It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an Empath, why am I being blocked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

karmajayne

PurpleVortex
Tuning into people's emotional state doesn't what so ever involve pushing energy onto them. It's against the laws of the universe to project energy at anyone unless it's for the best interest of the other person; for example, projecting love and positive energy at the ones you care for or sending blessings and healings. Again, it's all about intention.

As your abilities get stronger over time, empathy would be a passive thing. You would just KNOW who's who and you would immediately pick up on vibes. A balance must be maintained between the heart and the mind (third eye) since the solar plexus is our information center.

Eta: I just read your post and you beat me to it
you said everything I said in my post.

edit on 11-10-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

Eta 2: Telepathy ^^^

Yes I agree, I only ever had the best intentions and wanting him to feel the positive energy I would never put negative energy on anyone ever, if you met anyone who knows me would tell you I am the most loving, kind person they know. I will go out of my way to help another person even if it puts me out, I really can't help it.

I think it just bothered me as I could not feel his emotions I had no insight to his true feeling or intentions and I am not used to this. I really wanted to help him and the only other way I could was give him as much positive energy I could.

It is gets so confusing and overwhelming at times. Sometimes I wish I had someone around who could help me more I can read as much as I can etc but having someone to talk to about it and understands would be helpful as well.

Karma =)

Please feel free to reach me when you feel like talking and sharing your thoughts, or anything I can be of help.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

PurpleVortex

karmajayne

PurpleVortex
Tuning into people's emotional state doesn't what so ever involve pushing energy onto them. It's against the laws of the universe to project energy at anyone unless it's for the best interest of the other person; for example, projecting love and positive energy at the ones you care for or sending blessings and healings. Again, it's all about intention.

As your abilities get stronger over time, empathy would be a passive thing. You would just KNOW who's who and you would immediately pick up on vibes. A balance must be maintained between the heart and the mind (third eye) since the solar plexus is our information center.

Eta: I just read your post and you beat me to it
you said everything I said in my post.

Eta 2: Telepathy ^^^

Yes I agree, I only ever had the best intentions and wanting him to feel the positive energy I would never put negative energy on anyone ever, if you met anyone who knows me would tell you I am the most loving, kind person they know. I will go out of my way to help another person even if it puts me out, I really can't help it.

I think it just bothered me as I could not feel his emotions I had no insight to his true feeling or intentions and I am not used to this. I really wanted to help him and the only other way I could was give him as much positive energy I could.

It is gets so confusing and overwhelming at times. Sometimes I wish I had someone around who could help me more I can read as much as I can etc but having someone to talk to about it and understands would be helpful as well.

Karma =)

Please feel free to reach me when you feel like talking and sharing your thoughts, or anything I can be of help.

Thank you very much I will take you up on that offer I really appreciate it and your help.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"He blocks me."
"He doesn't know I'm an empath."

???

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

karmajayne
ETA: I just thought I'd add that I don't go around reading people, I don't have to as I can already feel what they feel it just oozes off people some stronger than others. I just can't read him as I said he blocks me so I can't feel anything, but when I try nothing I can feel his walls there, only when he lets his walls down can I feel anything with him. I just found it strange as he seems to be the only person who blocks me.
edit on 11/10/13 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

Sounds like a blessing to me, someone you can just be with.

I HATE being in a room with people or a person who has so much negative energy that I feel it before I even realise it. It's like emotional noise blasting out of them, drowning out everything.

Most people are bursting with some sort of energy, or sucking it in, but rarely do I encounter someone I can just sit with and enjoy them for them, and not feel something.

I hate being in public, on public transport or in unfamiliar groups because it's almost intoxicating all the different energies and it detatches me. And feeling someone from their perspective, their reality, when I am in conversation deprives me of any true appreciation of them as external. I don't want to fix everyone. I want to help people I can help, but who are ready for help.

I've tried to be a comfort for people who've been in pain, and unless they're receptive, they're very walled off. Basiclly, it's easier for me to be alone, withdrawn and deal with things without feeling people so intimately. So a socially inept clod I am.

I've met others who ooze assumed empathy and try to find the cracks they think are there, in order to get inside 'me' and sometimes, being aware of how I am, I know it right away and it's a piss off. Get out, out damn intruder!!!

