It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of the Order of the Assassins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Wot Set sez...

I seek my Elect and none other, for mankind now hastens toward an annihilation which none but the Elect may hope to avoid. And alone I cannot preserve my Elect, but I would teach them and strengthen their Will against
the coming peril, that they and their blood may endure.

Behold, O West, I have established my Aeon. I punish the enemies who are in it, placed in the Place of destruction. I deliver them to the examiners from whose guard there is no escape. Lo, I pass near to thee, I pass near to thee!

Great Revelations of Our Time...

The funny thing is about these characters is that they believe in nothing but themselves, it's obvious they don't take the religious muddles they create the least bit seriously when they know full well it's based on a pack of lies, their idea of a new order involves all the women in their cult taking off their clothes and standing to the left, the men taking out their credit cards and standing to the right...and behold your God.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Kantzveldt
The funny thing is about these characters is that they believe in nothing but themselves, it's obvious they don't take the religious muddles they create the least bit seriously when they know full well it's based on a pack of lies, their idea of a new order involves all the women in their cult taking off their clothes and standing to the left, the men taking out their credit cards and standing to the right...and behold your God.

Oldest trick in the book. Why even bother appealing to the hearts and minds of men...when a good many of them can be so easily led by their genitalia? And not to be totally sexist, while some men can be bought with sex, there are, by association, plenty of women willing to use their femininity and sexuality for status gain, and to avoid having to earn it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

How about Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino, same affect. He couldn't kill them all, so he dies setting them up for the law.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Now, an excellent piece of work.

The Templars seem to have had a code for correspondence, that remains unbroken. The Assassins probably used a similar method of correspondence. Might be an interesting thread to pursue as a possible source of cross cultural influences.
A basic given of all life including humans. We are all killers, something has to die for us to eat. Humans can, of course, make a choice as what will be killed, herbivore or carnivore, or, most common, a mix.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

KilgoreTrout

SlackOps
Amoral as it may be, political assassination has the potential to saves lives.

Wars can be avoided, tyrants dethroned, regimes changed...

Better to remove the head of state than to drag the state into full scale conflict. One for the many right?

I hate to put smudges on those rose tinted spectacles but the evidence completely contradicts your rather skewed idealism. In the vast majority of cases, assassinations, especially those that are politically motivated, have resulted in an increase of suffering for the populations involved, directly led to violent civil wars, and to an amplification of radical militantism. As often as not, by removing the head of state, particularly by foreign governments or corporate interests, the motive and consequence has been the economic exploitation of that nations resources to the detriment of the population affected by installation of a puppet regime. In some instances those assassinations have served the sole purpose of instigating conflict rather than preventing it.

I would agree that assassination has the potential to save lives, but that is so very seldom the case that such a benefit is negligible to the bigger picture. We live in a violent world, sure, but comparing natures forces with assassination is a rather obtuse comparison. We live in a violent world because it is in the interest of the few, to use the might of the many, directed from the safety of their ivory towers, to further line their pockets. Out of the many hundreds of assassinations that have occurred throughout history, I can use one hand to count those assassinations that have been of any benefit, in terms of providing humanitarian relief to the populations concerned. I haven't got enough fingers and toes combined to count the assassinations that have directly led to the violent and bloody deaths of thousands.

Like I said... "potential". But I do appreciate the snark attack.

"rather rose tinted", "skewed idealism", "obtuse"? Was that really necessary? Anyway.

I considered the historical record, but decided to leave out that paragraph for the sake of brevity.

Nobody got to Hitler or Kim. Guess we will always have to wonder at how those would have panned out.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

SlackOps
Like I said... "potential". But I do appreciate the snark attack.

"rather rose tinted", "skewed idealism", "obtuse"? Was that really necessary? Anyway.

I considered the historical record, but decided to leave out that paragraph for the sake of brevity.

Nobody got to Hitler or Kim. Guess we will always have to wonder at how those would have panned out.

I apologise if you I dented your delicate sensibilites, however, if you were aware of the historical record, a mere sentence acknowledging that would have sufficed in averting my 'snark'.

Since you raise Hitler, there were proposals put before Churchill, and a plan hatched to assassinate him by the British, Churchill vetoed it. It was not in the British government's interest to kill Hitler. The assassination of Reinhard Heydrich was though, and that directly resulted in the deaths of thousands as well as expediting the Final Solution. I should imagine a similar situation exists in maintaining the current regime in North Korea, and a recent assassination attempt was recently thwarted. I am sure it serves numerous purposes to maintain a divided Korea, as well as psychologically, on the global stage, having such a rogue state that could, if required, light the collective tinder box.

