It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magical Egypt and how the Pyramids were built.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
youtu.be...

This documentary is entirely on YouTube and any Egypt aficionado must add it to their repertoire. It discusses the ancient origins of Egypt from the Pre-dynastic period, and then discusses all manners of interesting things such as how the Egyptians oriented their temples, why, and how the temples represent the human body etc.

youtu.be...

And

youtu.be...

The Pyramids are now thought convincingly by some to have been built inside out, a must watch these videos make the argument. I'd be interested in seeing the discussions that arise from all of this. I am fascinated by Egypt and someday would like to be well enough versed to mundanely discuss the various Kings of Egypt and their accomplishments or detriments.

I'd like to comment that from my understanding, the Old Kingdom Egypt really believed that the King could achieve immortality and ascend into the heavens where there are no stars near the north pole, but somewhere a more democratic spirituality formed and Egyptians were taught that a number of rituals needed to be performed to gain entrance to the afterlife, which finally evolved into the most democratic of all, where each individual Egyptian must be spiritually prepared to navigate the afterlife to ever lasting life.

This transition from autocratic only the King lives forever, to democratic, everyone can live for ever is definitely interesting to me.
edit on 12-10-2013 by FreeMason because: Added some thoughts

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
years ago after reading an Egyptian cosmology book I remember thinking our bible sound like a very watered down version of what the Egyptian's believed.....I specifically remember reading(and of course this was the authors theory) that in the physical life they would learn how to negotiate the afterlife with various spells and understanding...interesting stuff although admittedly way over my head of understanding....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
years ago after reading an Egyptian cosmology book I remember thinking our bible sound like a very watered down version of what the Egyptian's believed.....I specifically remember reading(and of course this was the authors theory) that in the physical life they would learn how to negotiate the afterlife with various spells and understanding...interesting stuff although admittedly way over my head of understanding....

I used to think so, I started looking into Egyptian religions more because of that, and found that there really isn't a lot of similarity.

But what I did find a lot of similarity with is Mushrooms, psychedelics and the mystery religions of Egypt.

There are a lot of books out there about ancient religions and psychedelics, and the cults and their practices seem to help a person navigate those experiences which they thought were views of the afterlife...

The book "Apples of Apollo" is very thorough about this.

I think the Egyptian spells and etc. to navigate the afterlife were influenced by their trips. Just a thought

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

I don't know why you called it Magical Egypt, the world is magic now, alot of it is just considered normal:p

It is interesting though, I wouldn't get my information from YouTube but the simple cosmological alignment and the electrical power leads me to acknowledge the knowledge required to build the pyramids were given by the Elohiym

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

It is interesting though, I wouldn't get my information from YouTube but the simple cosmological alignment and the electrical power leads me to acknowledge the knowledge required to build the pyramids were given by the Elohiym

Only if these Elohiym were human though. Aliens can't really be backed up by any good argument, or evidence for that matter.
There is evidence for older, (maybe even more advanced) populations. This makes any interfering or knowledge being passed on, beyond what the people of that time had, way more likely to be of human origin.

Even if it seems unimaginable... Occam's Razor shows that aliens aren't the best explanation.

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

We were created in the image of the Elohiym

Source: Torah

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Indeed this is a great series!

John Anthony West has definitely stirred stuff up over the years. I am extremely fascinated with his and Dr. Robert Schoch's proposal about the evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx and especially evident on the walls of the enclosure itself. The walls present more water erosion than the Sphinx because it has not been 'worked' on over the years by many cultures as the good old Sphinx has. The walls in the enclosure, according to Schoch(Ph.D. in geology) display erosion patterns of water and not sand as what is believed in the mainstream. Moving the date back. Some compelling work, for sure.

edit on 10/12/2013 by mcx1942 because: fat fingers

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

I don't know why you called it Magical Egypt, the world is magic now, alot of it is just considered normal:p

Scott, you didn't watch the video did you?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

mcx1942

John Anthony West has definitely stirred stuff up over the years. I am extremely fascinated with his and Dr. Robert Schoch's proposal about the evidence of water erosion on the Sphinx and especially evident on the walls of the enclosure itself. The walls present more water erosion than the Sphinx because it has not been 'worked' on over the years by many cultures as the good old Sphinx has. The walls in the enclosure, according to Schoch(Ph.D. in geology) display erosion patterns of water and not sand as what is believed in the mainstream. Moving the date back. Some compelling work, for sure.

