It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man's Clever Idea to Fight Frackers and Save His Organic Farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Alternet: One Man's Clever Idea to Fight Frackers and Save His Organic Farm

This is brilliant. I'm hoping that more will follow his example and put a stop to the blatent poisoning of the land.

He did more than just act against fracking when he became the first private property owner in the United States to use a deed easement recognizing the Rights of Nature.

I had no idea this could be done... I'm wondering if Land Trusts could effectively do the same.

“This easement is not only about about preserving land for organic agriculture; it also speaks to a paradigm shift that is needed in our thinking so that we recognize that we are part of nature, not lords over it. Our long history is catching up with us. We’re either going to turn around our thinking and behavior, or we are going to leave a wasteland for future generations,” said Cleghorn.

Couldn't agree more... we are custodians of the land for future generations. It's not anyone's right to exploit resources at all costs.

Cleghorn accepts that the easement could devalue his property because it restricts the use of the land, but he believes that defending Nature’s rights is more important. Since it is attached to the deed, even when the deed changes hands, the new owners will have to comply with its terms.

A small sacrifice to make to ensure the land stays pristine when it passes to someone else.

Good for you Mr. Cleghorn. Well done Sir.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

s & f for this thread blarneystoner it put a smile on my coupon i love to hear of someone giving it large to those big corporations

circulate this story far and wide a.t.s

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I hope it gets some attention as well. You probably won't see this story reported by any of the major news networks... they don't want to bite the hand the feeds.

new topics

join