It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC President Wants Investigation of FOX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sour grapes. Megan Kelly had an audience three times better than Rachel Maddow. MSNBC just can't accept that fact. So MSNBC wants an investigation into the ratings. My response ... look at the crap Maddow puts out and then look at the professionalism of Megan Kelly. THAT is why Kellys show does so much better. No mystery.

Hollywood Reporter - MSNBC President Wants Investigation of Fox

Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC, says there's something fishy about Tuesday's ratings for the Fox News Channel, which were up significantly from a day earlier when Fox News debuted its new schedule. And he wants an investigation. ...

At 9 p.m. on Monday, MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show beat Fox News' new The Kelly File, hosted by Megyn Kelly, by a slim 10,000 viewers in the key demo.

By Tuesday, though, Fox News was back to its dominant self, with 573,000 in the key demo compared with 261,000 for MSNBC between the hours of 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

Perhaps most dramatically, Kelly's narrow loss to Rachel Maddow from a night earlier was significantly reversed, with Kelly drawing an audience of 623,000 in the key demo compared with Maddow's 291,000.
Nielsen has not yet responded to Griffin's remarks.

On Wednesday, Kelly beat Maddow 384,000 to 299,000 in the key demo, with CNN's Piers Morgan Live at 117,000. And on Thursday, Kelly beat Maddow 376,000 to 288,000, with Morgan at 157,000.

I don't think Nielsen has ever been bought off to inflate demographics, has it?
I don't remember it ever happening. And why would they? I'm not seeing it.
Love it or hate it ... FOX ratings beat MSNBC. That's just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Have you ever watched MSNBC?

It's nothing but liberal self gratification ads. I can't stand it for more than a few seconds. And I'm technically a liberal...

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In other news, The Crips have demanded a review of the ethical business practices of The Bloods.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Jefferton
Have you ever watched MSNBC?

Once in a great while I'll turn in to Joe in the Morning, just so I can heckle that twit Mika.
I tried to watch Rachael Maddow once. I made it through about two minutes before I
thought I was going to blow chunks. I had to change the channel. I swear that all those
people do is whine about FOX and pander to minorities. MSNBC is devoid of any intelligent life.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
And people wonder why our country is BROKEN. Good grief, we have so many bigger issues to discuss than this.

Embarrassing and pathetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
In other news, The Crips have demanded a review of the ethical business practices of The Bloods.

That was excellent. MSNBC is beyond far left. They are ridiculous. And Fox is anything but 'fair and balanced'. But I have to say that Rachael Maddow isn't even fit to carry the bags of Megan Kelly. MSNBC is sour grapes in this instance.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

BugOut
And people wonder why our country is BROKEN. Good grief, we have so many bigger issues to discuss than this. Embarrassing and pathetic.

Ahhh .. an MSNBC fan?
This is a discussion site and we can discuss anything we want to. AND this isn't MSNBC so we are all capable of discussing more than one thing at a time. Bu-bye.

edit on 10/12/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

When the ratings are consistently bad for MSNBC and everything you try to better them fails the next step is wild accusations of cheating, the old child adage "well if I'm a liar, your a bigger one".

Its hard for progressive's to believe that people from all walks of life, left and right are fed up with hate and ridiculing vitriol that MSNBC puts out.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I like MSNBC for the prison shows they run while not running their news programs. Those are interesting to watch.

I've seen Maddow a few times though and Megan Kelly much more. If I want to hear ranting, raving and lunacy from the far left...Maddow or Mr Leg Tingle are the ticket. If I want to hear bimbo babble, Megan is the ticket. (She screwed up basic things in straight forward stories, on air and never saying so much as oops too many times to ever respect her or her reports, from my personal take).

One isn't better...but people find babble entertaining while ranting and raving is a very limited audience for returns, IMO. Get entertaining about their partisanship junk and MSNBC might get better ratings. Wasn't Savage on there for awhile? Now HE was entertaining.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Definitely NOT an MSNBC fan. I was trying to imply that news groups have bigger stories to cover right now than ratings squabbles. I find "mainstream" media sticks to their corporate agenda which is depressing and always one sided. Mainstream media is about as helpful as Washington is.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The only show at MSNBC that was worth watching was Dan Abrahms. He isn't on like that anymore.

For those interested -
Rachel Maddow Wiki
Megan Kelly Wiki

Maddow grates on the nerves.
Kelly has a much more pleasant approach.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I used to enjoy Keith Olbermann's commentary until I realized he didn't really care if Democrats were a threat to freedom too.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sour grapes. Megan Kelly had an audience three times better than Rachel Maddow. MSNBC just can't accept that fact. So MSNBC wants an investigation into the ratings. My response ... look at the crap Maddow puts out and then look at the professionalism of Megan Kelly. THAT is why Kellys show does so much better. No mystery.

exactly, watching that angry young man er... i mean young women rachel madcow, i can hardly get past all the sarcastic nonsense she spews, which most of the time is her own opinion, and not news, i could go on more about where she get it from but then i would be labelled for speaking the truth.

kelly carries herself with much more dignity than madcow, and sticks to the story more, she's hardly, if ever is sarcastic and can make her points with out resorting to name calling and sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Maddow and Randi Rhodes are about the same. They need to be taken in very small doses, and only on rare occasion to prevent overdose and serious illness.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BugOut

True that!!..P msnbc, as Rush calls it, is crap...Liberals can complain all they want. From Chris Mathews masturbating to obama pictures to madcow and her opinions....they can all take a hike

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I like Maddow. She is clearly biased, but she does tackle some really good topics and it seems that she is much more factual than Kelly.

Kelly is just eye candy for middle-aged white males that watch the news because there is no football game on and they are too overweight to do kegstands anymore.
edit on 12-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
I like Maddow. She is clearly biased, but she does tackle some really good topics and it seems that she is much more factual than Kelly.

Kelly is just eye candy for middle-aged white males that watch the news because there is no football game on and they are too overweight to do kegstands anymore.
edit on 12-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

LMFAO... Admittedly, It's been quite some time since I've done a Keg Stand.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

this is pretty typical too...he says "you guys should investigate.." seriously but in linked article the "explanation" is subtle.

Griffin's assertion that Fox News did "election night" numbers on Tuesday may have been hyperbole, considering on Tuesday Fox News had 2.65 million in primetime and 573,000 in the key demo, while on the night of the presidential election Fox News had 7.5 million viewers with 3 million from the key demo, according the Nielsen.

text size was me..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

nomickeyshere
reply to post by BugOut

True that!!..P msnbc, as Rush calls it, is crap...Liberals can complain all they want. From Chris Mathews masturbating to obama pictures to madcow and her opinions....they can all take a hike

Rush Limbaugh isn't even in the same league as Fox News and MSNBC. While both Fox News and MSNBC tend to be highly biased and twist stories to their benefit, they actually include some reality based facts. Rush simply makes up crap as he goes along.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

just so I can heckle that twit Mika.

Is there anyone who likes Mika?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join