It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admin sources say .00017% of Americans sign up for Obamacare in the first week..we all want it huh?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Numbers are not right. First, I am sure whatever numbers are released are high as unemployment is low but lets play devils advocate.

So lets say 100k signed up first week. If i use 300,000,000 million in the US which is low that is still .0003 percent of the population. For one percent of the nation to have signed up you need 3 million people. It is simply a waste of effort and resources.

How about the 40 million on assistance. Where are all of them???

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The PPACA also killed FSA limits which is something many used just like you described. The less pre tax we can contribute the more taxes they can collect.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I have no idea where they are at, or if they even plan on signing up one way or another they will pay and personally, I have no problem with that. I think people SHOULD pay for their healthcare. Besides taking a hit on their credit for not paying doctor bills they incur no penalties, it is the people who pay their doctors bills and have insurance that having been carrying that load and it was driving up the cost of medical care for everyone.

Another interesting fact I have noticed as well, when the ACA first rolled out I was playing with this calculator

Subsidy Calculator

A week ago when I ran the numbers for a single non smoker making 10 bucks an hour, 20k a year half their income went for insurance and the deductible was insane, it appears the formula has changed as the prices are coming out alot cheaper today.

I have no clue how accurate this calculator is, just found it interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A year from now, who is the democrat party going to blame when there are not the people enrolling?
(rhetorical, they'll blame the Tea Party)

Though, they may not blame anyone or do a damned thing, since this is nothing but a tax hike. As long as they are making the middle class poorer, Obama and ilk will be happy.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

In one state there has been 1800+ people signed up in the first week.

Everyday more people sign up and public approval goes up. All the lies in the world can't kill it now and when it's obvious what a good thing it is all the nay Sayers will disappear or go back to being a birther.

I just don't know where you're getting your facts, NPR the Huff or what, maybe off your call sheet in Obamas call basement.

Sebelius visit fails to reassure as health care website glitches persist

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius had a front-row view of the problems plaguing the website that the government established to allow people to shop for health insurance under Obamacare.

Unable to handle heavy online traffic and riddled with technical glitches, the website has been a source of criticism of the Obama administration and the new Affordable Care Act since its start on Oct. 1.

“Believe me, we had some early glitches,” said Sebelius, who was introduced by Rooney, a backer of the law. “But it's getting better every day.”
At the back of the room, it was a different story. About 20 people armed with laptops and certified by the government to sign up people for coverage were meeting with uninsured people, answering questions and fruitlessly trying to access the website.

In recent days, technical glitches with the site's design have prevented people from creating accounts and accessing the shopping function.
Ted Couperus, a Gibsonia resident who spoke to the Tribune-Review on Monday about his trouble with the website, was still experiencing problems on Thursday.
“I have tried logging in over a dozen times since Tuesday at all hours day and night with no success,” he wrote in an email. “I have continued trying to log into my account at Healthcare.gov, always with the same result. The system seems to accept my user name and password, but gives me a blank white screen.”

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:triblive.com...[/url ]

Works Really Well Doesn't it?
edit on 11-10-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by damwel

from what I've seen, premiums are going up about 20% for a lot of people. Employers are taking a big hit and, in some cases, they are scaling employees down to part time to avoid the added hit.

You don't lose your insurance but, if it becomes cost prohibitive, you cancel it.

-----------------------------------------------

You are correct except for the % going up part. I received a letter from Blue Cross advising of the upcoming changes since for many years I have paid for my own insurance coverage, which has nearly always has been less expensive with better coverage than employers were offering, when I worked with employers that offered health insurance as an option for their employees.

I went online to find out what my new premiums would be and found out that they will more than double per month, and the out of pocket deductible will go from $5k to $6k. (This is with no major claims for many years.

Upon having a lengthy discussion with a BC representative, I was advised that the figures were correct for the coverage under the new ACA. The representative was honest enough to advise me that the new act, was NOT designed to lower health care costs overall in this country, but WAS designed to offer health insurance coverage to those who previously were denied due to pre-existing conditions, or had no health insurance coverage for a variety of reasons etc. Since they (the insurance companies) now have to offer insurance to anyone, regardless of their prior history, they are anticipating much higher operating expenses for them, and therefore all persons who have current policies will now pay higher premiums, regardless of previous history with an insurance company, (even if it was very profitable for them due to no claims) to cover anticipated losses. Previously, being able to keep a health insurance premium lower because of lack of claims (as is done with car insurance) is now out the door and can not be considered under the new ACA.

They even suggested trying for the tax credit angle if I decided to go thru the program, to see if I could reduce the premiums. But again, under one of the hidden clauses in this act, is if your employer offers health insurance to its employees at any price whether they share some of the costs or you pay it all, a person is not entitled to any tax credits which would reduce the premiums, unless your income is below the poverty level.

