It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the US defaults...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is purely discussion, hence the forum that i have placed it in.

I was reading some comments on an RT article regarding China advising the US to avoid bankruptcy, and i came across this gem:

"China and Japan must be prepared to assume the losses since they won't be capable to invade the US."

Rather than going into my thoughts on this, i will first ask ATS what your thoughts are on a hypothetical US default regarding the country's defense.

Do the American people believe their country will be capable of defending itself for free should it officially declare bankruptcy?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Capable of defending itself? yes.

Willing? No.

If the US defaults and all public handouts (deserved and not deserved) are cut off, wouldn't you think that most people would cooperate with whoever invades as long as their families are taken care off and there is no violence against the civilians?

Watch the movie Dragon Day, that is exactly how I picture things to go.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We would have more to worry about than china and japan.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If the US defaults ... expect Obamarama to give 'them' California in exchange. Then the Chinese and Japanese can move all the US made manufacturing equipment back to Amerika, where they can put our welfare class and illegal immigrants to work as slaves, and keep all the profits as managers.

edit on 11102013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
if the U.S. defaults there`s not much the lenders could do except get mad.
are they going to boycott the U.S. and not buy or sell us stuff? that would only hurt them.
They can`t come and actually repossess anything tangible.
They could stop lending us more money but at that point we wouldn`t really need to borrow any money because all our debts have been wiped clean.
we would have to live off the taxes we collect.Without having to pay all that interest the government could keep more of the tax money they collect.
of course the government would have to raise taxes,cut spending,cut financial aid to other countries and have a balanced budget for once but whats so bad about that.
The only countries that would lose faith and start dumping USD are the countries that got burned everyone else would keep using them so the value of the dollar wouldn`t drop too much.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

That would work out, if the country was able to be totally self sufficient. I have no doubt it could be done, but there would be mass casualties.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If the US does default, the first and foremost thing that would happen would be huge losses on all indexes and stock markets. The credit rating would be downgraded and massive protests and riots would occur. All loans the US owns to every country would be worthless and the US dollar would be dropped as the reserve currency of the world.

That of course is just a brief statement of what would occur. Of course the world will plunge into another recession and hundreds of thousands would lose thier jobs as a result. China and Japan and a few other countries can ask for the gold the US has as good faith payment for the loans they have. My question is what will happen to the government.

Will they go on recess like they are now? Shutdown completely and plunge the US into total chaos? Hold emergency elections to select a new government? Declare a police state and put into effect martial law? Who's to say.

The Japanese and China could invade the IS easily. No American in thier right mind would stand up for thier government. The problem is that they have nothing to gain from an invasion. It would be a waste of time and resources. Plus the US would have defaulted so they couldn't afford to defend the country.

-BmwSauber

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BmwSauber

Resources and land. They can't support their population as it is with their available farmland. Imagine if they had the space that the US dedicates to farming!

That is one reason I have heard why China is purchasing land in Africa and building those "ghost cities". It is also concerning how many companies the Chinese are buying up in North America as well. If the dollar does die, they will have purchased most of the country anyways and if the US owes them, do you think it would be any different here than it would be working in China?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Both China and Japan are heavily into US bonds and both countries have major economic problems of their own. With a default by the US, it would pull the rug out from under both countries besides kicking the euro over the cliff as well. In the end the default would work to the US's benefit. The land and mineral rights have long since been seceded over to the NWO and the gov has been doing the bidding of its masters ever since.

China has been sold a bag of empty promises that they can never collect on and Japan will get thrown under the bus with the rest of the world. The plan was to get everyone hooked on the dollar as the worlds reserve currency and then flush it down the loo. Countries such as Libya that backed there currency with gold and refused to go fiat were crushed and the currency pulled off the gold standard. With an US default, Libya could have bid for reserve currency status and won due to it being a non-fiat currency backed by physical gold(not allowed).

The new reserve currency is already in place and has been for over 20 years just waiting for the proper time. It does look like this might very well be the time. This shutdown and possible default by the US is not about who won't agree to what, it's about timing and being able to point a finger at the selected scapegoat and bring in a single currency. Problem-reaction-solution.

The US will retain its power and position after the default and until its usefulness is exhausted, then it will be put down.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The US Federal Government takes in $250 Billion Dollars per Month in taxes, fees, rights, etc.

The US Federal Debt Service is $20 Billion Dollars per Month.

We can't default on our debts - ever.
It's all theater.

top topics

join