Why look only at one side of a scientific argument? What is the counter-argument to their claims?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ya probably wouldn't believe me if I was to tell you they were built from the top down in a matter of a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

superluminal11

Ya probably wouldn't believe me if I was to tell you they were built from the top down in a matter of a few minutes.

Actually when the AE wandered into Nile Valley they found huge square blocks of limestone sitting on the Giza plateau and cut away all the parts that didn't look like a pyramid.....

lol

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

FreeMason
youtu.be...

This documentary is entirely on YouTube and any Egypt aficionado must add it to their repertoire. It discusses the ancient origins of Egypt from the Pre-dynastic period, and then discusses all manners of interesting things such as how the Egyptians oriented their temples, why, and how the temples represent the human body etc.

youtu.be...

And

youtu.be...

The Pyramids are now thought convincingly by some to have been built inside out, a must watch these videos make the argument. I'd be interested in seeing the discussions that arise from all of this. I am fascinated by Egypt and someday would like to be well enough versed to mundanely discuss the various Kings of Egypt and their accomplishments or detriments.

I'd like to comment that from my understanding, the Old Kingdom Egypt really believed that the King could achieve immortality and ascend into the heavens where there are no stars near the north pole, but somewhere a more democratic spirituality formed and Egyptians were taught that a number of rituals needed to be performed to gain entrance to the afterlife, which finally evolved into the most democratic of all, where each individual Egyptian must be spiritually prepared to navigate the afterlife to ever lasting life.

This transition from autocratic only the King lives forever, to democratic, everyone can live for ever is definitely interesting to me.
edit on 12-10-2013 by FreeMason because: Added some thoughts

Start by saying sorry I can't give you links, limited on this device. You should Google documentaries on great pyramid. There is an Egyptian who sadly has died now, that grew up in shadows of the pyramids and played in tunnels as a boy. The video is not Hd but his theory is awesome. He states that unlike other pyramids, especially the old step ones, that the great pyramid was not a tomb. It was a huge power plant and some how obelisk may have played a role. I had read of the theories before but this was a fascinating documentary.

I believe he may have also written a book but you must forgive my problems with memory please. There is a German scientist built large model of the light bulb and proved it worked. I believe it was a power generator, there have been small models built exploring this option.

Can you imagine an oasis of power shining in the desert, heck just to see it shining in the sunlight from miles away would have been awesome. It must have been glorious.

Imagine being a slave brought there or to the Inca city and seeing advanced technology, at least to them, or even the massive stone buildings. It is no wonder they were thought to be created by the god's.

I hope, well I know, the other great users will come to my aid and have links to this man and the documentary i spoke of. Check it, I am sure you too will find it interesting.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

| understood that the •EloHim had some assistance from the •Ra Group? Both are still around today, here NOW...

namaste

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hanslune

mcx1942

Why look only at one side of a scientific argument? What is the counter-argument to their claims?

That the Sphinx is carved from a natural feature which has been exposed to water erosion over time?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD

| understood that the •EloHim had some assistance from the •Ra Group? Both are still around today, here NOW...

namaste

I haven't learned enough on the link between all the different God's that have been worshipped back to our creator but yes the Elohiym are here now and have been since Adam and Eve

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

FreeMason

That the Sphinx is carved from a natural feature which has been exposed to water erosion over time?

That is known but the previous poster looked at one part of a discussion and didn't seem to realize that their are counter-arguments/proposals to the erosion question, it is not settled. I was querying why they only looked at one side of the question. At present the erosion question remains unaccepted by consensus.

Summary of the debate

edit on 12/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I said I find it extremely interesting. It is a "theory" that I find intriguing just as all other theories, academic or not. There is obviously much to still discover about all ancient civilizations.

From Dr. Schoch's site: www.robertschoch.com...

In 1990 I first traveled to Egypt, with the sole purpose of examining the Great Sphinx from a geological perspective. I assumed that the Egyptologists were correct in their dating, but soon I discovered that the geological evidence was not compatible with what the Egyptologists were saying. On the body of the Sphinx, and on the walls of the Sphinx Enclosure (the pit or hollow remaining after the Sphinx’s body was carved from the bedrock), I found heavy erosional features (seen in the accompanying photographs) that I concluded could only have been caused by rainfall and water runoff.

The thing is, the Sphinx sits on the edge of the Sahara Desert and the region has been quite arid for the last 5000 years. Furthermore, various structures securely dated to the Old Kingdom show only erosion that was caused by wind and sand (very distinct from the water erosion). To make a long story short, I came to the conclusion that the oldest portions of the Great Sphinx, what I refer to as the core-body, must date back to an earlier period (at least 5000 B.C., and maybe as early as 7000 or 9000 B.C.), a time when the climate was very different and included more rain.