Perhaps he is also aware of others on a similar level and realises subconsciously what you are trying to do.

Stop trying to do it then... Just enjoy the passive experience. No need to do anything except be there.

Butyouy say you've rubbed tummies and all that jazz, I get the impression there is a little more in your mind than what you claim, wether you realise it or not, which is not a bad thing, unless it is something you really want and he's not reciprocating in that way, and you are confusing your inability to read him with his inability to express his feelings. "I don't like you that way... Sorry." and he may break everything/ Or "I love you forever, marry me!" and he does the same. Distancing himself is safe, keeps things as they are.

Or not.. but just know that people are not all as switched off as you assume.

I almost consider being able to feel people as a curse. I see so much pain and suffering and intolerance and apathy and evil in the world. Being dragged along with them as they experience it, has it's moments, but more often than not, it's unwanted and prevents me from dealing with things as they are, in the truth of my experience...

It might not be a super power, lmao, but it's certainly super powerful... Like a nice big blotter..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

karmajayne

He is a very reserved person and spends most of his time alone, he is not a "sharer" by any means, more of a listener, he is very much like myself I also wonder if he is an Empath. I haven't brought the topic up between us yet as he is kind of going through a very rough time at the moment and I am trying hard to help him but with him blocking me it makes it hard to understand how he is truly feeling and I feel so helpless. I can't push me energy on him like I can with other people, he opens up only sometimes we had a really good chat the other day where he opened up to me but then shut it off almost as quickly. I can feel his "walls" if that makes sense?

You want to know his feelings so you can feel safe, if you do not then you feel helpless. You feel the need to give him a label (empath?) so you can stick him in a box and that might give you the impression that you now know who he is - you will then pick a way of relating to him.
It is fear felt that causes the desire to second guess another - it is a control tactic.
Why the need to push your energy on another?

It is your sense of separation which feels isolating.

Realize that you will never know anyone, each moment will appear different - that is the beauty of life.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
From empathy to compassion.

edit on 12-10-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

JayinAR
"He blocks me."
"He doesn't know I'm an empath."

???

I know it can be tempting at times to just ridicule the stuffing out of something you haven't personally experienced beyond the level you've indicated for picking up on non-verbal cues, but Empathic 'ability' (for lack of a better word), is very real. I've been enjoying or bitching about that little addition to life for about 20 years and well before those infernal Twilight movies. (I never have watched one through...they're mockery of myth and don't even get the myth part right except for the overall war...but I digress)

You're right about it not being a 'freaking power' as a previous post put it. It's absolutely not. It's passive and should be (though it's the basis for building to things which aren't so passive).

What you're talking about though is reading people visually and that can be honed to an art. It's even properly trained as one in some professions. I think what the OP refers to and what I certainly do is getting very similar feedback from someone without having to face them or them, you. I guess, to keep it base simple, that's the no frills description.

The same thing you get visually....without having to see their face or body language to know it. Also, it's nothing more than that....at least for me. Not mind reading or even thought reading. Just a state of emotion and if it's strong enough, general intent. It's reading auras without seeing them, for another basic and simple description (Tho some claim to see them, I never have)....and I add here, this is as I've come to understand it. Others may describe it quite differently.

Just my two cents as this is a part of how I practice my Faith and wanted to mention, it's accepted as simply being a part of daily life by a great many people. Not any special psychic ability. It's useful though.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi,

I know this post was years ago, but I noticed some red flags that I think every empath should be aware of. I don't know your friend, so he might be totally nice, but given what you've said about him, there's a chance he's actually not. It's relatively common for empaths or people with high empathy to fall prey to their exact opposite- psychopaths (people with zero empathy). The things that stood out to me as typical for psychopaths in your posts were these:

-you can't detect any emotions in him- psychopaths don't experience deep emotions, they can act/go through the motions or facial expressions but don't really feel them
-he seems almost too good to be true and is the exact kind of relationship you were looking for at the time- this sounds like the typical psychopathic "Charm" or ability to see exactly what you want in a person and pretend to be that person.
-he lets you go on about your emotions and past without giving you info about his- this is a common tactic they use for learning your weaknesses in order to manipulate you

