It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots union warns of 'dry run' by possible terrorists on US flight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Eryiedes

UpEndedWorld
Since no planes were hi-jacked on 9/11, I guess that means the last attempted hi-jacking in the U.S. was in 1994 then.
So nothing really to worry about people, on the average.

Works out globally to 0.421 planes a year so yeah...I think we're safe.

-Amitaba-

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

It will be just my look to get caught up on that half a plane!
What to do Zaphod? To fly or not to fly? That is (half) the question!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Making a joke alluding that someone living in a "mud hut" is backwards IS racist (considering they are all brown people)...whether you want to admit it or not. That's the great thing about the truth. It doesn't require you to agree with it to be anything more than what it is. As for the rest...stop focusing on your ego and lets not derail the thread.

-Amitaba-

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

SMR

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I love those who play the race card and most the time it's on assumption.
I dont care what color you are. Fact, White extremists that live in the Middle-East and want to terrorize America and Western civilization, live in caves and mud-huts.
Am I being racist towards Whites now. While being White myself?

You brought on the derailment with your sarcasm and lack of info. If you have some rational explanation as to why this story is fear mongering, then state it. Otherwise move on. Replying without facts or reason is pointless.
Now tell me, or give me rather, some rebuttal about how this story is just a bunch of pilots fear mongering to shift thinking away from the current debit crisis. Give me reasons why and dont say 'search the internet' because that's not what this forum is for.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

It's fear mongering because the odds of it happening to you are so remote you have a better chance of getting hit by a car RIGHT AT THIS INSTANT than being a victem of terrorism.
Struck by lightning TWICE on the head and STILL never become a victem of Al-Kinda.
It's like living in McMurdo on the Antarctic continent and being scared of catching the "Louisiana Brain-Eating Bacteria in the water"....it's JUST not gonna happen.
(At least I'm pretty sure it won't!)
That's (IMO) why.
Win the lottery twice and you'll STILL never come close to being hijacked like that.
I am not saying "ftw".
I am not saying "forget about the enemies America has created" in the war on terror.
I'm just saying you have a better chance of being killed by a cop than being killed by a terrorist.

(My chances just became 50-50 as I typed that)

(Just kidding I hope!)

-Amitaba-

edit on 11-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sarcasm

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
bathroom next to the cockpit? arent they on the other end usually? with all the food carts?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Zaphod58
Turkish 1476 in 2006.
Air West in 2007.
Air Mauritanie in 2007.
Atlasjet in 2007.
Eagle Airways in 2008.
Sun Air in 2008.
Canjet in 2009.
Aeromexico in 2009.

All were successful hijackings, and all since 9/11 when security and passenger awareness is supposed to be higher.

To be fair, there is more to the story of those you posted; some were not even successful and some the passengers never knew about.

Turkish 1476 -- Greece airspace, originating from Albania en route to Turkey. While successfully hijacked, the goal was not met and the hijack attempt ultimately was indicative of the typical hijacking cases.
Air West in 2007 -- originating from the Sudan to another city in Sudan. The pilot successfully informed the hijacker that they could not make it to London and apparently the passengers has no idea they were actually hijacked.
Air Mauritanie in 2007 -- originating from Mauritania.
Atlasjet in 2007 -- Which one? The one that crashed? Due to spatial disorientation (or so the claim goes); not successful by any means since it wasn't a hijacking.
Eagle Airways in 2008 -- Not successful; attacker subdued.
Sun Air in 2008 -- Another Sudanese airliner...how does this equate to American vigilance?
Canjet in 2009 -- Never departed.

Maybe I am missing your point, but these are 'classic' hijackings that Americans were used to. I don't think any of those would have occurred or ended the way they did if they were domestic flights. Could be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thank Goodness for the TSA checking these guys prior to the flight or they may have pulled something off.
So I take it the Pilots union have no faith in the system in place making us all so safe from terrorist being able to fly. Sad.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

Not in business class.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I first flew 38 years ago.
Around the time they were hijacking planes, shooting flight attendants or passengers,
and dumping their bodies on the tarmac if their demands weren't met!
I last flew a year ago.
Would have to think for awhile to try and remember
how many domestic & international flights I've been on.

Never saw anybody sprint to the bathroom...even on a 14 hour flight!
Never saw three people stand up & change their seats at the same time,
especially during a flight... or while someone else was 'sprinting'!

Never saw three people in unison go into overhead compartments...
unless it was before the flight started, or after the plane had landed!
Much less after all having changed their seats...!

So yeah...something like that would definitely grab my attention,
especially three uncommon occurrences in a row...no matter what hue they were!!!

Other things that SHOULD be attention getters???
Someone wearing a trench coat in warm weather.
Someone not wearing a coat in winter weather.
Someone without a carry on, on an international flight.

