It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims UAV Technologies to Easily Hit Tel Aviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

IRGC Aerospace Force commander, General Hajizadeh, made a speech containing references to the CIA-operated UAV downed in Iran. In the finale, he says we do not need to develop ICBMs since using more flexible and intelligent technologies that we do possess now we are able to hit specific targets, say Tel-Aviv, rather easily.

Source

That's a pretty bold statement, this could (if it's true) mean that ICBMs are only a part of the worries if Iran goes nuclear.

It seems they're trying to hint at saying that they got stealth but without coming forward and saying it. Which would mean they used the tech from the RQ-170.

However, with their past claims I don't entirely believe it. Now the translation came from a site which I'm not sure if I could link, I would think they got it right though.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Israel has been getting practice swatting UAVs lately. They've launched on several of them including three separate ones on one day last week.

China has unveiled a UAV based on the RQ-170, but I haven't seen any evidence that it's an armed copy. So even if they copy it, it would be unarmed, unless they built a bigger version, which would probably lose some stealthiness.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
While getting a UAV to travel such long distances is a achievement for Iran, been able to defeat a world class anti-air defense system (iron dome) while not being detected on search radar is even harder.

No offence to Iran however there latest UAV's they have been designing certainly are not stealth or in my mind being able to come close to what Israel have. The complexity and accuracy of modern tomahawks is very surprising though in the sense of what a flying bomb can do, I do believe they can be nuclear armed and fired from a variety of platforms including submarines.

I do agree though that ICBM's are outdated in the classical fashion in the sense they often need permanent silo's, specific warheads and can be monitored very easily when they are going to be used. Its hard to disagree though that ICBM's are often much harder to shoot down once in flight and have allot more of an intimidation factor than a glorified remote control plane.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

Although the Iron Dome is impressive, it will not stop 100% of the enemy projectiles. Must be nice to have the US pay for a big portion of their defense while the US can't even keep it's own house in order...or on budget.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

They've launched on several of them including three separate ones on one day last week.

I should like to see a link for that? Also showing whose drones they were (no cartoons please).

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They don't know who they belong to, they only know that they're coming in as unidentified aircraft, entering restricted zones.

The Jerusalem Post has reported that on Sept. 28, two Israeli Air Force (IAF) jets were scrambled to intercept two unidentified objects over Northern Israel.

The report is very limited in detail as it does not state whether an intercept was made or the two objects departed Israeli airspace.

Quoting Israeli TV Channel 2 news, they also said another jet was scrambled over an unnamed southern city; no further details are known about this episode either, although the Times of Israel said that this jet had taken off from the Tel Nof Air Force base and flew over Haifa, in what it is believed to be a series of intrusions by drones.

The Times of Isreal also posted a link to the Channel 2 website which has a video of what it says was the F-15 that scrambled over Haifa.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They don't know who they belong to...

Thank you that hardly clears it up. I just wanted to be sure since this is a thread about Iranian drones threatening Israel.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Zaph, what would China do without creative people to copy from? Has China ever designed an all home-grown aircraft from complete scratch?

Hell, has China invented anything that everyone else copies?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And where did I say that Israel had launched on Iranian UAVs? I simply said they were getting practice going after UAVs, which will make it harder for anyone to get a UAV through.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Actually yes, they have several quite nice indigenous designs. But they're smart to license build. One of these days I'll PM you the story of the mysterious 727 that they showed off to a Boeing exec many years ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Sweet! I mean it's smart to copy designs ... Hell, that's how I learned HTML. But eventually technical knowledge without creativity can only go so far.

Okay, we DID try an attempt to copy their food....miserably. Although the lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs are pretty darn good anyway

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

And where did I say that Israel had launched on Iranian UAVs?

You didn't. Thanks for the link that stated they don't "even know whether they were actually drones at all".

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Those aren't the only ones they've launched on, just the most recent. There have been a number of launches on UAVs over Israel lately, and they don't know where they're coming from. Ones that they know are UAVs, and have actually seen.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Actually yes, they have several quite nice indigenous designs. But they're smart to license build. One of these days I'll PM you the story of the mysterious 727 that they showed off to a Boeing exec many years ago.

Is that the one they showed off to Joe Sutter?
and he advised them not to fly it

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

That would be the one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Iran hitting Israel with anything other than outdated and inferior UAV's is the same as North Korea actually hitting the USA with something effective and deadly.

Not likely and even if they did manage to it would be ineffective at best. Israel is fine. Iran is all talk just like NK is.

Lots of claims and temper tantrums like a bunch of little kids. No worries.

top topics

join