It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Obamacare

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You like Obama care because you are self-centered.

Consider this;

- Taxes will increase for everyone because the system is ill conceived and unsustainable

- Monthly premiums will increase for everyone for the same reasons as above

- Administered by a fully corrupted IRS

- Loss of incentives for millions to improve themselves to get better jobs that offer benefits

- Loss of huge numbers of doctors that will be out of business or retire early due to Obamacare

- This is the lynch pin to a Marxist society which Obama and his cronies are obviously trying to create.
There are too many uninformed or demoralized citizens to realize this before it's too late. I fear we are well past that time.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

eagledriver

Consider this;

- Taxes will increase for everyone because the system is ill conceived and unsustainable

- Loss of incentives for millions to improve themselves to get better jobs that offer benefits

- Loss of huge numbers of doctors that will be out of business or retire early due to Obamacare

- This is the lynch pin to a Marxist society which Obama and his cronies are obviously trying to create.
There are too many uninformed or demoralized citizens to realize this before it's too late. I fear we are well past that time.

In the interest of denying ignorance, I have to point out that you obviously didn't read the OP before responding.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Slickinfinity
reply to post by Eryiedes

Socialized healthcare is good, we love it here in Canada. Can you please give me a rational explanation on why socialized healthcare is bad? No goofy links with bs please just an explanation I can understand.

The easy explanation: we pay HUGE prices for medications that are dirt cheap in Canada. Know why? Because we don't regulate medicine costs.

The money Americans pay is where the R&D cash is from. If we put controls in place....what will happen to the R&D?

Not that I think one way or another....but this is 1 argument against the Canadian healthcare. Not that I really buy it entirely.

Healthcare is one of those things where I find myself arguing internally with my libertarian self.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

How many members do you think would buy in?

I sure as hell want to see what kind of Doctors we are getting!

I could think of a few who would stay sober enough to give you an exam.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Slickinfinity
I love my countries health care. My wife has had 3 babies all free and we never have to worry about if someone gets sick. We receive first rate care and I cant understand why anyone in their right mind would defend a for-profit healthcare system?

There is currently no system in place that will actually help the majority of Americans and that is sad. Most will not be able to afford the premiums and the only ones to benefit will be shareholders.

A government run healthcare system only sucks if your government sucks and I can see why Americans fear that because your government does indeed suck. My government is not perfect but at least I don't fear getting sick will bankrupt my family.

You didn't have your children for free, someone else paid for it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

eagledriver

Consider this;

Heehee.

As one of the most outspoken conservatives on this site, it is a rarity to be on the receiving end of what I usually deliver.

Touche'

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Slickinfinity
reply to post by Eryiedes

Socialized healthcare is good, we love it here in Canada. Can you please give me a rational explanation on why socialized healthcare is bad? No goofy links with bs please just an explanation I can understand.

The easy explanation: we pay HUGE prices for medications that are dirt cheap in Canada. Know why? Because we don't regulate medicine costs.

The money Americans pay is where the R&D cash is from. If we put controls in place....what will happen to the R&D?

Not that I think one way or another....but this is 1 argument against the Canadian healthcare. Not that I really buy it entirely.

Healthcare is one of those things where I find myself arguing internally with my libertarian self.

Valid points. Medications costs are high in the US because of a very large regulatory bureaucracy that makes R&D VERY expensive. Medications are "cheaper" overseas to the consumer because 1). Many of those countries with "cheaper" medications have them subsidized by the government 2). There is not so much regulation so the cost of R&D must be borne by US consumers entirely, 3). They do not have the out of control lawsuits we have here so there are no litigious increases to releasing the medications. 4). There are no QA regulations (or they are much less) so that anyone can put crap in a pill and give it the same name as the brand name even though it may not even contain the same active ingredient, much less safety and cleanliness standards.

One aspect of such inexpensive healthcare in Canada (and the rest of Europe for that matter) is that almost all R&D happens in the States. We are the world's pharmacy.

For profit medication is great just like any other for profit service or goods: lowest cost, lowest bureaucracy, best quality, best availablility, competition and innovation that keeps technology moving forward. The problem with US healthcare is not "greedy corporations and doctors" but governmental interference in the free market and an overbearing tort system.

There are more MRI machines in the DC metropolitan area than all of Canada. You don't have to wait at all to get an MRI if you need one.

The problem is that so many want healthcare to be the most advanced, 100% safe, with no risk, and no waiting but they don't want to have to pay for it. You can't have all of the above at the same time.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
While I would love to see these co-ops take-off and steal customers from the exchanges, it seems like the requirements will make it difficult for these to be successful to a degree that they will stick it to the man. I'm sure these could work in the right communities, with the right doctors and hospitals and some smart and dedicated people guiding it. But sadly that seems less likely than people trying to make a quick buck and defaulting on paying the loan back. Gub'mint fails again IMO.

edit on 10/14/2013 by yadboy because: spelling, or lack thereof...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

they are making a captive market ..... where they like the bankers control the money ...... if the government is backing it and setting the rule ..... then is it capitalism or fascism ...... or the merger of the two in a transition to full state fascism? only asking

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

beezzer

fnpmitchreturns
BOO Beezer, have you lost your friggin mind? This is not about healthcare but control. So, the government which is way past broke is going to fund "a private corporation called a Healthcare Co-op"

this is pure fascism .... really Beezer? a captive market can never be a real capitalist market ..... there is no opt-out ..... you must buy private insurance .....

as a vet I say will tell them FU, I am not buying insurance .......

this BS reminds me of when I got out of the Corps and the college told me that I had to register for the draft... I laughed in their face and told them a thing or two ....... I was on inactive reserve duty "per contract" for 3 years ......

I do not have to register for the draft because I was still under contract ..... government can be such assholes .... but it becomes worse when their minions try to enforce their stupidity .....

Maybe I'm wrong, but with a health CO-OP you decide the level of care and the community involvement determines the cost along with the medical aspect.

If I go to my community hospital and say that the Beezzer Health CO-OP is forming with 100 members, what kind of deal can we get on prompt care, initial first aid, minor surgeries, major surgeries etc, I can go back to my group, say okay folks, here's the plan. . .

If we pay out cash, we can get 5 bucks per visit or 20 bucks for the year, 50 for major surgeries, . . . . (dollar prices I just threw in there)
Even smaller communities might be more beneficial. Many small communities are seen by critical care units that perform major surgeries, but can be dealt with on an individual basis.

Right now, at this very moment, my wife (an RN) is doing some rounds on some of our elderly neighbors. If they merit seeing a doc, we usually drive them, but if they are just under the weather or need someone to talk to, we provide that aspect of care, leaving our local hospitals and prompt cares to deal with the truly ill. My wife doesn't do anything to risk her license and will always lean towards care instead of not, but you'd be surprised on how much they just wanted to chat and didn't have anyone to listen to them.

I am privileged to know you Beezer ....... just knowing that you and your wife work with the elderly making sure they are ok and by giving them time out of your life. I more than understand the rigors of that job. Thank you and your wife for doing this.

as far as state dictated and mandated private-public health insurance is not anywhere close to the individual liberty and limited government envisioned by our founding fathers for the people of these United States.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join