It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drone like flying object in norway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This was photo'd today by someone I know.
Not really my topic of interest but never heard of drones being used in public areas around here.
Have no reason to believe its fake.
Very interested to know what it is and could have been doing,

Only think I can find about drones in Norway is this about drone made for looking for oil.
There is a good chance it is amateur type drone but was in middle of city/town center.

Curious as I want to know if it was taking photos.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

It's a quadcopter. They sell them as RC kits that anyone can buy if they have enough money. They range from a couple of hundred dollars, to upwards of $1000.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There are various designs on the market. And yes, someone was probably looking at you using their iphone.
www.untamedrc.com...

edit on 10/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
ok not to happy with someone flying that around a built up area but happy its not government.

appreciate quick replies.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yep, just a RC hobby quadracopter, someone was flying around checking people out, you weren`t nude sunbathing were you?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Im not scared of anyone knowing what Im up to even though Im not perfect I do what I want.
Even with my imperfections though it still irks me some numpty was flying this in a built up area.
Probably quite easy to loose control of it I would hazard.

Anyways...Mystery solved. I like to know what Im talking about when showing it at work or around the pub!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Despite others reassurances that its a "hobby thingy" (how do they know that?), I would keep my eyes peeled for the next couple weeks. It does appear to be the hex copter Phage brought a link for. If so it has about a kilometer range. I would want to know who is controlling it or programming it to fly over my house. It is unnerving to actually experience being spied upon regardless of who is doing it.

No big deal? That remains to be seen. Maybe its your local burglar scoping the neighborhood. Or a peeping tom peering in girls windows.

At over a 1000 bucks I kind of doubt that. At that price the first thing I think of is copper chopper...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
in noway that's not really so much kids spend that no problem on a toy.

i would love to know who was controlling, think it was a little cheeky but my first thought on knowing what it is was amateur photographers or students trying to do something different.

probably against the law whether private of government no?

not to cool doing it in built up area but mainly from a safety point of view, there's always someone watching no. im not exactly anti spying within limits.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I live in Norway, I've seen a few around Oslo. People will use them to take aerial photos. I've seen a couple cheap ones too used by kids at the park. Nothing to worry about.

**Edit**
reply to post by intrptr

You really need to get out more. For starters, these thing''s are everywhere in the stores ranging from micro versions to bigger ones for mounting cameras. I for one have one as a hobby (gasp!) as they're fun to fly around. I plan on getting a beefier version to hold a Canon 650D with Magic Lantern firmware for aerial video. Some people also custom build them just to fly them or use them like I will.

Seriously people, get a grip.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Auricom because: See **Edit**

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

intrptr
At over a 1000 bucks I kind of doubt that. At that price the first thing I think of is copper chopper...

Who said they're all over $1000?

www.ujtoys.com...
www.parallax.com...
www.amazon.com...

There are just three examples that are well under $1000.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

That's what Im thinking student type or younger artistic kids looking for a good shot. Kick up the backside if so.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Calm down dude. The price I quoted is at the bottom of the link Phage brought. I don't know its that specific model either. Although it "looks" very close. Besides, you surmised it a 'quad copter' in your post and I count at least 6 booms on the OP's photo.

And none of this lends to who is flying it anyway?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Boot up backside would suffice I think

Maybe getting old but all seems a bit irresponsible: using in built up area, the fact people are mass producing them and even what will be next

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And a number of so called "quadcopters" have more than four booms. It's a generic name for them. In fact the very first one I linked has six booms on it, but calls it a quadcopter. You can find a lot of them that have more than four rotors but still call them quadcopters.

www.r2hobbies.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If I see one over my block, and I really don't think I will as I'm in the bush, at that range, I'd shoot it out of the sky with really no colateral damage except nature. It would be amusing to take out one of the props and watch the flamin thing nose dive into the paddock and perhaps scare a couple of local kookaburras.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

guidetubeVery interested to know what it is and could have been doing,

It's one of Stoltenbergs drones, now that we have a new government he'll need them.

"conspiracy mode off"

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

intrptr

Despite others reassurances that its a "hobby thingy" (how do they know that?), I would keep my eyes peeled for the next couple weeks. It does appear to be the hex copter Phage brought a link for. If so it has about a kilometer range. I would want to know who is controlling it or programming it to fly over my house. It is unnerving to actually experience being spied upon regardless of who is doing it.

No big deal? That remains to be seen. Maybe its your local burglar scoping the neighborhood. Or a peeping tom peering in girls windows.

Who said it's taking pictures?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
actually I was never sure if the person who gave it to me said it was taking pictures or not, I remember we talked about it possibly taking pictures so guess it was possible.

seems no other reason to be flying it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join