It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workplace Bullying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
While most workers go through the busy day unaffected, many around them are being slowly brought down physically and mentally buy this work place disease. This is a real problem that most employers don't know how to deal with. As a person that went through a couple of company mergers I have experienced this myself. The chain of command didn't work. The abusers were all friends and family and now in charge as middle managers. After years of several people being abused daily, and reported instances with no action other than the abused person being reassigned, it was to late. The good employees just seemed to fade away, most of the bullies were fired. I believe a video such as the one I present to you could have helped stop this hush hush subject. This should be required viewing for employees and students. www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- All Caps, please don't use them

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

Here's the video:

All you need is the video number after "watch?v=". You can click the "quote" button on my post to see how I did it.

edit on 11-10-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well done you for bringing it up, it is a problem in most workplaces but a lot of people turn a blind eye.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks BoneZ

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have been a victim of work place bullying and it is usually dowm to a close group of people which in the uk we call a click of people weather friends or family whom make a scapegoat out of a victim and then move on to another victim, they can ruin a persons life and make them suffer terrible stress.

When you rely on your job for your livelihood and come under this attack there is often nothing you can do but if you keep a record and try to get whitness to this then at least in the UK you can but I am not aware of employement law stateside.

To yourself and any other whom is suffering or has suffered this please know you are not alone no matter how much it feel's that way, maybe we can not help but we are with you in our heart's.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

work place disease

I think the term disease is a little over the top, further more I think the whole bullying sensation that has taken the world by storm is a little over the top as well, there has always been bullys and there always will be, back in thhe day they were called "a$$holes". I think this is a situation were the individual just needs to confront the ahole or remove themselves from the situation. In the words of Too Short "get in were you fit in"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
In the U.S we are just starting to deal with this problem. I believe a few states are now passing laws to deal with this. Many people won't come forward because of the fear of losing their jobs or worse. You basically have to have a police officer witness the physical violence or it never happened. One tactic for the abusers/managers is to send you to the clinic for a drug test. They should also go for every event involving them.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh god, seriously? Man up.

I have a staff of 20, the idiots that start problems get their asses handed to them by me, a lot of times though the people who claim "bullying" are shiv disturbers and they bring unnecessary crap onto themselves. Nearly every time it usually involves setting two parties straight. Or someone just has to speak up. So many passive aggressive people these days, they can't formulate a damn sentence in front of someone as soon as it involves any type of interpersonal issue.

We need cartoon videos on it now?

edit on 11-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"I don't like the smell of _____ so I'm going to leave little unsigned notes around the place for every staff member."

"I like clipping my fingernails and leaving them in the commonplace areas."

"I like ______."

OMG SOMEONE IS BULLYING ME THEY SAID ____________!!!!!!

Common workplace bullying. Yeah, make some new laws for it, great, just what we need...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
one of the bigger causers of abuse and abusers are management. i suffered a lot of abuse while i was dealing with a work injury, not only was their "light duties" torturous, but it almost seemed that they were telling my co-workers to come down on me for "faking". so while on one hand i was in SEVERE PAIN from what they were making me do, and then going on about "how lucky i was they were letting me work and thus get pay", i was also dealing with threats from co-workers like "do you need me to MAKE you stop "faking" and get back to work", as well as both security tags being hidden within my belongings as well as un payed for merchandise also being placed in my belongings to get me fired for theft, with management seemingly not caring when i kept telling them, almost as if they were backing my co-workers, or even telling them to do it. added into this of course was management apparently telling my co-workers that i was "faking" the injury. with stuff like this is it any wonder people "go postal"?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

merchandise also being placed in my belongings to get me fired for theft

I was under the impression that you cant get fired for theft unless you leave the property with unpaid merchandise.

