It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Good Friend Of Mine Is Now OT VI in Scientology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is like a brother to me whom I know since we both were kids.

This is also a higly educated, inteligent person, not naive at all.

Funny his whole family is a very traditional christian portuguese familly and he has been a scientologist since he was a young student. Now he managed to reach OT VI level and, without trying to convince me of anything, he tells me he is 100% sure this is the only way for the thetan to "recover" his unlimited creation capacities.

I was with him in Clearwater - Florida at Scientology facilities some years ago and although I found some of the books interesting, I got a bad sensation/feeling regarding the way they approach and try to get money from people, so I never bought any audition package from them.

If this is such a good thing for the world and the people, shouldn`t be free ?

Ok, what do you think about this cult/group ?

OT 6 teaches the Pre-OT, to do NOTs, New Era Dianetics for Operating Thetans, solo. OT VI is very expensive; it is easy to run up a $40,000 bill to get ready for the next step, OT VII. OT ability drills for a few ‘thou more constituted old OT VI. “Drills dealing with exteriorization, emotions, and sensations. The drills were supposed to be done exterior. Replaced by New OT VI: A course which trains the Pre-OT on how to solo audit Solo NOTs. Available at FSO (Flag). 14 HCOBs.” – Jonathon Barbera.
“The training one receives before starting to solo audit on New OT VII is so powerful that it actually constitutes an entire OT level. On Solo NOTs one is dealing with complexities intended to crush one’s true power and abilities as a thetan. Solo NOTs auditors acquire a wide range of auditing skills to handle the vast phenomena that can occur on OT VIII. Approximately 3-4 weeks with the new Solo Auditor Course done.”

The Clear receives further training to audit the body thetans identified during OT V.

listverse.com...
edit on 11-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I haven't had any RL experience with Scientology, but it seems to me that ANY religion that would purport to be the 'only way' to advance, find God, save your soul, et al is false.

Any religion worth its salt would need to embrace all people at all stages of development and realize there are many different ways to live a good life.

Also, I find it unlikely that a TRUE religion would need so much of your money, JS.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

It's simple to me, if they really had a spiritual message they would be trying to connect Christianity, hinduism and Islam together but instead they're acting like a business. The cult is a money scheme, which makes it just like everything else in the modern world; part of a plot to control an indoctrinated race against God when he starts war with the elite.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with both of you. I only give some credit to it because of my friend. If you knew him you`d know what I mean.

We have long conversations and sometimes I get to a point that he still has no answers so I tell him I`ll wait till he reaches OT VIII, that is the top level so far and if he manages to give me these answers in a convincing way maybe I`ll consider trying audition

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

You know... Its all about the money. I would be openminded about scientology if it did not involve them taking insane amounts of my money!!!
edit on 11-10-2013 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

... Exactly, is this only for the rich people ?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Greetings,

Sounds to me like you should start looking for a new friend.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

The thing is, you can study all your life learning misinformation, people that think themselves intelligent will struggle to unlearn something even if taught later it's wrong and no evidence can swing the pole the other way!

Scientology is the belief in an author's fiction work, some say that's just like the bible but the bible is pure history.. edited to hide the truth, but still history.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Operation Snow White

Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries.[1] It was the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This operation also exposed the Scientology plot 'Operation Freakout', because Operation Snow White was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.[3]

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly-placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty or were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. The case was United States v. Mary Sue Hubbard et al., 493 F.Supp. 209 (D.D.C. 1979).[4][5][6][7]

Yea Scientology totally looks like it is on the up and up (insert rolling eye emoticon here).

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's like any/every religion.

Purposefully vague story-telling, that's dependent on a subjective opinion. Then, you "accept God's word, light him into your heart, and live your life in the warmth of our Lord and Shepard."

Meaningless, fluffed up non-sensical "feel good" literature that are definitive proof of God's existence as much as a Spider-Man comic book proves the existence of Spider-Man.

Oh, and people make a lot of money off of religion. They also make their ego explode with their 'holier than thou' belief system.

"This world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams."

Give an ignorant and unintelligent species an all knowing wizard who loves them and created everything, they'll justify the American governments murdering children by saying 'There's evil in the world' and 'They're in Gods kingdom now.' Without stating the obvious, how do they know this and where did the receive the knowledge and foresight of God's kingdom?

You see the problem with religion? It's all subjective. Person A interprets scripture different than Person B. Person C claims their subjective opinion is an 'absolute truth through the word of God' but Person F claimed the same thing with one of a many thousand supposed Holy Books. Person C tells Person F they are wrong because "Christ is the only true light," but Person F tells Person C they're wrong because their God is the only true God.

