It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Obamacare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

so you like the idea of a government bailout to insurance companies? That is pretty much what it is.

and you like for the government to force a product, for a private profit, onto the country?

and you realize it is more about a power grab than anything else...?

Right?

ok, bud. I respect you enough to just leave it be, but damn do I disagree on this one issue with you.

have a good one.

EDIT:

, I wonder how this little nugget slipped by the tyrants in charge, then again, they never did read the damned thing

yup....several thousand pages long....who knows what is in this thing....buy hey, they needed to pass it....so they could read it right? Cant wait a couple months either...no...NOW NOW NOW.

Not like we have anything to worry about with that sort of governance. Look at Patriot act and the like....

edit on 10 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by beezzer

so you like the idea of a government bailout to insurance companies? That is pretty much what it is.

and you like for the government to force a product, for a private profit, onto the country?

and you realize it is more about a power grab than anything else...?

Right?

ok, bud. I respect you enough to just leave it be, but damn do I disagree on this one issue with you.

have a good one.

EDIT:

, I wonder how this little nugget slipped by the tyrants in charge, then again, they never did read the damned thing

yup....several thousand pages long....who knows what is in this thing....buy hey, they needed to pass it....so they could read it right?

Not like we have anything to worry about with that sort of government. Look at Patriot act and the like....

edit on 10 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

I'm all for people creating their own health exchanges. I just added in the Obamacare factor because it appears as though they can help do the very same thing!

I'm not for bailouts.
I'm not for insurance giants.

I'd like to bypass all of that.

But we can't always agree on everything. No harm. All good.

beez

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I'm an x-ray tech. I don't own my own equipment. That would be an expensive investment for me. Maybe I could meet my 'patients' at the local airport? Do you think TSA would let me use their scanners?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
just found these articles ..reading them now .. however, I'm not keen on the Gov 'loan' to start this up .. and if the Co-Op can't repay the loan .. who gets the shaft ?? (still reading article)

Oregon Medical Co-Ops

Health Insurance Co-Op, OR

Care Oregon Website

edit on 12-10-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
S&F bezzer !!! deep thanks and I think you're on to something...

ok .. still reading up on the Cover Oregon deal.. but wanted to put my comments on a seperate post..

(this maybe get long winded..)

My situation:

My wife and I have been out of health insurance for 4 years.. and our health issues are NOT going away ..

~~we CAN NOT get on Oregon Health plan because I/we make to much ..
*$15/hr I guess is considered too much but when you look at our budget ...it rounds down to less than minimum wage; due to rent, food, gas, car insurance being the top for most expensive.
* Trust me when I say that we've done the math to make it all cheaper (wife is a payroll admin..*grin*)

~we CAN NOT get into the free clinics because there is a limited amount of people they can see.. by the time we get at the clinic.. there are 200-300 people already there mostly foreigners....yes.. you read that correctly .. and I'm not joking and is not a slam to any ethic nationality at all...some are victims of the system...some...

We are desperately ... and when I say desperately .. I mean it exactly that.. looking for alternatives to big health insurance companies that have been raping this country for decades..and I'm totally down for this ..

I know there is the devil in the details .. and one of the biggest questions I have is .. what happens when the Co-Op can not repay the loan.......as in who goes to jail is it a 5019(c) or LLC or what .. Cover Oregon does NOT get taxed by the feds.. it can't from reading the website..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So can this include a group of people from states all over the country, or would it only be a group of people who all live in the same state?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Komodo

I know there is the devil in the details .. and one of the biggest questions I have is .. what happens when the Co-Op can not repay the loan.......as in who goes to jail is it a 5019(c) or LLC or what .. Cover Oregon does NOT get taxed by the feds.. it can't from reading the website..

Do what Solyndra did.

File for bankruptcy if you don't make the profit.

The point is to create a self-sustaining co-op with the provider and the customer.

You (if you decided to create one) would simply be the facilitator between the customer and the clinical setting.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

MsAphrodite
reply to post by beezzer

So can this include a group of people from states all over the country, or would it only be a group of people who all live in the same state?

It'd work best locally. What you'd need to find is a clinic or hospital that would accept "your plan". You'd be an advocate for your "group" and work the best deal with the provider for your people.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Look, the idea of a co-op is to reduce costs by dealing directly with the provider.

Go with the provision within ACA or not.

The point is to make it (the program) self-sustaining. If you have 10 people in your co-op and 3 are carpenters, 2 are electricians, then bartering for goods and services is possible and can be put into the agreement with the provider.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaleesi

We could just get a really bright flashlight.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
These government loans and approvals for Co-op will go to political hacks that support the party in power.

This will be just like the program to put Americans back to work that Obama ran. the money went to unions that supported Obama and the democrats

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Since U2U is about worthless these days I apologize but I am linking this.... please visit this thread of mine beezer....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Congrats, glad you like it.

