It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an Empath, why am I being blocked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello all

I have recently discovered I'm an Empath, well not so much I have always known I was different. I am a very perceptive person, I read people and emotions very well. I seem very drawn to people with severe issues whether it be family, friends or strangers and vice versa. This has happened since as long as I can remember, but it was only about 8 months ago that I finally did some searching on the internet and discovered what and Empath is, since then it has only got stronger. When I am in public places it becomes very over whelming at times but I am learning to tune out and try not to let all my energy be drained in a sense block it out.

Well there is one person in my life I can't read, I can read pretty much everyone around me except him, on the few rare occasions that he has allowed me glimpses of his emotions and his thoughts. ( I just thought I'd add that he does not know I'm an Empath) I find this extremely interesting and annoying as I have never had this problem before, not being able to read someone.

I will give you a little back ground on this person. I am recently single 5 months ago my ex and I split up, we were together for 4 years and friends for 10, so to say the least we have a huge history together and it did not end on the best of terms due to him being a total a**.. I am getting off topic here but I went through a very emotional time in my life.

I had met this person twice before my ex and I parted ways he was a great guy and we hit it off straight away, he was a friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing so we had a lot of mutual friends but never associated with each other..
Anyway, about 3 weeks after I had split with my ex, we got to chatting on Facebook and he invited me over to his place as he was having a BBQ and thought I could do with some cheering up as I have no family where I am living and very few friends so I decided to go over and we hit it off straight away and that was start of our crazy friendship. You could say we are one in the same, we had this crazy connection right from the get go. I could talk to him about things I felt I could not even tell my ex or family and he was a stranger to me. I felt completely comfortable with him more then I have ever felt with anyone before, but there was this one little thing that not only intrigued me but it also bothered me, for the life of me can I not read him!.

He is a very reserved person and spends most of his time alone, he is not a "sharer" by any means, more of a listener, he is very much like myself I also wonder if he is an Empath. I haven't brought the topic up between us yet as he is kind of going through a very rough time at the moment and I am trying hard to help him but with him blocking me it makes it hard to understand how he is truly feeling and I feel so helpless. I can't push me energy on him like I can with other people, he opens up only sometimes we had a really good chat the other day where he opened up to me but then shut it off almost as quickly. I can feel his "walls" if that makes sense?

I was wondering if any of the other experienced Empath's here could help me understand why I can't read him, as you know I am a novice and only just learning of my ability's and how to expand and have better control of them.

Thanks so much in advance

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Your fanny is creating chemicals in your brain stopping you from being able to read his thoughts? # knows woman, just ride him!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Two things come to mind to suggest as something to consider.....and congrats. It's as much a curse as a blessing, isn't it? I've found solitary work in life to be a very comforting thing for a number of reasons.

On this single person though? First, if you've done research than you know part of the answer, you just may not want to accept it. I say that lightly and not in any overly serious tone because I can see why. However, I'm talking about using your gifts for direct personal benefit. Doesn't work well that way, in my experience, to condense a thread down to a sentence.

The second thing outside of emotional interference, which is a very real thing too, IMO, is the possibility he isn't an empath (or only that) but something else. That wall could be real and deliberate. I have defense like that around me 24/7 as a subconscious thing and it's been that way for many years at this point. (Think of it as an Aura with function..) It drives my wife nuts at times, but I can also let her in when I choose to, and choose the degree that happens. How much she sees, I mean. That took me years of practice to get to do with control.

It's something to consider....

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Thank you for you insightful reply, not that I think that sleeping with him helps me in this respect. But just thought I'd let you know that we do participate in various acts together which included sleeping together, but for the time being we are just friends as he is far too good to be just a rebound guy so, we no longer participate in those activities be we are still very good friends..

Now that is all cleared up, any thoughts on why I can't read him??

edit on 11/10/13 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
you've been data dumping on him, and he's been encouraging it but not reciprocating, correct?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

karmajayne

Well there is one person in my life I can't read,

He is either a android, or one of the reptile people. Or both!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

karmajayne
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Thank you for you insightful reply, not that I think that sleeping with him helps me in this respect. But just thought I'd let you know that we do participate in various acts together which included sleeping together, but for the time being we are just friends as he is far too good to be just a rebound guy so, we no longer participate in those activities be we are still very good friends..

Now that is all cleared up, any thoughts on why I can't read him??

I don't have a clue but I think that other guy has it, he's probably got a sub-conscious thing to protect his emotions from showing.. most people go through bad experiences, some go through trauma, you'll never know the full extent to someone's life

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Two things come to mind to suggest as something to consider.....and congrats. It's as much a curse as a blessing, isn't it? I've found solitary work in life to be a very comforting thing for a number of reasons.

On this single person though? First, if you've done research than you know part of the answer, you just may not want to accept it. I say that lightly and not in any overly serious tone because I can see why. However, I'm talking about using your gifts for direct personal benefit. Doesn't work well that way, in my experience, to condense a thread down to a sentence.

The second thing outside of emotional interference, which is a very real thing too, IMO, is the possibility he isn't an empath (or only that) but something else. That wall could be real and deliberate. I have defense like that around me 24/7 as a subconscious thing and it's been that way for many years at this point. (Think of it as an Aura with function..) It drives my wife nuts at times, but I can also let her in when I choose to, and choose the degree that happens. How much she sees, I mean. That took me years of practice to get to do with control.

It's something to consider....

Thank you Wrabbit

Yes it can be just as much a curse and a blessing, sometimes I wonder why me? It made things hard for me in my teenage years and going through some of the things I experienced but then I am also grateful as it has helped me through a lot in life without knowing exactly what it was.