The point though remains, as the OP pointed out, the assassin is seldom of altruistc bent, they are most often fanatics, and or, mentally unbalanced, operating on their own, unique agenda, or in many cases, thinking particularly of the Medellin Cartel's rather prolific record in this field, driven by financial or status gain. The aim of governments and intelligence agencies, is, ideally, to tap into that well, bend it to their will, or seek an operative who's enemy is also their enemy. I would have thought though, that they more likely would have most success with those that do it for money, professionally, like Carlos the Jackal, and are essentially freelance, with the connection virtually untraceable. However, what seems to be the general practice is merely to find a chap within the inner circle that they can do business with, have them get their hands dirty, and then provide them with the protection necessary to prevent anyone doing the same thing to them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Now the real question. I don't mean this to be influenced by the Assassin's Creed games in any such respect. But IS it possible that the order of Hashashins still exists in some form today?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was watching this earlier with my son, thought it might interest some...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

test
edit on 1-12-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This somehow also came up in this website that popped up 2 or 3 days ago on a number of conspiracy websites. Some people were suggesting the assassins were part of that project and the things mentioned on that website.

I don't now if I can post links, so if you just google search for "The True Sons Of The Fallen" you will find links to threads and articles about it on several conspiracy websites.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The Assassins Creed is generational - Altair, Ezio, Connors and Edward - must be where ubisoft gets it's game line.
My son and I enjoy taking on the templars - and no we are not muslim - just po rednecks.

Assasins Creed

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

hello, im new here and i stumbled upon this website when i was looking for information about the assassins.
can i ask you how you got this information please?

thank you very much!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Brandyjack

very interesting theory on correspondence. my first thought would be that they catched and trained birds to make them fly to various cities to hidden to special hidden bird coups where only the assassins had access to.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: videogamer

There are links throughout the opening post, they are in blue, they function as citations. Did you see them?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: videogamer

my first thought would be that they catched and trained birds to make them fly to various cities to hidden to special hidden bird coups where only the assassins had access to.

Yes, Sinan did in fact use carrier pigeons.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

ah yes i see them.

thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Hi Assassin, I am founding a new brotherhood of Assassins against the Code and the rules of the teacher and mentor Altaïr Ibn La Ahad. People try to Begin. if you want to contact me: [email protected] Thank you and good day.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Hashashin remind me of the fourth Judaic philosophy of the Zealots.

But what I find interesting is that few people know that the Sicari or Zealots were a part of early Jewish "Christianity " or the Nazarenes.

Simon the Zealot, Judas Iscariot (thought to be a corruption of Sicari) were two mentioned but the Nazarenes had men waiting to kill Paul before the Roman soldiers came to the rescue.

So I think Judaic Nazarenes were on the same team as the Sicari who were similar to the Hashashin, if not the model for.

They would keep a dagger of sorts, really a circumcision tool, and ambush collaborators and other enemies at night and were very slick.

I don't know much about Ishmaelis other than that they are not very popular among Muslims and are kind of fringe.

Interesting history, the ancient world was a violent world, like today.

Modern day Hashashin, that is religious orders that engage in espionage and assassinations, are the Jesuits and Mossad, though Mossad is technically NOT a religious order that is a technicality as it is a Jewish /Israeli intelligence agency. And naturally serves Israeli Jewish interests.

Like expanding Israel, probably they will be setting up Jewish settlements in the destroyed areas of Syria. It probably won't be talked about like with continued encroachment into Palestine, or payed attention to.

Intelligence agencies and "secret societies" or Orders are the modern day Hashashin.

I do love what the word Hashashin was used to name too.

edit on 11-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alessandro

Hi Assassin, I am founding a new brotherhood of Assassins against the Code and the rules of the teacher and mentor Altaïr Ibn La Ahad. People try to Begin. if you want to contact me: [email protected] Thank you and good day.

Who do you plan on assassinating?

You are probably on an NSA list just for saying that!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dextraphite
Now the real question. I don't mean this to be influenced by the Assassin's Creed games in any such respect. But IS it possible that the order of Hashashins still exists in some form today?

At this point neo Hashashin would be the proper term unless an unbroken chain of history can be legitimately claimed.

There are many other orders in the Middle East that are more powerful and feared than the Hashashin ever were.

Hezbollah for instance is or was a legitimate government, elected government, while being considered a terrorist organization by the West.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join