It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molly Stark Hospital EVPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Late last year some people and I went to the Molly Stark Hospital located north of Louisville, OH and conducted an investigation around the grounds. Shortly after we wrapped up and went home, I reviewed all of the recordings taken that night and found some pieces of audio which held what I believe to be EVPs.

...former Molly Stark Hospital, which served as a tuberculosis sanatorium in the 1930s. It became a state hospital for the mentally ill and the aged, which closed in 1995. -Wikipedia

Wikipedia page where this excerpt can be found

The ramp I was standing on when these EVPs were captured can we seen in the center of this photo. It leads up to the brown doors beneath the red piece of the building. What's interesting is we took recordings all around the building and not a single EVP was captured anywhere but on that ramp.

"Molly Stark Hospital as it appeared at the time of its dedication in August 1929." -Source

Below are the EVPs. I'm not an expert on enhancing an EVP in order to hear it at its clearest. I'm sure there's a better technique than what I've done. You may need to increase your audio a good amount as they can be difficult to hear at lower volumes.

EVP #1: The recording begins with a question I ask followed by a moment of waiting which has been enhanced in order to hear the EVP more clearly. There was a police or ambulance siren in the distance during this recording. The EVP is heard about six seconds after I finish asking the question. I ask "Did you die of tuberculosis?" It sounds like it is saying "It's a l...", but I honestly have no idea. Could it be responding intelligently and naming what it died from? Are there any diseases which sound like the EVP?
vocaroo.com...

EVP #2: Again, a question and then a waiting period which has also been enhanced. The EVP is heard at the very end. This appears to be an intelligent EVP as it responds to my request "...come speak into this device I'm holding in my hand," by saying what I believe to be "I don't want to."
vocaroo.com...

EVP #3: Same format as the previous two, though the EVP can be heard almost immediately after the question is asked. Another intelligent EVP as it responds to my question "Is there anything else you'd like to say?" with a somewhat drawn out "Yeah."
vocaroo.com...

EVP #4: The EVP can be heard soon after I finish saying "Walking down the ramp." It can be heard within the sound of me walking. Sounds like it is saying "You could ... ..." I can't make out the last word(s).
vocaroo.com...

So, after listening to these, what are your thoughts?
edit on 11-10-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

These were interesting - thanks for your post.

Not sure what to make of them. There is something clearly there but like you I'm not sure what is being said. I'm sure there are people here who are far more skilled at this than I.

Hopefully they'll stop by and give their opinions along with their advice as to how these an be cleaned up and better isolated and/or processed to give more information in the audible sense.

I'll keep an eye on your thread. S&F for your efforts and post.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I used a plug-in within winamp to slow all of the EVPs down to -50percent their original speed. From what I heard, after spending a reasonable amount of time on them, is they are all background noises, picked up by the recorder, EXCEPT for one where you ask if they died from tuberculosis. There is something distinct that could be attributed to more than background noises, and yet I couldn't make it out either.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You may have noticed if you've listened to them all that they first one (EVP #1) sounds like a female while the others all sound like male voices.

Thank you to all who have shown interest as well.

top topics

join