I think you're right, deep down I know. I have searching high and low and the only conclusion I have come to is that he just doesn't want me to read him, regardless of the fact that he does not know I am an Empath or maybe he does and I just don't know it?.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he knows about his walls and may be like you when he feels like letting me in he does, but most of the time he he keeps his emotions and thoughts to himself. It's getting to the point that I just want to tell him and ask him why, but then I don't want to force him and feel like I am trying to invade his space. whether he is aware id his walls or not, I am more inclined to think he does though as they are very strong.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

undo
you've been data dumping on him, and he's been encouraging it but not reciprocating, correct?

Yes smack bang on, he really lets me get it all out. He does only sometimes and not for long just small brief glimpses.
Then closes back up again, I find it frustrating..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

karmajayne

I have recently discovered I'm an Empath

So you just passed puberty?

Empathy is not a superpower.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello fellow empath. Being an empath myself I suggest you do a little research on how to use your gifts properly. I know you don't mean any harm by trying to read peoples emotions by projecting your energy onto them which is wrong IMO.

Possible reasons that you can't tune into him is either...

His higher self won't let you

He subconsciously knows you are trying to read him

He is shielded

Empathy is a direct link between the heart, solar plexus and third eye chakra and most often passive than active. Don't try too hard, let it happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

PurpleVortex
Hello fellow empath. Being an empath myself I suggest you do a little research on how to use your gifts properly. I know you don't mean any harm by trying to read peoples emotions by projecting your energy onto them which is wrong IMO.

Possible reasons that you can't tune into him is either...

His higher self won't let you

He subconsciously knows you are trying to read him

He is shielded

Empathy is a direct link between the heart, solar plexus and third eye chakra and most often passive than active. Don't try too hard, let it happen.

Thank you, I have been researching but not as much as I should be I will take heed of what you said, I just felt like I should push some of my positive energy on him as he is so down at the moment and it was they only way aside from my advice that I could help cheer him up a bit and not feel so depressed.

I can't thank you enough, I was searching around ATS and found some really good threads that I am going to sink my teeth into tonight when I finish work. I do feel very inexperienced and am willing to learn how to improve upon my ability's and understand more about it.

ETA: I just thought I'd add that I don't go around reading people, I don't have to as I can already feel what they feel it just oozes off people some stronger than others. I just can't read him as I said he blocks me so I can't feel anything, but when I try nothing I can feel his walls there, only when he lets his walls down can I feel anything with him. I just found it strange as he seems to be the only person who blocks me.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

LionOfGOD

karmajayne

I have recently discovered I'm an Empath

So you just passed puberty?

Empathy is not a superpower.

No I hit puberty a long time ago now. I did not say it was, I am only learning of these ability's now, they were always there I just didn't know what it was.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

due to him being a total a**.

Holy anti-empath...

BTW - hope this therapy session works out for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Tuning into people's emotional state doesn't what so ever involve pushing energy onto them. It's against the laws of the universe to project energy at anyone unless it's for the best interest of the other person; for example, projecting love and positive energy at the ones you care for or sending blessings and healings. Again, it's all about intention.

As your abilities get stronger over time, empathy would be a passive thing. You would just KNOW who's who and you would immediately pick up on vibes. A balance must be maintained between the heart and the mind (third eye) since the solar plexus is our information center.

Eta: I just read your post and you beat me to it
you said everything I said in my post.

edit on 11-10-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

Eta 2: Telepathy ^^^

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

facelift

due to him being a total a**.

Holy anti-empath...

BTW - hope this therapy session works out for you.

^^ this x 20.

Someone is way too big a Twilight fan and there are about ten others here who would never make it as a therapist even with training.
Empathy isn't a freakin' power. It is simply the ability to read body language and verbal contextual clues.

Some people are so freaking good at it they make stage acts out of the gag. They're called "mentalists."

Welcome to 1895

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

PurpleVortex
Tuning into people's emotional state doesn't what so ever involve pushing energy onto them. It's against the laws of the universe to project energy at anyone unless it's for the best interest of the other person; for example, projecting love and positive energy at the ones you care for or sending blessings and healings. Again, it's all about intention.

As your abilities get stronger over time, empathy would be a passive thing. You would just KNOW who's who and you would immediately pick up on vibes. A balance must be maintained between the heart and the mind (third eye) since the solar plexus is our information center.

Eta: I just read your post and you beat me to it
you said everything I said in my post.

Eta 2: Telepathy ^^^

Yes I agree, I only ever had the best intentions and wanting him to feel the positive energy I would never put negative energy on anyone ever, if you met anyone who knows me would tell you I am the most loving, kind person they know. I will go out of my way to help another person even if it puts me out, I really can't help it.

I think it just bothered me as I could not feel his emotions I had no insight to his true feeling or intentions and I am not used to this. I really wanted to help him and the only other way I could was give him as much positive energy I could.

It is gets so confusing and overwhelming at times. Sometimes I wish I had someone around who could help me more I can read as much as I can etc but having someone to talk to about it and understands would be helpful as well.

Karma =)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Of course he knows you're an empath. He just may not know that you know you're one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Well in all honesty he was. I wasn't aware that thinking someone is, is being anti Empath?

He drowns in his pools of negativity and I for am glad we are no longer together, funny enough we still talk life is too short to be angry and bitter.

Better friends then partners.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know who make the best "empaths?"
Dogs.

They are just smart enough to understand our social construct, but just dumb enough to not understand our speech.

So they analyze our body language and tone. 90% (just a guess, but reasonable I think) of the time, a dog is gonna know more about you than you know yourself within a few minutes of meeting you.

If a well behaved dog doesn't like you, you're a jerk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join