pagi
Italian: Buon giorno , or ciao!
Irish Dia Dhuit (literally means God be with you)
Japanese: Konnichiwa
Jibberish: Gello
Jitteritigiberigidish: Hidegelidigo ((hi-di-gel-idi-go))
Korean: Annyong ha simnikka or ANYO
Latvian: Labdien
L'nuwísim: Míkmaq people Kwé
Malagasy: (from Madagascar) Salama tompko
Malayam: Vanakkam
Maltiseconhamyak
Marathi Namaskar
Mayan: Ba'ax ka wa'alik
Maori (from New Zealand): Kia ora
Mohawk: Sekoh
Navaho: Yá'át'ééh
Nepali: Namasute
New Zealand: (Maori): Kia Ora
Norwegian God dag (like Swedish) or Hei
Pakistani/
Papiamentu (Netherlands Antilles): Halo
Urdu: Assalam-o-alaikum,Adaab,Tasleemat
Pushtu: Senga Yai
Sindhi: Kehro haal aahei
Balti: Yang chi halyo?
Pacific Islands:
Marshall Islands - Yokway
Palau - Ali
Chuuk - Ranalim
Pohnpei - Kasaleliah (Kasa-lay-le-yah)
Guam (Chamoru) - Hafa Adai (Hof-a-day)
Persian: salam
Pig Latin: Ellohay (see the pig latin converter)
Polish: Czesc (tcheshtch) or Dziendobry (jindobrerh-good day)
Portuguese: Bom dia,
Portugese (Brazillian)OLÁ
Punjabi : Sat Sri Akal
Romanian: Buna ziua
Russian: Zdravstvuite, Preevyet
Serbo-Croatian: Dobar dan
Sioux Indian: dakota (means hi friend)
Slovak: Ahoj
Slovenian: Zivjo (hello), Dober dan (good day)
Spanish: Hola, Buenos dias,
Swahili: Jambo
Swedish: God dag
Swiss-German: Hoi
Taiwanese: li ho bo
Tamil: Vanakkam
Tagalog (Filipino): Magandang tanghali , Kamusta, Como estaka
Telugu: Namaskaram
Thai (from boy) sa-wa DEE Krab
Thai (from Girl) sa-wa DEE kah
Tibetan: Tashi Delek
Turkish: Merhaba
Ubi Dubi: hubelubo
Welsh: Bore da
Zarma- (Niger, West Africa) Fofo

Welcome and kick your feet up...someone will be by to take your order shortly.

-Amitaba-
edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Damned Emotes

edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Correction

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

SadistNocturne

nerdrage

I hear you brother (assuming you're male, probably making an ass of myself

I myself work in the IT field, am a programmer, and work particularly with Databases. Believe you me, I know how data can be connected. It is scary, and something most people have absolutely no cue about. Yet I deal with it every single day.

I've acknowledged a few truths about myself. Where I've lived in the past. Where I live today. The fact that I am married and have children. The fact that I am divorced and have children who live in other countries away from me. I even posted a smidgen of contact info about me once.

Why?

Because I know the footprint that I have already left. I occasionally google myself as well as my given name to see if somehow overnight I've become as famous as twerking and miley cyrus. I also know full well that anyone with the wherewithall to follow through can and WILL find out who I am. That is simply the society we live in today. I frakking hate it with every fiber of my being, but it is the truth.

I am not admonishing you for being private. There is much to be said for this. Rather, I hope you realize as I did, that to make connections in this world, you sometimes have to put yourself at risk to do so. I was blatant with many facts about myself with my personal introductory post. I made the conscious decision to do so in advance. As a result, I've made a few friends. Some in person, in this short time. I value this.

Welcome, my friend

Yes, I'm male, no worries, haha. And I hear you too. Both of our approaches have their advantages and disadvantages. I'll have to say a bit about myself in the topic I'm planning to make for it to make sense. In the end, I really have nothing to hide and I don't take my internet privacy too radically. I just didn't feel like to spit it all out at once since I'm just getting used to everything around here from member's point of view, haha.

In any case, thanks for warm welcome! That goes to everyone else as well! Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Welcome and Good Day Sir!

Enjoy your stay and have a nice Day!

Spy's are everywhere, there's one at 7-11 Now!

Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi,
Welcome aboard! Twenty posts will fly by quick. Then we can hear this good story you have!

new topics

top topics

join