It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Asteroid Impact Prediction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

3n19m470
We should have a perimeter network of probes around our solar system. A veritable Dyson sphere of satellites to watch for incoming objects of all types. Also to get a better look of what our system is heading towards.

That would mean advancing beyond our current tribal warfare state of existance. Not going to happen in our lifetimes, I'm afraid ....

Despite advances in technology, we are emotionally and logically still in the stone age.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Rosinitiate

No one ever lived 800 years.

Oh, cool! I always wanted to meet someone who has monitored from birth to death every human who ever existed! But since nobody has ever lived 800 years, I'm guessingyou have done this through reincarnation?

Wow, remembering every one of your past loves is yet another amazingly impossible achievement of yours! Not to mention possessing the intelligence at a young age required to immediately continue your research left off from the past life....

Wait...I think I know your secret...

Dude... Cmon... Admit it... You're God aren't you? I knew you were down here masquerading as a common human, checking up on us... It's cool, just deny it and act like I'm some crazy person, so then nobody will know your true identity. Nobody would believe it anyways. Proclaiming yourself to be god is kind of a thing here... Buy you did not directly proclaim it...you simply left a trail of clues for an alert believer to discover the truth, that's how I know its really you this time.

See, the average person might just think you are a pretentious...something or other, with those comments of yours... Some might think that a more reasonable thing to say would be "Nobody has yet DISCOVERED any humans that lived over 800 years TO MY KNOWLEDGE." As that would be openly acknowledging the limits of your knowedge, and thus identifying yourself as a human. But I can see that you are clearly God through the logical and reasonable deduction of the clues you have cleverly enclosed within your equally clever disguise as a jerk.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

3n19m470
We should have a perimeter network of probes around our solar system. A veritable Dyson sphere of satellites to watch for incoming objects of all types. Also to get a better look of what our system is heading towards.

That would mean advancing beyond our current tribal warfare state of existance. Not going to happen in our lifetimes, I'm afraid ....

Despite advances in technology, we are emotionally and logically still in the stone age.

Yes sir, but I do not quite know how to solve that. Power corrupts human hearts, and so those with the most influence generally seem unable to use it for the maximum good. I can only hope that we will become closer as a human family through time with things like the internet and hopefully as a result, things like power will be distributed more equally.

Hopefully one of the doomsday predictions does not come true and put us back to square one... Then again, for all I know, after the proverbial smoke has cleared, we may come to realize it was exactly what we needed. *shrugs*

By the way, congratulations on creating what may be the first prediction thread I have personally seen that has a mathematically fathomable chance of coming true. Hehe.

<< 1   >>

join