Anyone who was acting nervous, or paying too much attention to the flight crew.
Anyone who you saw staring at you & they didn't look away when you caught them.
Are these examples of profiling??? I don't think so!!!

No more than seeing a guy, sitting in a park staring at children for a long time!
Certain things make the hair stand up on the back of your neck & raise red flags!
It's survival instinct!
We're not listening for wolves stalking us through the brush anymore.
The 'modern' world has us attuned to different dangers!

As far as security issues go...
I was ''snagged' twice going through to get on a flight into the US.
Once because I had two, plastic, 3 inch zip ties, in the outer pocket of my carry on.
I had used them on my checked luggage instead of using a lock.
I figured a lock might look suspicious & they are allowed to cut them off.
So I thought a zip tie would deter a thief who was in a hurry,
& it could still be cut off if my luggage needed more scrutiny.
Forgot I had extras with me. No problems leaving the country, just coming back in!

The TSA inspector said they could be used to handcuff people!
I wanted to say 'On who, infants?' But you keep your mouth shut at times like that!!!
The other thing that flagged my luggage was a couple of bars of coconut soap.
The guy said they scanned like gels!!!
I was nervous on every connecting flight after that!!!
My family was very embarrassed because Grandma got 'flagged'...twice!!!

So they are pretty thorough, or maybe I have a suspicious face! Lol!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Greetings,

This has been taken way too far...

TSA loudspeakers threaten travelers with arrest for making jokes about security:

www.youtube.com...

I'm tempted to buy a plane ticket just to troll those guys.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Do you even know what they're talking about? They're talking about if they ask to look at the aerosol can in your bag, and you say "What, you think it's a pipe bomb?" I hate to tell you this, but that's been illegal since security started. I put signs up long before the TSA came along that comments like that could result in jail time and a $250,000 fine. I've also seen a number of people removed from flights for making that exact joke.

But by all means, please do buy a ticket and troll them and see how far it gets you.
edit on 10/12/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The TSA now pauses to sing the national anthem...

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles..."

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If the threat was real you would be having your carry on luggage checked by polite Green Berets or better.

Instead you get badly trained wannabe cops on minimum wage who grope kiddies.

Another dog and pony show. It is all about control of the masses.

P

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Eryiedes
The TSA now pauses to sing the national anthem...

"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles..."

-Amitaba-

If that were actually true, you wouldn't have to worry about TSA in airports because merely voicing it would land you on American No-Fly lists. I believe I can see the island of tyranny from where we're standing ..but we aren't there yet. We'll know we are when we can't ask if we are anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I have stood up and ran to the bathroom on an airplane because of the nasty airline food.

I don't appear to be middle eastern though, so I suppose it was ok for me to.

ParanoidSchizoTardation, that's all that's wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

yes... the dangers on flights or any other mass transportation systems have changed over the years...

so new measures are needed.... since 'Profiling' is banned and engaging 'bouncer types' instead of passive flight-attendants is not an option

there is no alternative than to let the unpredictable SSRI doped masses free to do their acts... you being a passive & non threating person with no agenda or political/ religious axe-to-grind are the minority and in the PC climate of today....must accept all the risks of traveling by air, rail, ship

...unless of course you are one of the elites who have corporate or governmental transportation available for your use

you can keep on spinning-your-wheels but there is no solution to terrorists or rage by people that flip out

? where are the Flight Marshalls for the incident where 1 person-of-interest sprinted towards the cockpit and 3 others simeotaneously sprang from their seats in unexpected /unusual activity

perhaps we should get sedation and be hooked up to catheters & enclosed in a protective bubble as the approved way to fly

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Agreed. The Pilots Union doesn't take releasing warnings like these lightly. Maybe it's all just coincidental but the flight crews need a heads-up if there is even a heightened possibility. I've never known the Pilots Union to release a warning based on a single, isolated incident. My guess is that the details they released are perhaps the most suspicious but there have been enough other incidents to cause concern. And all thus comes on the heels of several specific threats made by terrorist groups. Certainly worth a heads-up.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're probably right.
Not even the Wermacht would be evil enough to grope children at every checkpoint they operate out of.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ahhh yes, the government and president approval ratings are in the TOILET, so let's scare people.

The government will save them from terrorists AGAIN! And we will love them again.
Really
Twelve years later when you can barely get on a plane without a TSA proctologist checking out before boarding, somehow terrorists will manage a dry run.
Reaallyyy....

Blah blah blah
Yadda yadda yadda

Tell them to get new writers already. The old ones write seriously stale stuff.

edit on 10/12/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Neh.
I'd say the public is completely bored to death with this crap at this point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join