How many Gods are there, and how many people have claimed theirs to be the only true one? Further, if God were real, he would have no religion, unless he was vindictive and egotistical. These are qualities of men, not a God.

Religion is man-made control, and it works. The use of God, faith, and death as a weapon for control is far more effective than any weapon. Well, it used to. The human species is actually beginning to awaken to ridiculous fables that have no merit in our very strange and dire reality.

(These governments and corporations can do what they please because I'll be kickin it with Jesus 4eva when I die.)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

RomeByFire
It's like any/every religion.

Purposefully vague story-telling, that's dependent on a subjective opinion. Then, you "accept God's word, light him into your heart, and live your life in the warmth of our Lord and Shepard."

Meaningless, fluffed up non-sensical "feel good" literature that are definitive proof of God's existence as much as a Spider-Man comic book proves the existence of Spider-Man.

Oh, and people make a lot of money off of religion. They also make their ego explode with their 'holier than thou' belief system.

"This world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams."

Give an ignorant and unintelligent species an all knowing wizard who loves them and created everything, they'll justify the American governments murdering children by saying 'There's evil in the world' and 'They're in Gods kingdom now.' Without stating the obvious, how do they know this and where did the receive the knowledge and foresight of God's kingdom?

You see the problem with religion? It's all subjective. Person A interprets scripture different than Person B. Person C claims their subjective opinion is an 'absolute truth through the word of God' but Person F claimed the same thing with one of a many thousand supposed Holy Books. Person C tells Person F they are wrong because "Christ is the only true light," but Person F tells Person C they're wrong because their God is the only true God.

How many Gods are there, and how many people have claimed theirs to be the only true one? Further, if God were real, he would have no religion, unless he was vindictive and egotistical. These are qualities of men, not a God.

Religion is man-made control, and it works. The use of God, faith, and death as a weapon for control is far more effective than any weapon. Well, it used to. The human species is actually beginning to awaken to ridiculous fables that have no merit in our very strange and dire reality.

(These governments and corporations can do what they please because I'll be kickin it with Jesus 4eva when I die.)

The thing is, you accept Satan but not God.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All churches to me are cults. The only difference between Catholicism and say Scientology is popularity/cultural acceptance.

Either way religions always keep some of the people "out of the know", or shun people who question some of the fallacies. It's their way of keeping the mysticism around the horse excrement that is their myth books. Without that the whole system falls apart.

The only way to enlightenment is by giving money and paying attention to men that have been shown the way. Sound familiar? Yeah. It's the model for many religions since the beginning of time.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ask him if poor people are allowed to join his religion.
Ask him how many poor people are members of his religion.

I wonder how many poor people are invited to join that religion.

If someone is making a profit from it then it no longer is a religion it`s a business.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

AQ6666

If this is such a good thing for the world and the people, shouldn`t be free ?
listverse.com...

What does he say to this? And why does he not challenge it? Have you asked him if he has asked this?

If there is any truth to it?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

TRUE!
I still can't imagine how intelligent people can fall for that crap.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The first red flag is that it's a religion. Second red flag is who created the religion.
I know a couple years ago Wikileaks had all the scientology documents, but I don't know if they still do or not.
Reminds me of the South Park episode...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

AQ6666
Ok, what do you think about this cult/group ?

People can believe what they want. But I think South Park said it best about Scientology.
South Park - Trapped in the Closet Episode
Watch the whole 1/2 hour. It's a hoot.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

The southpark episode was brilliant!

I went in one of their buildings last year. And immediately a women started asking me if i sometimes feel bad or not right or something. EVERYBODY feels bad or not right sometimes right! They are just making you think there's something wrong with you and they and ONLY they have the cure to make you better
Bunch of con artists is what they are! They are the ones who are sick in the head! Scientology is a criminal business and they should be forbidden.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Really?

Thank you for telling me I accept Satan but not God. I wasn't aware of my own beliefs, but thank you for pointing them out to me.

For what it's worth, I believe in Xecenta. He's a seventeen light year talk robotic-dinosaur who has 666 eyes and passes inter dimensionally into the human consciousness until we all wake up in an era of enlightenment, created in Xecenta's image; we will become the dinosaurs.

Once again, thank you for clarifying my beliefs to me and telling me what I believe in. I truly appreciate your holier-than-thou I know you better than you know you God complex.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bill Maher does a great bit on Scientology. If you haven't seen Religulous I highly recommend it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join