Again, this is something for you to figure out about him, I haven't met him. But, you should be aware that psychopaths are real people who do tend to single out empaths for abuse (there's a good article about it here: The Dance). Even if this friend of yours is totally not a psychopath, you should make yourself aware of them and how to avoid their manipulation and abuse, since you are vulnerable as an empath. I know from experience that they can be extremely destructive and also nearly impossible to detect if you don't know what to look for. For more info about them I suggest going to www.lovefraud.com..., psychopathfree, and Psychopathy Awareness

I hope your friend isn't one of these people, but if they are, I hope you can learn to free yourself from them.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I hate to say this, but it comes naturally, your'e not really supposed to try and "read" people, empathy is a natural trait, and it is not the case that it is some kind of special ability, we all feel it, but a few seem to have focused their attention upon it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScottProphhit
reply to post by karmajayne

Your fanny is creating chemicals in your brain stopping you from being able to read his thoughts? # knows woman, just ride him!

What a moronic comment!^^ I've been censored for much less than this. Cmon mods donut break over..pfft..

Back to the Op..

I get this a lot (picking up energies) at times it can be tricky in built up spaces,as I tense up.Conversely there are very few people I feel at complete ease around,I used to find myself this relaxed around Asians and Indians and I think they are immensely more spiritually advanced than most in the West.

I've recently had some crazy premonitions that have played out exactly as I had foreseen (these occurred in a trance like state during the day.) This is coupled with dreams that have produced similar results.

I can also read people's thoughts and just Know things without knowing how or why.

These kind of abilities are becoming more enhanced as time goes by and seem to be strengthening.I am also of RH negative stock and have also experienced this telepathy in the presence of UFOs (so many times) my daughter is still very young and a red head so I expect she will have inherited this gift as have other family members.

OP you may have met your match with this Guy? I was in a similar position..just go with the flow and things will pan out as they should.

Things are certainly quickening and these abilities are enhancing-no wonder people like this are seen as a threat..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lovewritesaletter255

Nothing in the OP should have set flags off for that. Nice guy that invites you over, and oh wait, he's a actually a psychopath. You've obviously came across such, but don't bleed that out to everyone else at the slightest inkling.

Isn't it that thing in society that guy's can't show their emotions? But if they don't, they're a psychopath. That's actually crazy. And as described, OP would seem more crazy than anything about the guy. Someone like the OP can be a person's nightmare. The person can be a narcisist, and have inflated image in themselves and their abilities. Going along with it, and how actually incapable they are, why go into it? And as much and forcefully as that other person wants.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
holographic image? The Guru I met 40 years ago. This guy has always been the first to help anyone in need, by doing errands for poor people, but at a price-eventually. The idea came from the biblical Paul, who referenced a thorn in his side, given to him to remain humble-IMO.

Pardon the first draft punctuation (cut/paste job). i write faster that way. This may go in the book linked below in my signature, but I removed it about a month ago.

"Hangin out at the Deck one night, there is an unusually beautiful woman here. brunette,
huge eyes, pretty face, large chested, slim waste, nice *ss, the works. this woman has winner written all over. if not successful on her own, she will certainly make someone a trophy wife. the guy thats with her is older than me by 14 years. We talk and i find out that he is a neighbor. Turns out that he has just returned from California; and his girl Tammy, is Playboy's miss June of the previous year. Being neighbors we find that we know many of the same people; and, we become friends. Now, theGuru is a motivation expert; a self-proclaimed enlightened being who is limited only by his will to succeed.

