It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Dean is a liar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't recall Bob or anyone ever claiming his entire company was killed. That is a lot of people BTW. a reply to: sean

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
His name is Robert Orel Dean, not "ORVEL". I doubt the Archives has everyone in a computer database who served in the Army for the past 60 years. I envision them digging through boxes of paperwork. Probably more a testament of how crappy the feds keep track of things. Because we all know what someone's service number or SSN was right? a reply to: schuyler

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Excellently stated my friend! a reply to: schuyler

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well put my friend! ALso, technically his rank when he retired was CSM (Command Sergeant Major), not CMS . a reply to: Totemic

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
RIP: 1929-2018

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
On the alleged shape assesment

"In conclusion, extensive searches of NATO and SHAPE archives have failed to find the alleged "Assessment” itself or even the slightest hint that such a study was every carried out. Given the huge effort that Mr. Dean alleges went into this study and the extended time period during which it was prepared (2½ years according to Mr. Dean), it seems inconceivable that not even the slightest trace of this massive study and the resulting "Assessment” would remain anywhere in NATO or SHAPE, if the document had actually
5existed. I therefore stand by my original conclusion from 1991, which is that no such document was ever produced by SHAPE or NATO and thus it could not have been seen by Mr. Dean while he served at SHAPE"

Link

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Bob had joined the ROTC program and was drafted for the Korean War in 1950. Following his commissioning at Officer
Candidate School, Fort Riley, Kansas, he served in combat as an Infantry Unit Commander (2nd Lt, USA Reserve).
While stationed in Germany (1954-1957) as a 1st Lt., he was caught up in President Eisenhower’s ongoing Reduction in
Force and was offered an Honorable Discharge or a transfer to the enlisted ranks. As a Non-Commissioned Officer, he
served in numerous assignments at Fort Huachuca, AZ, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE), Paris,
France, Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Vietnam and in
numerous Intelligence Field Operations in Laos and Cambodia.

from his obit - explains the commission - and transition from Officer to NCO - credence

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Bob had joined the ROTC program and was drafted for the Korean War in 1950. Following his commissioning at Officer
Candidate School, Fort Riley, Kansas, he served in combat as an Infantry Unit Commander (2nd Lt, USA Reserve).
While stationed in Germany (1954-1957) as a 1st Lt., he was caught up in President Eisenhower’s ongoing Reduction in
Force and was offered an Honorable Discharge or a transfer to the enlisted ranks. As a Non-Commissioned Officer, he
served in numerous assignments at Fort Huachuca, AZ, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE), Paris,
France, Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Vietnam and in
numerous Intelligence Field Operations in Laos and Cambodia.
a reply to: FlyingTeacup
from his obit

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dunno about his SHAPE story, but this is one of the fake 'space UFO' photos he promoted relentlessly -- and dishonestly:

i.ytimg.com...

Deliberate fraud, no other rational explanation.
edit on 1-9-2019 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This one, too.

www.universo7p.it...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
This one, too.

www.universo7p.it...

I thought that image on the screen look familiar!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Dunno about his SHAPE story, but this is one of the fake 'space UFO' photos he promoted relentlessly -- and dishonestly:

i.ytimg.com...

Deliberate fraud, no other rational explanation.

I was never a Bob Dean fan 'cause seeing him or hearing him would automatically set off my bs alarm. To refute this photo as being nothing but a booster section of the craft which can be seen on the bottom edge of the high resolution photo below, all you have to do is go to Google Images and look for a higher resolution photo of Dean's photo that will allow you to read the image number which is as12-51-8553. Then search for the high resolution photo that the close-up is from, AS12-50-7346 which I've included below. Imagine in front of you is a table and there's a can of Coke on it. Approach the table and the viewing angle of the can's top resembles the booster open top.

Apollo Image Atlas
AS12-50-7346
Apollo Image Atlas
Image Collection: 70mm Hasselblad
Mission: 12
Magazine: 50
Magazine Letter: Q
Description: S-IV-B; LUNAR MODULE EDGE
Film Type: 368
Film Width: 70 mm
Film Color: color
Hi Resolution Image(s): Print Resolution JPG (2.7 MB)

edit on 3-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

edit on 3-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I'll go ahead and do the DD-214 thing.

You cannot request or acquire a DD-214 unless you are either the veteran or a member of the family of a deceased veteran. Or unless it has been 62 years since the veteran left service which would be the year 2037. You can file a Form SF180 since you are neither the veteran or a member of the deceased veteran's family but you are going to have to obtain the authorization signature from the guardian of his family if you want any real info. Otherwise you are going to make a request as a general member of the public and I would imagine you will receive very little info.

Dean retired as a Command Sergeant Major so I would doubt his claims to being an officer unless of course he began as an officer then switched to enlisted which would be an odd choice.

I've never found him to be credible. He shows multiple signs of intent to deceive every time he speaks.

edit on 3-9-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join