It makes me all tingly inside knowing my insurance is rising and I have to foot the bill for others insurance, that my personal information that is only by law to be shared with my Dr and I,now will be for all to see, that my credit report will determine how much my insurance will go up, that Muslim crowd and all of our great representatives in government and other privileged American Sell Outs can opt out of this fantastic plan meaning that Obamacare isn't good enough for them, but it is good enough for us common folk. This is just for starters.

There is no humor in Obamacare, it is totally beyond insane and stupid.

This you can shove this unconstitutional act where the sun doesn't shine. Sorry, there IS no justification for liking this plan no matter what ethnicity, income, or preexisting condition.

Read the 10,000 pages plus of the Book Of Obamacare!

If you disagree, ah, like, start READING and searching for the truth, and start living in REALITY for a change.

Stop doing drugs and smoking dope and getting drunk. Read the line above about Reality again!

Here is a clue; You will not get any pertinent information on the Television(TV) in regards to reality.

What else do you want to know, I could for a few more hours without notes and just the facts.

Don't get me started.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Let me tell you something that is not a very well kept secret.

If it says "free" and "government" in the same sentence, it's not. The only way the government can make sure that they are in control, is to make sure everyone is playing by their rules.

How quickly would their system come crashing down if they allowed doctors and hospital to function independently of their rules, drgs, sanctions and insurance company grabs? If doctors were free to practice medicine the way they should be allowed, without the insurance companies rationing their service for profit, everyone would be signing up for the co-ops. The government can't allow that, so they maintain control by controlling the money.

They may financially back the co-ops but only if the doctors and hospitals play by their rules.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

ANNED
These government loans and approvals for Co-op will go to political hacks that support the party in power.

This will be just like the program to put Americans back to work that Obama ran. the money went to unions that supported Obama and the democrats

Then let it be up to us to create something BETTER than what Obama has to offer.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

reply to post by PRS395

I'm trying to find solutions to the problems, not just raging against Obamacare. I've filled hundreds of ATS pages with my disdain towards government mandated taxes under the guise of healthcare.

If there are better solutions, then (pardon the pun) I'm all ears!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the info OP! S+F!

As for me, here's what it says on my paycheck.
Health HMO.....$37.80
Dental HMO.....$1.73

Mind you Health covered everything for me so far including about 9 hospital visits this year (checkups due to overseas travel), about 7 blood tests, medicine for 2 infections, and 8 or 9 immunizations and a vision test.

I received a notice in the mail from the company I work for and the cost is "estimated" to be

Health HMO.....$109
Dental HMO.....$63

(Mind you this is per pay check so x2 per month)

The benefits are roughly the same, however the price rose significantly. My car insurance went up by $30 a month as well and this insurance is mandatory even though I don't drive it. I'm selling my car getting rid of that insurance (obviously), and I'm also moving out of country for almost a year which then I'll be coming back working at a different company in a different state. I have a house that is already "purchased", although small, it's on a big lot in another state. It might go through soon but I won't be there to enjoy it for almost a year. Here's hoping that everything will be okay because quite frankly, small businesses are hurting and the job offers I've been getting are from small businesses.

But insurance will cost a lot more than what I'm paying right now so I don't want to get it. I see no point in spending over $800/person on health insurance. I'll just pay whatever is needed out of pocket, at least that's what I had hoped if not for obamacare... I might be be better off just staying out of the country because clearly the US is not the country I grew up to love and protect and it seems that the majority prefer it this way. Any time I go out and raise my voice, nobody cares regardless of the logical points that I make. =/ So to think that a third world country is likely a better place to live in than the US these days is ridiculous but not out of the question. Give it 3-years and it'll be better to live in Mexico than the US giving the rate of which the US is downgrading.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hope you didn't think I was knocking you.

We have a huge problem on our hands. There is no quick or easy fix to our problems. The government got us into this mess and I am afraid that they are not going to be the ones to get us out. The government is in the hands of big and greedy entities, so it is not going to show us a way out of our prison.

We are going to have to face facts, tighten our belts and roll up our sleeves.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by beezzer

I hope you didn't think I was knocking you.

We have a huge problem on our hands. There is no quick or easy fix to our problems. The government got us into this mess and I am afraid that they are not going to be the ones to get us out. The government is in the hands of big and greedy entities, so it is not going to show us a way out of our prison.

We are going to have to face facts, tighten our belts and roll up our sleeves.

Exactly. And if that means starting our own HMO's, CO-OP's, Insurance companies. . . then so be it.

My rather snarky title comes from the shock I had when I found out that a provision in Obamacare allowed for the creation of CO-OP's in the first place!

We can't put our faith or trust in government. We have to count on ourselves. A government grant was just an option, it is definitely NOT mandatory.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then I am with you. I believe in the American will, heart and spirit. We just can't allow ourselves to be contaminated or infiltrated by the government minions.

We just have to hold on to the can do spirit and constantly remind ourselves, if it is too easy, stop, look and make sure that everything is as it should be.

A slipped gear is easy to turn but it won't get you anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join