The Voynich Manuscript Solved!

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I usually don't pat myself on the back but I came across the Voynich Manuscript in the Debate forum and it reminded me of something, where I came across this manuscript a while ago, I realized something.

The first thing I noticed as that the letters had an orientation which was from the right to the left, and the words were all constructed as if they were a Semitic language (3 consonants, with or without prefix and suffix). What struck me even more was how many of the symbols looked to be Arabic. Sure enough, curiosity leading to discovery, I searched for "Voynich Manuscript Arabic" and someone else has already been on the case! As is so often the case. Pardon the pun.

voynich2arabic.wordpress.com...

And I am thoroughly convinced they have cracked the code...the manuscript as it turns out is an Arabic and the text having nothing to do with the plants in it directly is a treatise on Sufism. More or less.

Check out their work!
edit on 12-10-2013 by FreeMason because: Better title

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

The plants are so interesting, almost like a person was making a Fantasy Dictionary.

The way the women all had names and were pictured bathing in the plumbing system.

It even has some fractal and cosmological art.

I got a strong Nordic or Viking feel from the Document, so Arabic or Aramaic lineage, and maybe plants were sketches of East Asian Jungle vegetation.

Idk, its a strange book...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

The plants are so interesting, almost like a person was making a Fantasy Dictionary.

The way the women all had names and were pictured bathing in the plumbing system.

It even has some fractal and cosmological art.

I got a strong Nordic or Viking feel from the Document, so Arabic or Aramaic lineage, and maybe plants were sketches of East Asian Jungle vegetation.

Idk, its a strange book...

I'm not sure, I heard the plants were no known plants? But for some reason I remember the plants being from Spain?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Spain? Like in stain glass or sculpture plant carvings?

The Vikings had travels and trade into East Asia based on artifacts found. Maybe a mix or Old Nord, Druid Saxon mixed with Aramaic...

A scholar who wrote with this style about the Goat Heidrun that supplies the Milk for the hall of Valhalla:

rationalwiki.org/w/images/2/20/Hei%C3%B0r%C3%BAn.jpg
rationalwiki.org...

and

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Manuscript_Heidrun.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org...

Might have adapted Aramaic sandscripts to the Nordic Calligraphy style.

There is a different feel to calligraphy styles across the world.
edit on 12-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: tweaks and fixes.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Misleading title - (even using an exclamation point for false emphasis) !!!..........Its false,therefore misleading, because nothing has been solved regarding the mystery that is the Voynich Manuscript .

The bathing women are reminiscent of alchemical drawings seen especially in the writings on the subject by CJ Jung, famous for his work in the field of alchemical studies, which has led me to suspect that the book is an alchemical treatise - in code - as were so many other secret works of this genre.
edit on 12-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

S&F!

If this method proves to garner true fruits, I will research the Voynich Manuscript with eyes that see!

Just imagining the potentials of this deciphering method (Arabic key) in collaboration with the illustrations,..... beyond just the Sufis,... there are/were several highly secretive Islamic esoteric schools of Islamic thought at that time,... with profound links to metaphysics, psychology, alchemy, enlightenment,... and even knowledge passed on from the mystery schools of Greco-Rome, Chaldea, Babylonia, Akkadia, Sumeria, Egypt, the Levant, Germania, India, and Eastern Asia.

With such potential links as theorized in the op,.... it may be possible that the Voynich Manuscript is a metaphysical/spiritual guidebook, not equalled since the 'Tao Te Ching' or the 'Corpus Hermetica'.

Very exciting if Arabic does indeed prove to be the deciphering key!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

There are/were several Islamically veiled societies with true roots of alchemy, metaphysics, psychology, science, esoterica, and mystery schools. They are more similar to Alchemists and Hermeticists of Europe,... to the Priesthood of the Near and Mid East,... to the enlightened ones of Inida and Asia,.... rather than falling in line with traditional Islam.

Therefore, an Arabic deciphering key may very well prove to be a metaphysical book from one of these esoteric Islamic societies.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This site Voynich MS says that the left to right and top to bottom orientation of the script is obvious.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

How long have you been researching VMS? Sorry if I'm sceptical but every second year there is a new claimant to have cracked the code and most of the time they know very little about the book.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

YodHeVauHe
Misleading title - (even using an exclamation point for false emphasis) !!!..........Its false,therefore misleading, because nothing has been solved regarding the mystery that is the Voynich Manuscript .

The bathing women are reminiscent of alchemical drawings seen especially in the writings on the subject by CJ Jung, famous for his work in the field of alchemical studies, which has led me to suspect that the book is an alchemical treatise - in code - as were so many other secret works of this genre.
edit on 12-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

You're my new favourite person on ATS! I have my theories on the women bathing, do you follow the mailing list discussion on voynich.net? Just asking because I suspect from your username that your interest in VMS might be more than casual.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

A star and a smile for that one

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Josephus
This site Voynich MS says that the left to right and top to bottom orientation of the script is obvious.

My ideas led me to there work, those ideas do not have to be compatible because my ideas were at a glance and cursory.

I think their work has seemed thorough, what do you say about them?

new topics
top topics

join