It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
reply to post by Artlogic
Nonsense - his comments didn't come off a 'facetious' at all. In fact, he further confounded the issue by going on to describe his remarks as "factious" I suppose because he is not very familiar - either with the English language itself - or at the very least - with certain fundamental aspects of the language arts. If he is being misunderstood then he should take care to correct himself CORRECTLY, which of course, he did not.
Its not incumbent upon on the 'reader' to "read the mind" of the one posting - who should be clear and precise - Why? This is a remote medium and we do not have access to the ordinary language cues that we would normally have at our disposal were we in the same room together.
But thank you for the clarification anyhow - now I understand a little better something that - on the face of it - looked as though it had been written out of the Cass Sunstein playbook or the like.
As I said - its up to him to be clear. Discussion ends. Thank you.
So - My apologies for any misunderstanding here on this end..........
PS - please realize as well that there are many out there - and some in here even - that actually believe the 'sarcasm' as posted by crankyoldman as being "tried and true." In other words, they really think that's what happening and that we are either 'conspiracy nut at best - or traitors at worst for refuting such things as that which is under discussion now.edit on 13-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)
A former CIA officer says the secret US court that governs surveillance activities has taken a “bad step” by ruling that the National Security Agency can continue its secret collection of phone records of all American citizens.
“Obviously this is a bad step because Congress has been talking about restricting what the NSA can actually do and now we have the courts going ahead and sending the opposite signal that it’s alright for the NSA to continue to do what it’s doing,” Philip Giraldi told Press TV on Saturday.
“The problem is here that the court in this case, the FISA court, and the NSA are working together to collect information that in three months time, depending on Congress getting its act together, might be illegal,” Giraldi said.
A spokesman for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper publicly announced the court’s ruling on Friday.
"DNI Clapper has decided to declassify and disclose publicly that the government filed an application with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court seeking renewal of the authority to collect telephony metadata in bulk, and that the court renewed that authority," Clapper's spokesman Shawn Turner said.
The ruling authorizes the surveillance program for only limited periods of time and the government has to submit new requests for re-authorization every several months.
According to the ruling, the NSA can collect records, including phone numbers, call times and call durations, on all phone calls made in the US.
The secret court’s decision comes as several revelations made so far by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden show how the US spy agency is conducting various controversial surveillance programs.
The espionage charges against Edward Snowden for informing the American people and the world that the NSA has been conducting the most massive spying operation in history are completely baseless and absurd.
Snowden is not revealing information that places the national security of the nation at stake but information revealing the NSA has instead been tracking enemies of the national security state.
Those who seem to be the real targets of this surveillance program include veterans, Constitutionalists, NRA members, 9/11 Truthers, Ron Paul supporters, and any one else who might have both the courage, the integrity and the ability to resist the imposition of a new military police state under DHS. The latest figures about the “Main Core” list of political dissidents stands at around 8,000,000 today.
No domestic terrorist threat
We know from a report released by a subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Intelligence on 3 October 2012 that, after surveying 680 “fusion center” reports gathered from 2009-2010, it had discovered that there were no indications of any terrorist activity: NONE. ZILCH. NADA. NOT ONE! Yet this astounding data has yet to be broadcast or published by ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN.
This sample, which was obtained under conditions that insured if any domestic terrorist activity had been taking place it would have been revealed, supports the statistical extrapolation that domestic terrorist activity in the United States is virtually non-existent.
It also explains why DHS and the FBI have had to fabricate phony events such as those at Sandy Hook and the Boston bombing, which were staged.
reply to post by Artlogic
This is great news. It's been in the works for awhile now. Mainly because it is clogging databases and making intelligence gathering ineffective (for those of you who think it is just for us). I think it will pass because there has been a lot of research done on it to show how it harms their efficacy. In the meanwhile, we get some rights back so that is a plus.
It is definitely a step in the right direction, though I feel very few ( justifiably so ) will trust them to step back even with legislation in place that demands it. Truly sad state of affairs....Id also add that Britain and several other countries involved would need to pull there hands out of the cookie jar too for anyone to take them seriously.
Trust is earned never given, they have a metaphorical mountain to climb in that respect.
Snowden for prez?
reply to post by YodHeVauHe
5. I don't see any possibility of the globalist oligarchy giving up power before Armageddon . . . when it will be wrested from their cold dead hands . . . if even their hands are left.