It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creeping Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If I told you about my friend Joe, who developed cancer and has 6 months to live, you would most likely feel sorry for the man. You would think about how scary it would be to know you are going to die at a certain time and all the things that accompany such a worry. The friends and family he might leave behind, the hobbies and interests he never gets to pursue and the positive experiences he is to miss out on. Essentially, you would feel compassion for him and a little more grateful that you are not in his position. After all, your life circumstances could not be further from his, could they?

The circumstances might be different, but the end fate is the same. One of the few things we all have in common is that while we were all given life, life will be taken from us at some stage. From the young to the old, from those of us in our adolescence to those in the mature years of our lives, something we all have in common is that some day we will die. Whether you believe the definition of death is clear or not, your physical incarnation as this exact person at this exact time will cease to be forever.

Let that sink in.

You are currently not only living, you are also dying. Whether it be because you are coming closer to a tragic event that takes away your life, or your body and mind have deteriorated to a point where you are headed for a "natural" death, your mortality is becoming a more favourable probability. Not to mention the many risks we take daily - driving, shopping at the mall, lighting the fire at home and so forth. Our lives are but a flame of a candle in the wind that is to be extinguished when it gets too strong.

Is this cause for despair or celebration? That is up to you to decide. It's a lot like deciding if the glass is half empty or half full - it's dependent on your own perception. Nevertheless, accepting our mortality does not only involve facing how things will end, but also it involves coming to terms with how things proceeded during our lives. If you leave a lot of unfinished business during your life, chances are you will be dealing with these untied ends in any after life (if you believe in such things) - or those that were close to you in life will need to deal with them.

What is the point I am attempting to make? Know that death is creeping up on you, no matter how rapidly or slowly, and your time to experience things as they are now is precious indeed. You will never be here again at this exact moment in time, surrounded by the same exact people, experiencing the same life circumstances. Appreciate what you have and the trials and tribulations you have overcome to get here.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Very true man, very true. It's important to seize the day and make the present the most precious time. What we leave behind is what makes our mark on this world.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Killed by a great white or a meteorite there aint a way to go thats fun.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You sound like a total fear monger...

Nooo you're wrong, people will live forever. Every person born will live forever. You or anyone else will never cease to exist. You'll always be alive, concious and aware. The only thing is we're here for a short time, then we'll go the next life. This life is short, the next is not. So it's good to prepare and get to know you're maker so that you'll get into heaven after this life is over. But no, you are an eternal spirit. So you don't have to fear death at all. The bible says: To live is christ and to die is gain. It's nothing to fear at all. Just get ready for it though and get to know God like asap. The other thing is when you're on earth, you're not dying. No that's dumb. Again you cannot die. Therefor you're "not dying". If anything you might say you're "transforming" but you're not dying. You can never die.

Most people don't realize that. Think about it....you will never die. Again you will never die. You're never gonna die. You're an eternal being. You cannot die, you're gonna live forever!

edit on 12-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When I was a teenager the idea of death was terrifying, but now the idea of absolute oblivion is the most comforting thought I have. This place is a nightmare and the human condition is a bad joke.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Firstly, wishing Joe comfort for this last part of his life upon the earth.

Death! The great frontier! I must say I think about it a lot and I keep it close by. I find it better to know and confront this issue and always have it present. It is certainly something we should all discuss. After all, it is one of the two most natural experiences we have, the other being born.

I can not make sense of this odd existence any way. I do not have a comfortable ride. I have to suffer a lot of anguish all the time as I am bi polar. Sometimes I sleep more than I am awake, preferring not to be conscious as it is too much worry (sad fact).

I don't have much support from family or friends, live alone and pretty isolated. On top of that is constant fear that I will lose my home as I can hardly afford to eat properly these days.

Have not managed to achieve those things that would bring me happiness. May be that's my fault or may be the fault of a cold, cruel and greedy world? I do not really know.

Life is cold comfort from where I'm surveying. The only thing that makes me happy is making music. That's the best fun. I will miss that.

At worst when we die it will only be an uncomfortable few seconds and then we pass to oblivion where there is no pain and no consciousness. Was it so bad remembering before we were born? The truth is that we have no consciousness or memory of it. It is not a painful or uncomfortable state, lol.

At best we will live on after those few seconds of leaving the body. Well that's mighty "GOOD NEWS" just as Jesus spoke. I don't know how I will account for myself if that is the case. I am like the servant who got given the money and buried it. Hmmm, that worries me yet in this world I just can not seem to do any better than that. There is always a lack of opportunity to do anything or help anyone. Being so isolated I can not interact with others and do not get a chance to express myself socially. I would like to. Indeed I really want to. Anyone who asks my help gets it. I just feel really bad that I cannot "produce more fruit". The world has become such that it is getting difficult to express oneself in any way, particularly in a Christian way.

When death comes it is beyond our ability to swerve that order from nature and creation that it is time to leave. Just as we did not have any say in becoming an entity and a person we have no say in how and when we leave (except for suicides that is).

Beyond the veil! Yes we must all travel through. Sweet oblivion or hopefully, a continuation of consciousness in another dimension. I am hoping it is the latter, but only faith and longing in all truth are what I have to cling to that this is the case.

