It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC!!! Da Vinci Surgical Robot vids!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hey guys. i found some cool videos showcasing the dexterity of the Da Vinci Surgical Robot. for me at least it was pretty impressive to see the level of precision this machine is capable of. apparently its not a fully automated thing, rather it is controlled by a surgeon sitting at a console nearby. he gets a full stereoscopic view through a set of optics and the device is available in 3 and 4 arm versions. they go for about $2M.

ETA it isn't perfect. i heard about it on a tv ad for attorneys filing lawsuits on behalf of folks who have undergone surgery using it.

edit on 11-10-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Slightly misleading title... what's so graphic about the slicing of paper and pumpkins?
They didn't spend $2 mill just to make Halloween decorations, is there videos of this machine doing actual surgery?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo17viking

thats kinda the joke. yes there are. lots of removals of prostates which ARE graphic. i just though it was a neat demonstration.

there ya go

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
As to the lawsuits, the machine is like any other procedure. Best outcomes come from surgeons with the most experience. Those with lots of hours using the machines have very high rates of positive outcomes.

new topics

top topics

join