It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutdown = distraction from Obamacare retaliations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey folks, I really don't have any evidence to back my claim, in fact maybe it could be put more as a question to some here who might have more opinions on the matter. It just seems like the timing on all this is a little suspect. I really don't think that either party being in majority control would have or could have changed the course of recent history, The bigger agenda knows no party lines in my opinion. I wonder if all of this coverage of the shutdown is a designed plan to keep us distracted from the negative effects that Obamacare is going to have. I mean think about it. If the shutdown wasn't taking place right now, we'd be hearing a lot more about how the new health care plan is negatively effecting everyone. I think it would be being scrutinized all over the place. I've heard that the online system has been a massive failure so far. As well some of the horror stories about how it's going to hurt so many people are downright terrifying.

I don't know, It just seems like this whole gov't shutdown thing is happening right at the crucial point where Obamacare might have been stopped in it's tracks. Maybe it's a perfectly timed distraction?

What are your thoughts ATS?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

For myself, I've been keeping one eye on the "shutdown" and it's timing, how it pretty much coincided with the recent talk about emergency supplies sent to FEMA which contains Washington DC which if I'm remember was due to delivery deadline Oct. 1(? Or was it the 5th, I'm going to be fuzzy on dates as I'm not at my computer) and all the talk of no Military leave being issued or allowed for a chunk of time (not sure where that stands at the moment) leading into Nov. when they've scheduled a "blackout drill".

I don't know about everyone else, but these days when I hear "military drill" and how often it seems to be in conjunction with so many blizzard things like "yes we had a drill about a subway bombing in England, but then that day there was a bombing" or "yeah we had a drill for a school shooting and then there was one the next town over..." I have to lean to predictive programming.

Here's an -IF- : what if, the shutdown is causing so much distraction and hoopla so that it is, yes, a distraction, so that they're prepping for future martial law situation so that when they begin to run "drills" that look like martial law, nobody panics because, that stuff going on outside the house? Well it's alright, that's just a drill giving them the ability to get ML rolling without people contacting each other and bugging out.

Okay, maybe that's reaching, but, maybe not, additionally, if you plan a blackout drill, same thing. If the real thing happens, they get the edge of some head start before people start bugging out. Very few of us are going to bug out at the first sign of anything, we have to really feel like it's "point of no return" and calling something a drill has a placebo effect.

Back to the "shutdown", it suspect it's a hydra with lots of heads which are multitasking. On one hand, they've got some people who are deeply system dependent by the short hairs. Also, they get to post jackbooted thugs in national parks and monuments, more acclimation to tyrannical occupation, and it also does a major Red vs Blue puppet show (bread and circus, baby) for the video drones. I'm sure it does other things but that's my two cents.

It's without a doubt a Damoclean sword for Prob/React/Solution.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

I don't think that's the case. The government shutdown is simply the result of partisan politics and incompetence by our "leaders."

As much as I detest the idea of Obamacare it's not causing the the average citizen any pain, yet. People will just ignore it if they don't want it this year and the next and pay the tax... er fee.. penalty, whatever.

We won't see the true pain on Obamacare for a while yet.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Maybe you are correct. I just know that we've been waiting on this healthcare plan to come for a long time. I would bet that if there wasn't this overshadowing govt shutdown going on, there would be some really heated debate going on instead.

With our country being as divided as it has been for the last decade or so, it would have been irresponsible for those in power not to provide a big distraction simultaneously, that is if they wanted it to be rolled out without any hitches.

new topics

top topics

join