Happy travelling fellow souls in this creation!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

CallYourBluff
When I was a teenager the idea of death was terrifying, but now the idea of absolute oblivion is the most comforting thought I have. This place is a nightmare and the human condition is a bad joke.

I wish I could disagree with you, but I am feeling the exact same blues.

Wish you well and stay strong through this crazy existence!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

CallYourBluff

Yes that is the weird thing is it not. That life as it is now on earth seems so tainted/more like a prison than the incredible joy it is supposed to be. Sometimes I wish death really was the final it and there was nothing else. Begin repeated as human forever as humanity is right now, is an awful fate for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Tens of thousands of people have died and made their way back from beyond the veil. Their stories should give comfort to those who fear death. The common theme with their experience is that death is like waking up from a dream, into a state of hyper reality. You are completely enveloped with a feeling of love and euphoria. Don't be afraid to die, and don't be afraid to live!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I look forward to the physical being dead so my spirit will be free of it.
Death? ... no big deal. The process of dying? ... that's pretty sucky.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Here is a site I like to read every so often. Everyday people from around the world post their
near death experiences. Some are very interesting.

Near Death Experience Site

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I was just musing on this thread, listening to some dub reggae I have made and this came to mind:

Everywhere is a place!

We speak of "nowhere", yet nowhere is a place. Oblivion has a name; it is a place.

Perhaps really in this creation, in all dimensions, there has to be a somewhere?

I am not one who deals only in material physics. I do think in terms of quantum theory.

One interesting possibility is that somehow in our biological formation as individuals, at some point, a soul is projected into that being. I would use the metaphor of like our carriage (fleshly body) is ignited with a kind of soul that is like electricity and pulses through our bodies expressed in this physical dimension as long as this entropic body can function. Spirit may exist, functioning in this physical dimension, yet its "source" may be coming from another dimension.

There is also the observation that once something exists it must exist for all time in some capacity. Materially, at least in part and may be in whole, what we are made of in atoms and molecules has always been. The "animation" part is what grabs me. What is that for want of a better word "SPIRIT" that animates us as conscious and sentient beings?

Certainly eternity exists in time and space. We just have to look up into the sky at night and we are looking at eternity here and now. It is there, right before us. That blackness never ends. How mysterious is that? So already we have eternity present here and now in time and space.

Coupled with that is the presence in some atomic and molecular form our fleshly bodies. Even the dust that our bodies decay to is an on going physical presence. Even if the world set on fire and everything went to cinders, every molecule would have only transformed and not disappeared.

So if that is the nature of time and space, atoms and molecules then why would it be so different that the "animation" part follows this law of eternity and must continue through transformation?

edit on 12-10-2013 by Revolution9 because: more words!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes, It makes no difference whether you believe in heaven or hell, or reincarnation, or if you think that there is absolute nothingness when you die. This body, that we presently inhabit, is going to get ill and die, sooner or later.
The things that drive most of human motivation, greed, power, lust, survival, the primary human instincts, and I will dare to say that even love, and the need for intimate relationships. I think what lies beneath all these is the fear of death. Survival being the most obvious.
One thing is for sure, If we knew we were immortal this would be a whole different world and society.
Would we make the same choices? Or react the same way to certain situations? No.

I personally believe in reincarnation due to some experiences I've had. That we'll have plenty of time to right the wrongs we think we make in this life.
Of course sometimes I can't shake the feeling that I should be doing something entirely different, 'making the most of it'.
But life throws some nasty jokes and surprises along the way, or external factors and situations arise that block us from achieving what we want.
So should we be feeling guilty that we don't have the chance or sometimes even the will to do what we would really like to be doing? (I don't know the answer, just throwing it out there)
By the way, I do agree with the fact that we should be grateful for all the good moments that we share, and to appreciate what we have!

Wishing your friend a peaceful remaining life.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

edit on 12/10/13 by athousandlives because: double post

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anyone who wishes death needs to get out more. If one wasn't watching TV constantly, watching the computer constantly, reading the newspaper constantly, they wouldn't be subjecting themselves to the ills of the world. These conduits of information enjoy showing the worst of mankind, more so than the good. The amount of evil in the world has never changed, it's just that people are, with greater and greater ease, able to see more of it, with this information always at our fingertips. Might you ever choose to stop seeking it, and step away from the screens and boxes that show the horrible things man is capable of, one will find that beauty again.

Before you resign from life and choose death, give yourself one last chance to experience something that will provide only good memories. Leave the house, the city, the country if need be. But we owe it to ourselves to seek some good for once, and to experience it before we die.

Great OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Barring really traumatic events, the creeping death, to me its the opposite. Here is death, this is bad dream we're having and as we age, or wisen up hopefully, go within and contemplate life and its meaning, if we truly touch base with our spirit soul, begin to awaken, its more akin to your spirit leaping within you and shaking free, striving to reach true life, to wake from the dream. Its the opposite.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When I think of creeping death this is what always comes to mind...

Strange I know...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

aaah, the Jason era
miss them days

on death, though, it is the creeping part that scares me. If it's quick it's easy, if not it's dis-ease for you and your family, medical bills, old age homes and what-not.

One poster mentioned meteors, if I could choose, that would be it

by the way, when someone says creeping death, what should one think of besides Metallica? \m/

new topics

top topics

join