He has this office across from the post office in Warrington, so i venture over there to see what he is all about. He has all these cassette tapes and stories about legendary successes, such as Edison and Carnegy. all you need to do is pay his fee; and, you can become successful too. the basis of his system is "think and grow rich". Napolean Hill's book on how to be successful.

according to theGuru, he used to get depressed; and, one day somebody turns him on to the tape; and, his life changed irreversibly for the better. ever since he found his way through those tapes, it is like heaven on earth for him. the other thing i notice is that theGuru is a huge pothead. we have some pretty lively discussions about things happening. i remember my days as a philosopher, when everything just fell in place. when i felt connected to the universe. theGuru doesn't pay much attention to my ramblings, because he has a system. a scientifically proven method that is automatic and guaranteed to produce results. the keys to the universe are simply the power of positive thinking. i don't really disagree with him, but just plain positive thinking is not all there is to it. sure positive thinking will help you see the world in a better light. but, he is missing the degrees of emotion. his system is based on greed alone. so think positive, form a company called me incorporated, and do whatever it takes to become successful." the first thing you notice is that theGuru is not really successful, but he has all the answers. his is a system of secular humanism, that man is god, and that all it takes is to rearrange your thinking and you will be soon drinking the nectar of the gods, for a nominal fee of course.

i soon see that theGuru is out there. i get to know his mother, whom he often still lives with at the age of 34. she is like, Joseph, can't you find anything theGuru might want to sell that people want? nobody wants those ***ned motivation tapes. i have tried and tried to get theGuru to listen, but he wont give up. i like theGuru though. he is generous; and, he will share anything he has. trouble is . he usually doesn't have much.

so, he's got all these secrets and i decide to read,"think and grow rich". it;'s all goin fine about being assertive and taking what you want, thinking positive and all that stuff; and, then it gets into some freaky stuff. The Master Mind Theory; and, how the author came up with the book. Napolean Hill had met 9 Ascended Masters in his room; and, they told him what to write.

theGuru knows it all; and, anything esoteric is simply fairy tales. there is no god.we just are. i can't understand this. anything that goes bump in the night also does not exist. how can anyone look at something like a blade of grass; and, not see the signature of a higher intelligence than a human being within it? so, then i hit him with the ascended masters. were they fairy tales too? he never really answers this.

there is something about theGuru that is not right. he is constantly asking people for money to invest in his dreamt up schemes. once he gets the money, it's time for a big party. nothing like positive thinking. no remorse. no concern. the world is for his taking. i have recognized my first live and functioning sociopath.

theGuru does have an amazing esp ability. he always shows up, whenever you are visiting a friend, near dinnertime.

i have a brand new car and we are at a party. the party's in the woods and the parking is pretty tight. i'm trying to back out at night and i ask theGuru to jump out and guide me. he motions me right into a stump which knocks the muffler off. this guy can **ck up an anvil. he has absolutely no conscience; and, vehemently refuses to accept any responsibility; or apologize for anything.

how is it that some can exist void of conscience? a sociopath is a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

how can one made in the image of god lack a conscience? this guy is truly enlightened in his own mind; but at the expense of others. a pariah, a social outcast totally oblivious to the pain and suffering of others, while feeding upon them.

have you ever wondered how certain people come into your life at just the right moments? is this guy real; or maybe just a holigraphic image created to be my nemesis? he sweats, he stinks, and boy can he destroy a bathroom for hours. maybe, in the matrix, this is thrown in for extra effect.

here stands the embodiment of no fear, no doubt, complete control of negative emotions;and, an apparent lack of knowledge of good and evil. although promoting greed and selfishness as a way to utopia for all, he himself is not greedy. he is not materialistic. he is very charitable.

feeding on fear. feeding on greed. feeding on hopeless alcoholics and drug users. feedingon the poor. feeding on the hope and desires of would be tyrants. feeding on negativity and offering a positive outlook to all. a positive outlook that if were carried by all, there would be none left to feed upon. as much as theGuru is an iconoclast, perhaps he really is an enforcer of the status quo. a preacher of sorts of the age old religion of self indulgence and materialism, helping others to rationalize that using any means, devoid of conscience, is real achievement. oh how he is proselytizing the god of mammon, and worshiping those who have created the most oppression. all that really counts is winning, as if wealth generated through chicanery, will

set you free. maybe so, for those without conscience; but i have never seen a wealthy cheater, who is truly happy.
edit on 28-1-2017 by davido because: nevermind no change

edit on 28-1-2017 by davido because: fix find/replace error

edit on 28-1-2017 by davido because: correct mistake

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I thought I was the only one! I just recently found out I was an Empath as well, but curious as it is I am unable to read this boy I find my heart falling for! He too is calm and collected rarely showing emotions, but most of the time I can usually read people like him. I'd like to believe that as Empaths we have such a thing as a soul mate. Perhaps we are attracted to those who are calm and collected because we fell like ourselves and not having to feel all the rainbows that are emotions. I believe that they are the charger to our phones, the IV to our arms, and the hope in our hearts. I would love to continue this conversation if you ever bare witness to this post, may you be healthy and comfortable,
Foreshadower a reply to: karmajayne