(post by onequestion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

DocHolidaze

work place disease

I think the term disease is a little over the top, further more I think the whole bullying sensation that has taken the world by storm is a little over the top as well, there has always been bullys and there always will be, back in thhe day they were called "a$$holes". I think this is a situation were the individual just needs to confront the ahole or remove themselves from the situation. In the words of Too Short "get in were you fit in"

Really, so someone should have to take abuse, give up a career, and go fit in somewhere else. Ever been ganged up on?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Seems some of the bully's are wanting this subject to go away!!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ya there's a lot of that that goes on. I wouldn't take none of it if I was ever in a job situation where that seemed to be the case. My friend just went through an ordeal of this nature, drove her crazy. But that's just one more reason why I don't like working for anyone. Always a lot of BS you have to put up with. Not to do with bullying but, I worked at this one factory. one day we get pizza, then we're brought into a room. One of the presidents or something had flown in. He gives us a pep talk because we had exceeded some company quotas or whatever. I left thinking, "wow he get millions of dollars and we get a pep talk and pizza,...please just shoot me now!".

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by generik

merchandise also being placed in my belongings to get me fired for theft

I was under the impression that you cant get fired for theft unless you leave the property with unpaid merchandise.

ah but if i hadn't started checking my stuff i WOULD HAVE been removing it from the property, and how well do you think my saying "i didn't put it there, someone else must have" would have worked? not only that somehow from seeing and talking to other people who had been nailed for theft and how it works, it seems they don't stop you, but wait until you have stolen a certain dollar amount of goods, before stopping you thus gaining the ability of getting you with a higher charge. had always seemed a little suspicious to me as how can they tell what all you had stolen if they never stopped you to verify what you had taken. even more suspicious and another form of bullying is the fact that they seemed to offer you a choice when finally apprehended. that is they offer to "drop the charges" if you "pay them" for what all they say you have taken, and from talking to some of these people they actually "overcharge" you, saying you took a lot more than you actually did. thus using BLACKMAIL to increase company profits even more, with the poor employee put in the position of having criminal charges and not being able to get a decent job, or pay the bribe. it's not so amazing that most of these people claim innocence, but after my experiences i really have to wonder how many others were set up like i was, since a lot of these "accused" had the company upset with them for various things, yet had done nothing that would let them be fired.

what had i done to get such treatment? well as people were told afterwards, i was costing the company thousands for my "bogus" claim of injury, due to workers comp charges for having injured workers. in fact it sounds like while i was on "light duties" my co-workers were being told our department was being shut down due to me and my "false injury claim", thus causing a lot of the abuses i was subjected to.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Smells and fingernails. Do you think I would post this about smells and nail clippings. How about a box knife to the throat and physical assault on several occasions. These were mergers and some were afraid of the change. Wanted to take out some kind of strange payback on others.
edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Boncho brought up some very valid points. Many individuals who claim bullying in the work place are the front runner offenders of slackers or short cut efficianados who are continually reprimanded for not doing there job.

I am not however stating there is not such a case that is being presented by the OP.

I wonder about the victim mentality sometimes. For as many legitimate cases there are, there are half that are full of Oscar Meyer Bolgna.

Have I been bullied??? Yes, have I laid down and taken it??? Hell to the mutha f'n NO!!! Fortunately I was taught to be able to fight physically and verbally and once challenged either I am walking away the victor or both will walk away unsatisfied but the other knowing they cannot pull BS and think I will sit idly blind.

There is always a HUMAN RESOURCE department that is there for these specific cases. And if the HR rep doesn't respond in the fashion you feel satisfied there are other avenues that are instituted to prevent work place bullying. I just can't think of them right now because I'm in awe of some of the responses.... Forgive me....

And I digress....

Stand up to bullies or be prepared to be bullied. It's the victim mentality that breeds week minded people into not speaking up or saying anything. Bullies are more shocked when a more timid person stands up and 99% of the time will back down IMMEDIATELY!

If you get knocked around, then pick your ass up and do it again until they get the picture.

If you get put into a hospital for getting the spit kicked out of you, well you have a harasment lawsuit or even worse that can be imposed not only on the assailant but the company that is responsible for putting a douche tart into that position of power.

You are only as helpless as you let yourself be!

For Christ Sakes!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is what happens when we don't teach kids how to deal with bullies themselves, just go run and tell an authority figure, they will make it all better. They grow up to be a bunch of whining crybabies in the workplace....... Brilliant.

More and more kids are taught to let big brother handle everything, more life skills are not learned. More people reliant on some authority figure to handle everything. The perfect weapon against people really. Keep them like domesticated animals.
edit on Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:31:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join