It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Dean is a liar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In this interview he claims that he was a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. Not once but three times. At 11:09, 12:43 and 13:18 he says he was a Lieutenant in Korea.

This is an early video, it's one of the first Camelot videos that interviews Bob Dean, it was made before Project Camelot turned Bob Dean into the "super star" that he has become and that he brags about. So he probably thought that this was a one off event and that nobody would watch this and that nobody would notice.

It's pretty well established (by Bob Dean) that Bob Dean held the rank of Command Sergeant Major which Bob Dean or his interviewers laborously remind the public.

This first interview he claims that he was an officer, a Lieutenant. Why lie about your rank in the military like that? Clearly Bob Dean is a liar and a fraud.

Here is Bill Ryan, Steve Bassett and everybody making a big deal that Bob Dean is a Command Sergeant Major. At 5:37

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And you're surprised? Im not a researcher nor have I ever written a book about the subject. But I have read countless books and listened to hundreds of podcast dealing with this "field". I've learned two things.
1. People are full of sh#$.
2. People are full of sh#$.

I truly believed there are honest people out there but they are outnumbered by the crazies. Its a shame . The "field" is tarnished.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

Project Camelot and the people affiliated with it are some of the biggest crocks of crap out there.
David Icke,David Wilcock,John Lear,Duncan O'Finnian,Dan Burisch etc etc
The list of idiots and snakeoil salesmen goes on and on.

All of them have stories...nothing more.

For Bob Dean to get caught in a lie is no surprise to me.

Its sad that some people take the words of these idiots as gospel.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I wouldn't say everyone, the ones you listed yes. Bill Marrs was on Project Camelot and he's a great conspiracy theorist.

-SAP-
edit on 11-10-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The pony tail and bolo never helped his credibility either.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Project Camelot and the people affiliated with it are some of the biggest crocks of crap out there.

Icke isn't in the same boat as the others you mentioned. He has some good info in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

David Wilcock, lol how does this guy still get gigs? Or anyone else that made stupid assed 2012 claims.

And Duncan O'Finnian... Thats the dude with arm 'wired for death' right? So beyond a derpmoment there.

Dan Burisch... no comment.

But I really cant stand that woman from projectcamelot, dunno why her name escapes me right now.

Kerry Cassidy! yeaaaaaah.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One thing you may consider is that often in war people are given Field Commissions of a higher rank or Officer. However, it does not remain their rank after the war, they return to whatever rank the held before the field commission. If he was a command seargent major, he could have been given a field commission of Lt.

Now, I haven't watched his videos or anything, so I don't know what contxt he was saying he was a Lt.

A battlefield commission is awarded to enlisted soldiers who are promoted to the rank of commissioned officer for outstanding leadership on the field of battle.

Here is an article in Wikipedia on Battlefield Promotions.
Source

edit on 11/10/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Project Camelot SOUNDS like the name for a gvt DISINF ops, and it actually may be one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

spirit_horse
One thing you may consider is that often in war people are given Field Commissions of a higher rank or Officer. However, it does not remain their rank after the war, they return to whatever rank the held before the field commission. If he was a command seargent major, he could have been given a field commission of Lt.

Now, I haven't watched his videos or anything, so I don't know what contxt he was saying he was a Lt.

A battlefield commission is awarded to enlisted soldiers who are promoted to the rank of commissioned officer for outstanding leadership on the field of battle.

Here is an article in Wikipedia on Battlefield Promotions.
Source

edit on 11/10/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)
If he was a CSM he would have never been given a battle field commission.
Also from wiki;

United States Army
In the U.S. Army, sergeant major refers to both a military rank and a specific leadership position. It is the highest enlisted rank, just above first sergeant and master sergeant, with a pay grade of E-9, NATO rank OR-9 . The leadership position—command sergeant major—is the senior enlisted advisor to the commanding officer and carries with it certain ceremonial functions such as caring for the unit's colors (flag). Additionally, command sergeants major serve as monitors of, and advocates for, the enlisted soldiers in the command. This position mostly exists in units of battalion size and larger.
It's a mostly desk job with very few going out into battle. Handing out a commission to a CSM would devalue the persons usefulness to a military unit.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What a pile a fruit loops the whole lot are. They look like some bored book club or one of those groups getting together playing Magic the Gathering.

Not a person in there talks with an ounce of credibility. Bullshiz through and through.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Considered and rejected. What battlefield promotion for what war? he was born in 1929 making him ineligible for WW II and barely of age for the Korean War. A Command Sergeant Major is an E-9, the highest enlisted rank available (except a single "Sergeant Major of the Army" position) and is, quite frankly, far superior in experience, prestige, and even pay compared to a Lieutenant, which is the lowest officer grade.

Consider:

A 14 year O-2E (1st lieutenant with prior enlisted service) makes $5311 a month base pay
A 28 year E-9 (Sergeant Major) makes $6400 a month base pay

Why did I cut off the O-2 at 14 years? because he won't get any more raises. So it makes no economic sense at all, and no career sense either because a Sgt. Major is a lot more valuable and respected than a Lieutenant.

