It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The ACA funds private, nonprofit health insurers called Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans—CO-OPs.

Like how medicare, and medicaid, and the US government is are 'non profit's' ?

So not only am I paying for my own healthcare,someone elses, I get hit again by co ops.

I was mad before, but now I am damn right p' od.

edit on 11-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

AshleyD
Now I don't feel so bad and am glad I'm not the only one with the capitalist spirit!

I have been researching investment opportunities in insurance companies.

Figured if the government was going to force people to buy something, I might own/have an interest in the venture! LOL!

Oppourtunities are found in the oddest places sometimes.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

neo96

The ACA funds private, nonprofit health insurers called Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans—CO-OPs.

Like how medicare, and medicaid, and the US government is are 'non profit's' ?

So not only am I paying for my own healthcare,someone elses, I get hit again by co ops.

I was mad before, but now I am damn right p' od.

Unless you invest in one. (looking to make lemonade out of lemons. . . )

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bunny Cross/Bunny Shield?
Special discounts for hare restoration procedures.
:p

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

burdman30ott6
reply to post by beezzer

Bunny Cross/Bunny Shield?
Special discounts for hare restoration procedures.
:p

Thumper Insurance.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What would have made a ton of sense to me would be to show that we are setting aside say $200 per month in some sort of trust account to only be used on medical care as individuals and if we could produce records showing that we had money set aside specifically for healthcare then we would be exempt from penalty or participation in Obamacare.

Shoot when you go to the doctor with cash you ALWAYS get a reduced rate, so why not for the people who dont get sick very often to manage their own healthcare? I would participate in something like that for sure, and I would know I had my money for an emergency instead of hoping someone else pays my bill.

Sure its not perfect, but it would keep uncle sam outta my pocket even more.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

beezzer
I haven't gone insane.
This is not a sign of the apocalypse.

Why not an ATS CO-OP?

Work the system! Screw the man!

I'm in!

Nice catch beezzer! :thumbsup:

link   
reply to post by beezzer

The whole 'healthcare' debate is an insult to every person living here.

Hell it is a corporate product, but more because it is all political conspriracy theories rolled in to one:

Big pharma,Big insurance,Medical device manufactures, and the list goes on.(corporations)

Anyone is free to start up there own business, and finance it themselves, or venture capitalists, or them bloody evil banks.

But not at the expense of the rest of us because a political party is on a power trip legislating what corporate products those shills on capitol hill deem we 'want'.

Milking most people for decades to pay for those who are using it, and paying little or nothing in return is absolute bull snip.

link   
If you go your whole life without using any of your money then it would roll over as a 'life insurance' policy to whomever you named as a benefactor.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Interesting....

Essentially the co-op provision requires the Department of Health and Human Services to pay up to $6 billion in grants and loans for the creation of state-licensed nonprofit health plans, beginning in 2013. The legislative outlines for the program are rather vague, with only a few real requirements designed to make them truly "consumer oriented,"such as:

- They must be state-based nonprofits, and any profits generated must go to the benefit of members.

- They must be governed by majority vote of members, and any governing documents must incorporate ethics and conflict-of-interest standards against insurance industry involvement.

- HHS must, by regulation, ensure that the organization operates with a strong consumer focus.

- Any entity that was an insurance company as of July 2009 is not eligible to participate.

Also and more difficult

Yet instead of giving co-ops every possible tool to succeed, the law does a number of things to hold them back, such as:

- Prohibiting the plans from using any federal funds for marketing.

- Requiring them to pay back federal loans within five years and the grants within 15 years, which, for many plans, may not be sufficient time to generate the necessary revenue.

- Limiting their business to the individual and small group markets, making it more difficult for them to generate critical mass through large employer groups.

- Instructing the HHS secretary to ensure that the $6 billion for grants and loans is divided up so that at least one co-op will be located in each state. While this makes sense politically, it doesn't allow HHS to be strategic in its allocation of grants, ensuring that only the most promising plans have the capitalization they need to effectively compete.

Kaiser

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by beezzer

The whole 'healthcare' debate is an insult to every person living here.

Hell it is a corporate product, but more because it is all political conspriracy theories rolled in to one:

Big pharma,Big insurance,Medical device manufactures, and the list goes on.(corporations)

Anyone is free to start up there own business, and finance it themselves, or venture capitalists, or them bloody evil banks.

But not at the expense of the rest of us because a political party is on a power trip legislating what corporate products those shills on capitol hill deem we 'want'.

Milking most people for decades to pay for those who are using it, and paying little or nothing in return is absolute bull snip.

I know, friend Neo. I simply found this by accident.

As my wife is an RN, we currently have an impromptu (co-op) or an underground medical system going on right now. Like-minded nurses, nurse-practitioners, and docs are going underground all over the country.

By-passing government, insurance, banks, companies, IRS. . . just a doc, a patient and trying to do good.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo...

How about you be in charge of the ATS Co-Op retention department?

That mask might come in handy!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Does Thumper insurance cover GMO induced diseases that the government refuses to aknowledge?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

beezzer
.... and cranial-anal corrections.

hee-hee

A#$hat removal service! I fear you may struggle to keep up with demand....

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

RegisteredUser
reply to post by beezzer

Does Thumper insurance cover GMO induced diseases that the government refuses to aknowledge?

Absolutely!

At Thumper Insurance, we insure the fringe!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Artlogic

beezzer

hee-hee

See a need for a service, supply the demand!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Neo...

How about you be in charge of the ATS Co-Op retention department?

That mask might come in handy!

Why ?

Am i suppose to tax and force people in to co ops ?

I'd rather not.

People think co ops are great they just have a hipper rap of 'collective bargaining'.

No offense to the op or others here.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Right this way Mr. ATS. Please remove your britches, put on this sheet and have a seat on the table.....

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 10-11-13 by Mugen because: was late to the party

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

beezzer

Artlogic

beezzer

hee-hee

See a need for a service, supply the demand!

See obamacare has created an opportunity after all, some people may (at a cost
) see the light of day for the first time in there lives....I can think of a rather long list of people in dire need of such a service....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join