It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Star Adrian Peterson's Son Dies After Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Link

One of Adrian Peterson's sons passed away Friday. The 2-year-old died of injuries from an aggravated assault on Wednesday, Sioux Falls police confirmed to NFL Media.

The accused attacker, Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant in Sioux Falls, S.D., police spokesman Sam Clemens said. Patterson was in a relationship with the child's mother at the time, Clemens said.

In light of the boy's death, the charges against Patterson will be reviewed and additional changes might be added. Patterson is being held in the Minnehaha County Jail on $750,000 cash bond.

Clemens told NFL Media earlier on Friday that the child was in critical condition after sustaining head injuries that appeared to be consistent with abuse. Police did not name the boy, but Peterson and his father, Nelson, both spoke Friday about the terrible situation.

"Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support," Peterson wrote on Twitter. "The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. God Bless everyone and thank u so much."

Did a search and didn't find anything.
Thoughts go out to Peterson and his family. I've always liked Peterson on the field, and off. He always seems like a very likable guy in interviews, and although I'm not a Vikings fan it's great to watch him play and I've always wished him to be successful. He's gotten thousands of tweets and facebook posts supporting him which isn't surprising, but always nice to see. I hope he keeps his head up, he has a lot of support to help him through these tough times. You can expect him to be dedicating performances to his son when he comes back to play, which could be this weekend, although he's missed some practice this week, which is understandable.
Here's a montage of him, with an interview about his injury a couple of years ago, and some more speaking parts near the end.

You can find some of his other interviews on youtube and NFL.com etc. if you've never heard any of them. He's a pretty inspirational guy to quite a bit of people, and my thoughts are with him in these tough times.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Being a Boomer Sooner myself, I am a Peterson fan. Being a Bears fan, that is difficult. But he runs like a horse. A team of horses.

This is horrible to hear.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's a special place in hell for psychos like this guy... Hitting a 2 year old?? Jesus... I wish I could have 10 minutes with this guy....

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yeah, I can't think of any reasons why someone would want to harm an innocent child. It blows my mind how many sick people there are like this, it makes me sick. What can possibly going through your mind to make you want to hurt some poor child? I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I'm sorry this happened.

My heart goes out to you. There are no words to heal this wound.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I couldn't find anything on this but its a very sad story these days u can't trust anyone around ur kids for this reason and when it happens its sad the kid didn't have a chance i feel if a person puts their hands on a baby or any one to result in this ending should b left alone with the parents handcuffed for about an hour

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I haven't got a clue who this Peterson fellow is, but the death of his son, or any child is a tragedy, especially in these dreadful circumstances.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Havox

I haven't got a clue who this Peterson fellow is, but the death of his son, or any child is a tragedy, especially in these dreadful circumstances.

He is a good guy.

A lady I know ran into him at a hosue party while he was still an all american with Oklahoma University. She started screaming how much she loved him. So he took off his jersey, signed it, and gave it to her.

She worked for me, and wore that jersey with pride every Sunday.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I cannot imagine the anguish that he must be going through at this point. The heartbreak will be enormous of course, but the anger he must feel is probably vast also, toward the villainous bastard who did for his son of course, but also toward the child's mother, for allowing the brute near his son. Is there any indication that Peterson's ex knew that her new fella was a wrong'un?

new topics

top topics

join