Yes, there is such a thing as a "Battlefield Commission" but it is rarely used and only because of extreme leadership and heroic actions, which, if Dean had done, we would have heard about. If you want to read about Battlefield Promotions you may discover the Army didn't even use them during Dean's time of service, which would have been the Vietnam Era.

If someone were to submit a Form 180 to the military archives site my guess is he would find some interesting information. Here's one right here. Dean has not provided any corroboration for his career. All we know about him is that he was born in Robert Orel Dean on March 2, 1929.

So, nice idea, but there is simply no reason to invoke it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Bob Dean seems to be of high character imo. Just because he retired as enlisted does not mean he was not an officer during the time he had his experiences.

I was ten years air force and worked with a lady that was passed over for her officer promotion. She went into an E-5 position late in her career to finish out her retirement. Becoming an officer in the U.S. military is difficult, holding those positions are even more difficult.

Until you can prove this did not happen to him, I'd lay off.

Rich

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oouthere
Bob Dean seems to be of high character imo. Just because he retired as enlisted does not mean he was not an officer during the time he had his experiences.

I was ten years air force and worked with a lady that was passed over for her officer promotion. She went into an E-5 position late in her career to finish out her retirement. Becoming an officer in the U.S. military is difficult, holding those positions are even more difficult.

Until you can prove this did not happen to him, I'd lay off.

Rich

No. Until you can prove it DID happen, lay off. There is the merest hint of a possibility that this happened to Dean, and you can't simply trot it out as truth because there is a slim possibility that such a thing CAN happen. Occam's Razor would suggest that Dean has been caught out changing his story. There's no doubt Dean was enlisted. There are pictures of him as a First Sergeant, an E-7, though none I have seen that show him as an E-9. I'm not denying he was; it's just that I have not seen any verification.

Dean has never claimed he got a Battlefield Commission. This is just an idea brought up by someone here in an attempt to explain the very apparent contradiction in published video testimony that he has offered over the years.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This is an early video, it's one of the first Camelot videos that interviews Bob Dean, it was made before Project Camelot turned Bob Dean into the "super star" that he has become and that he brags about.

Superstar is a gross exaggeration. A recognised Ufo personality is a better description. Theres no doubt Dean love the camera attention but I have no doubt the basic story as he originally told it is true. The later add ons are his feels mixed into the story and some of that is to keep the attention coming.

As for Camelot I have never met one person ever who has argued they have have credibility, in fact the opposite they will say they are a self serving mob out for attention.

Kary is not a good interview, the Bill is a reasonable interviewer. Lets face it Kary is only on camera cause shes a Milf.

I only look at Camelot interviews when I feel like an ego boost to show there are clearly more stupid people than myself in this world.

edit on 11-10-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, we could do some checking. There is access to military records for third parties, but we don't have a ton of information. We can make a rough guess of when he was in the service. We know which branch. We know his birth date, and he has an unusual middle name. That MIGHT be enough to pull a DD-214, but it also might be too little and enough to let the DoD reject the inquiry. It would also probably take several weeks for an inquiry to go through.

His time at Indiana can also be verified, but it costs $15. I don;t know whether it is worth it or not. If others here think it might be, I'll go ahead and do the DD-214 thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Lys,

Your "star" count is absolutely off the hook!

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread, but had to tell ya!

And yes, after watching the videos I can say this man is a liar. Are there not laws for people that perpetrate

they were in the service or received medals and such? Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If he lied about his time in the military, I think it would have been contradicted by now by someone who was in service with him, or by someone with more authority than the OP. Someone who was in NATO for a full career would make a lot of friends and perhaps a few enemies; the truth would come out.

Maybe he misspoke, getting the times he was in certain countries and the number of stripes he had at any given time mixed up; if you want to debunk him, go after his testimony, not something silly like this. It feels a lot like grasping at straws.

As far as Project Camelot's name, Kerry once said she called it that because she liked the idea of Camelot, King Arthur, the Round Table, etc. It's their business, they can call it anything they want. Both Kerry and Bill Ryan (now separate investigators, Bill's being Project Avalon) have stated that they interview lots of people in an attempt to get to the truth; they don't vouch for any given person as being completely honest and have oftentimes stated right up front that they have misgivings about some of the interviews, but prefer to let people make up their own minds. They've produced some wonderful material and a heckuva lot is available for free, for which I am thankful.

I you think you can do better, get a camera and start finding people willing to talk to you...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I have seen their interviews and know I could do better but I have my own life to live and don't have the time to chase shadow people. Kari has all the time in the world to do this because I have an inside source who tells me shes financially well off, which means she has all the time in the world that average joes do not. If I had as much free time as her working on that yes I could do better.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

signalfire

Maybe he misspoke, getting the times he was in certain countries and the number of stripes he had at any given time mixed up; if you want to debunk him, go after his testimony, not something silly like this. It feels a lot like grasping at straws.

Well, Those in the Military would say that not a simple mistake.

Its one of the worst type of mistakes ex-Military can make. If he cant fundamentally distinguish his rank, or even clarify the mistake he made, WHY would anyone want to believe him for the rest of his story?

Hes also "using" his rank like a resume. Its not grasping at straws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join