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If you are using the term "empth" as if it is a special power, I honestly do not really believe in that.
I do, however, find that some people are more sensitive than others, and some people develop a really strong "antenna" for picking up on other peoples emotions, due to early life experiences. Abusive or sick caretakers, for example, are often a reason a kid learns to "read" subconscious cues to stay aware of others' internal state. Not having developed a strong ego, Borderline Personality Disorder, these usually result in a weak self/other border.

I think my mother was like this, I am, and one of my sons is, which means we are ultra sensitive and pick up on undercurrents of emotion wherever we are. For us, one of the most restful experiences is being around someone who is high on the autism spectrum. It's like finding a calm and silent space. They don't enter into empathy with others. Is this guy perhaps one of those?

Or, he just may be very guarded emotionally. I do not want to sound unkind, but lots of people who label themselves "empaths" are actually very adept at using covert manipulation. As they found they were good at reading others secrets, it is sort of a natural development to use that in relationships. I am not saying this is what you do, but to look at it from another point of view, this guy might be sensing strongly that you are trying to have access to his emotional body. I have seen first hand that almost all animals will sense this and react defensively, and many people will too. If he has already had experience with manipulative empaths, he may be protecting himself. Remember to respect personal boundary!

ETA- just saw old this thread is! Wish I could delete my post in it. Totally irrelevant now.

edit on 25-12-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: karmajayne

As an empath myself, I can't project anything onto others...it's more like I can feel emotions from people when I am around them and it is overwhelming sometimes. Especially if they are sad. Movies that have sad parts are getting way too hard to even watch. Anyway, I can even pick up things from how people talk, or write I guess, and I am thinking that perhaps you are searching for another answer also, and not just "why can't I read him?". I feel that you are kind of asking yourself - should I be thinking of a deeper relationship with this person or not, based on his actions. Is this accurate in any way? Just curious.

In my opinion, being and empath and having a relationship with an unreadable person can be really tough. Sometimes you will have the overwhelming sadness (because there is something deeply sad within some people that they can't or won't deal with) and other times you will have a glimpse of "somewhat happy", but overall it will be like a tug of war on emotions and very frustrating to go through.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ScottProphhit

Fanny means something different here in the uk.
Had to read that twice

Oh and op just embrace the dark side of the force and break his mind.
Feeeeeel it's power.
edit on 25-12-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: karmajayne

Many people have learned how to block intrusions from others, accidentally or on purpose. I would suggest you stop trying to read everybody and assess if you have been accidentally feeding off the energies of others or violating them by intruding on their privacy.

The gift of empathy requires discipline and practice to control and prevent misuse. When others explicitly seek your help or if you need to quickly assess the safety of a situation, its good to unlock your gift. Otherwise, rein it in.

If you want to get to know this person, be yourself and go about it the usual way- talking, interacting, being together.

Be careful, if you are actively seeking to know others thoughts, you are open wide to being examined and possibly violated yourself. When you are open like that you are a receiver too. Empaths are the preferred prey of psychopaths, it heightens the game for them.

Don't kick yourself, most gifted people who are untrained do this (and a large amount of the trained too). Work on a wall for yourself.

Remember too, there are all types of connections not solely romantic, worth being a part of.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Is he firengi? Empaths cant read them.
Seriously though it all comes down to data read points the brain makes with others. Some people naturally block others meditate to block.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: ScottProphhit

Fanny means something different here in the uk.
Had to read that twice

Oh and op just embrace the dark side of the force and break his mind.
Feeeeeel it's power.

Made the mistake one time of telling an Australian friend she had a nice fanny pack....had no idea of the meaning of fanny for her at the time....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join