Many people have said to me that the Great Sphinx cannot be so old, in part because the head is clearly a dynastic Egyptian head and the dynastic period did not start until about 3000 B.C. In fact, if you look at the current Great Sphinx you may notice that the head is actually too small for the body. It is clear to me that the current head is not the original head. The original head would have become severely weathered and eroded. It was later re-carved, during dynastic times, and in the re-carving it naturally became smaller. Thus, the head of the Great Sphinx is not the original head. In fact, the Sphinx may not have originally been a sphinx at all. Perhaps it was a male lion.

I guess I could be wrong but Schoch does not seem like one that would just dive into flights of fancy. He has came to these conclusions with reasoning and experience. I highly recommend checking out his other visits to ancient places on his site. Some fascinating reading!

:doublethumbsup:

edit on 10/13/2013 by mcx1942 because: add image

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

mcx1942

I could be wrong but Schoch does not seem like one that would just dive into flights of fancy. He has came to these conclusions with reasoning and experience. I highly recommend checking out his other visits to ancient places on his site. Some fascinating reading!

Have you read the opposing views to his comments? There are other points of view - what I note is that people look at Schoch, read his stuff then stop, they accept what he says and that's it. They don't consider the other side, why is that?

An aside you do realize Schoch stated that Yonaguni was natural?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

As to Yonaguni, indeed he said it was natural and I agree but you're leaving out the rest of his summery.

However, if I simply state that the Yonaguni Monument is natural, I leave out part of the story. On the island is evidence of very ancient human habitation, including tombs and other structures artificially carved from the bedrock (see the accompanying photo) that I am convinced mimic, and were stylistically inspired by, the natural features of the island, including the step-like features now submerged by the ocean.

Indeed, I believe that even though the Yonaguni Monument may be primarily natural (say, over 95% natural), parts may have been "touched up" by ancient humans and the ancient inhabitants of the island may have both admired and utilized the Yonaguni Monument.

Analogously, we can consider the famous prehistoric cave paintings of Europe. The caves themselves are natural (although in a few places perhaps artificially enlarged), but the caves were utilized by ancient humans and the paintings on their walls and ceilings are clearly artificial productions by early humans. Although, disappointingly, the Yonaguni Monument is natural, the island itself attests to habitation by an early human population.
source

As to the other theories in the wiki link, haloclasty is intriguing, and it is a theory along with all the other theories. I have never said any of them are wrong or right, I just posted info relevant to this thread. I've never been the biggest fan of Zahi Hawass but I understand his statements. When you are in the profession of archeaology you have to go with the cold hard facts.

No evedence, no proof. Trust me, I understand this.

Hawass replied: "Of course it is not possible for one reason …. No single artefact, no single inscription, or pottery, or anything has been found until now, in any place to predate the Egyptian civilization more than 5,000 years ago."
source

This is what I do not shut entirely out, the possibility of an extinction level event that completely wiped out an advanced culture. Leaving only behind, the one remnant that could not be destroyed by such Earth changing catastrophes. Giant stone monuments. I do not say 100% this is what happened, it's all subjective theorizing in the long run.

I am just skeptically-open minded enough to understand that this is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities. Hey after all, we are just vibrating clumps of elements, stuck to a giant spinning rock that is hurling it's way through the cosmos. Whose to say what is really possible in the long run?

I mean, come on. Isn't that why your here at ATS anyhoo? :doublethumbsup:

edit on 10/14/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

mcx1942

As to Yonaguni, indeed he said it was natural and I agree but you're leaving out the rest of his summery.

Because it wasn't germane. However you didn't reply to my main point why do you not look at or consider the other viewpoints on erosion, why only Schochs?

Schoch and I agree on Yonaguni it may have been modified

This is what I do not shut entirely out, the possibility of an extinction level event that completely wiped out an advanced culture. Leaving only behind, the one remnant that could not be destroyed by such Earth changing catastrophes. Giant stone monuments. I do not say 100% this is what happened, it's all subjective theorizing in the long run.

We call this the super special catastrophe, it destroys everything but not stone monuments - it somehow took away stone tools, habitations levels, pottery, sediments and everything else, but left stone monuments. However for the pyramids we do have the site of the guys who built it.

Yes, I would be very happy to find a new an unknown civ. I suspect we'll find unknown cultures, that are pre-civilizations in a number of places in the world over the next fifty years

top topics

<<   2 >>

join