I verified this info with the official site, and three other major insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

the website designers because everyone will probably still be getting 404'd

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I haven't seen anything that steep but the increases I've been hearing about might not be as recent as yours. Mine might be from earlier in the year, before they saw the writing on the wall.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Liquesence
Maybe because people CAN'T sign up. I've tried multiple times, and the website is always malfunctioning preventing me from doing so.

Why am I signing up? As I've expressed in another thread, I have health insurance but it keeps going up. My premiums have gone up TWICE this year alone and I haven't had a claim in 8 or so years.

If I can shop around and get the same or similar coverage for cheaper, you better believe that's what I'm going to do.

Being in IT i'm just waiting for them to fix their systems issues before trying to sign up and shop for better insurance.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just cannot believe that people are still saying that the price of healthcare is going down. Look, take the PPACA out of it and every year for the past 10 years I know for a fact that healthcare has gone up. Dental very slowly and vision also but they also used to be bundled in plans and now they are not.

There are also wellness and biometric plans that employers use to create ways to save themselves on having to pass the cost difference on to you. If they are a self insured company it can even be worse for them and for the employee.

If you work somewhere and you contribution has not gone up then it is because you work for a large enough organization to cover the benefits or the employer is simply eating the add'l cost. Premium jumps of double digits have happened for years and years.

Search the web and you can find plenty of non-partisan sites that can explain it. The reason the healthcare act said your rates may be cheaper is that you can choose your plan where at an employer there is usually one choice. However, if you compare the coverage type I can guarantee the deductible is way higher as well as copays for that cheaper plan.

This is not about Obama it is about how insurance companies make money...that is all I am explaining here. If PPACA was not here they would still be going up...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Your math is wrong. Not all 300M+ Americans are getting Obamacare.

We get the point, but this is not the right way to back it up.

S&F, anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

beezzer
Though, they may not blame anyone or do a damned thing, since this is nothing but a tax hike. As long as they are making the middle class poorer, Obama and ilk will be happy.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Didn't see anyone camping out like they do for the 'new' play stations,xbox's and iphones.

Or like they do for 'black fridays' or the day after christmas sales.

The grandiose lie 'the people want Obamacare'.

The sad part there are those out there dumb enough to believe that.
edit on 11-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

matafuchs
reply to post by StallionDuck

My main reason for this post was to show that it is not as needed as it is described to be. If there are so many out there that need it, then it should have been more overwhelmed than it was. I am sure that there are those who could not sign up but I really, really thought there would be more.

I get what you're saying but you cant just make a post showing the people don't want something based upon number when you know for a fact that people are having serious issues just getting to the site to sign up. That will just show that your argument is incorrect and invalid, thus killing the whole point of the post.

You show something in the way of evidence as to why people don't want OC, but knowing that there are issues getting through to sign up, it kind of defeats the point of the post. Therefore, it's really no different than the other 100 posts about why we dont like OC.

You're offering the argument then trying to prove the argument with invalid information, nothing more than a personal opinion that is obviously incorrect. Can you argue that I'm wrong in saying "People could not sign up, so saying that the low number of signups are proof that people dont want OC is incorrect"?

What's curious about the whole thread is that so many people are staring you to agree. I'm starting to think that I'm missing something, or people are really eating this up as trueth without thinking about the situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

This is a bash Obama thread in disguise, shhhh ... facts don't matter here, this is a thread running on emotions and if you hate Obama and blame him for everything, your in! Welcome to the club!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

StallionDuck
How is this free healthcare if the poor people still have to pay for the damn thing? That's my question!

edit on 11-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

I'm curious.
Who ever told you it's free?

I mean, I have heard a million times, "People don't have insurance!" screamed in defiance and with self righteous anger. It was implied that the evil and greedy everyday taxpayer who had healthcare would pick up the tab for everybody else.

BUT.....when did anyone ever say that they were providing free healthcare to anyone who wasn't already getting it?

Millions of people pushed it and demanded it and argued for it and hated their neighbor over it and got what?

We all are now legally bound to do something most of us were already doing. But now it will just cost everybody a lot more and we will benefit a lot less.

Who said free?

Free is a politicians way of saying, "Don't worry. We'll screw everyone but you."

Politicians lie.

But I didn't see any politician promise free. I just saw half of the country convince themselves that they were getting a free ride by screwing the other half.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Don't forget the "cadillac tax" that will eliminate the best insurance plans provided to employees because it's just not fair that a hard worker has something better than you.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's for people who don't work. Those persons who work will have to foot the bill. There is no such thing as free health care anymore.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

badgerprints

I'm curious.
Who ever told you it's free?

Up until recently, I do believe the obamacare website had a link titled "how do I get free or affordable healthcare?"

The free part was removed but the 600million dollar site design team didn't change the URL so it's still in there.

There's a post somewhere on ATS showing all of this.

So, yeah, there was a time where it was said that some folks might qualify for free but, honestly, anyone who's lived a year knows that there's nothing in this world that's free.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

It was sarcasm. It was pushed around as free healthcare before it became a real thing.

2nd

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join