It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drone like flying object in norway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

guidetube
actually I was never sure if the person who gave it to me said it was taking pictures or not, I remember we talked about it possibly taking pictures so guess it was possible.

seems no other reason to be flying it?

So using that logic everyone who fly's a remote control aircraft of any description must be taking pictures also ?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

people I see who fly remote control helicopters and the such are usually sensible enough to do it in the wide open not built up areas which leads me to think they were young student / college age kids who like to shoot film. i am presuming though yes.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Who said it's taking pictures?

Nobody. I expect though it would be taking video, not pictures.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi all this way be of interest especially to our most paranoid members

Octocopter

Autodesk creates 3D model of headquarters

You see these thing are most likely to have a mundane reason to be in the air than the paranoia shown by many members on here.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
haven't heard to many crazy ideas why it would be there, yeah OK spying on folks but doubtful here that's why I wondered on what it was. commercially available suggest its not government and probably just some people messieng.

it being in a built up area is the main issue.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Zaphod58

intrptr
At over a 1000 bucks I kind of doubt that. At that price the first thing I think of is copper chopper...

Who said they're all over $1000?

www.ujtoys.com...
www.parallax.com...
www.amazon.com...

There are just three examples that are well under $1000.

I build quadcopters professionally and I can tell you the first link is the frame only, not the entire copter. A copter like that will run you $3500 complete if you build it yourself - $5,000+ if you have a professional build it for you. GPS systems for the copters start at $1000 and go up from there. Then you have motor costs, ESC, wiring, camera, camera gimbal, video transmitter/ receiver, and R/C transmitter/ receiver. The other links were low end copters and the bumblebee one is without flight controller, GPS, and transmitter/ receiver.

This industry is booming right now and the majority of these copters will be used by aerial photographers. Please remember aerial photography is NOT NEW. It's been around since the first airplane, this quadcopter experience is just a cheaper and easier way to achieve the same professional photography without having the expense of commercial aviation licenses and aircraft.

The FAA knows this and is working to provide legal airspace for this industry by 2015.

Bottom line, no conspiracy here just basic capitalist economics. Expect to see a lot more of these in the coming years. Yes they are being utilized by law enforcement and fire fighters but 80% of the quadcopter industry growth will be private photographers and media.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You should look up the quad-copter sighting location on YouTube every now and then. You might be able to find the aerial footage of the guy taking the picture of that thing having his picture taken while he's taking the picture. Or something like that.

Posting aerial footage videos seems to be an extension of the RC hobby now, so your odds of finding it are better than not. Most of those videos are pretty neat, although some may be considered a little reckless at times.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about something like this being flown in a built up area, the danger is insignificant compared to even riding a bicycle in a built up area.

There is very little weight or speed in them so very little kinetic energy to cause damage or injury.

Even the cheaper but serious models like the DJI phantom have GPS and autopilot and are capable of returning to base if the signal is lost.

One thing is for certain, while these are not common at the moment in the next 10 years or so you are going to be seeing a lot more of them. They are non-polluting, safe (much safer than other alternatives for their applications), and the applications are numerous, they have even been trialed (well part trial, part publicity stunt) for pizza delivery in the UK.

Like many things though, people do not understand and so choose not to trust them. Spying on people is not a good use for them as they make a sound and are easy to spot and bring down if you were so inclined.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was looking at drones,shapes+design,and found this,which looks a bit like what you captured in your pic:
www.abine.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Another one for your consideration:

www.theverge.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Cool, I have a remote controlled helicopter with video which is fun to fly, and watching the video after is pretty cool too.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blooregard
Even the cheaper but serious models like the DJI phantom have GPS and autopilot and are capable of returning to base if the signal is lost.

One thing is for certain, while these are not common at the moment in the next 10 years or so you are going to be seeing a lot more of them. They are non-polluting, safe (much safer than other alternatives for their applications), and the applications are numerous, they have even been trialed (well part trial, part publicity stunt) for pizza delivery in the UK.

Those DJI phantom drones are getting very popular I've seen them a few times in The UK lately.

Below are three videos I recorded yesterday, I have to say the drone is very awesome and fast and has a good air time and are easy to control. The three videos below were filmed by me yesterday at an area called the mermaid which is in central UK on the staffordshire/derbyshire/cheshire boarders.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Drone vs Helicopter - UK (16th May 2014)
youtu.be...

UAV DJI Phantom DRONE Close Up Caught on Cam UK - 16/05/2014
youtu.be...

RC Drone flying over Derbyshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire UK
youtu.be...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You could always get a Drone Net Gun:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join