It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vogue's Creepy Google Glass Photoshoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Most of you will by now have heard of Google Glass, of which a consumer version will be available in 2014.

I have done an ATS search for Google Glass, and most thread titles are suggesting how utterly cool this new device will be. Are you kidding me?!!

On many levels, this is gonna be like Face Book, but then in real time and EVERYWHERE, except maybe in court rooms and such. This will be social control on steroids, folks!

For those of you only thinking about privacy issues, think again. This is dehumanization at its finest. You can say goodbye to people looking you in the eyes when you talk to them, because they will be focussing on a tiny little screen.

To make matters worse, the media are already stuffing this new culture down our throats, as we can see here in this excellent analysis by Paul Joseph Watson, one of my favorite alternative news journalists.

Without further ado, Vogue's Creepy Google Glass Photoshoot:

The first person I see wearing one of these, I'm just gonna go up to him and start laughing in his face...

Having said that, I would be interested to know how many of you would wear this?...
edit on 11-10-2013 by soulwaxer because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Wow, the next phase of melding man with machine. This is the watershed where a mass consumer product will begin in earnest the cyborg mutation.

We could see this coming and know where it is going. Of course there will be ever improving designs until that time when all we need is an implant to have access to all these features and more.

I have no need of these kind of devices. They are not for me. I am sure though that many people will like this.

Yes, our future is bleak if we are a natural kind of human and delight in the natural. It is changing rapidly. Not the kind of world I can function too well in, but on it goes.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Uh!!

The surroundings look drab and lifeless, probably based on what the future of the world holds....

The people look dead,probably based on what the future of the world holds.......

It's supposed to represent the future, but they seem to be wearing 50's/60's clothing, but I must admit I do like that era of clothing...

So basically instead of using your mobile/cell phone to film, you can now wear a pair of glasses to do the job...

Do these glasses fit over the top of your prescription spectacles or do you have to have them specially made as part of your prescription glasses?

So is it just about being able to film people/things in general without using a phone? If so, then people will buy any old crap brought onto the technology market just to say that they have it until the next contraption comes along...

I know I am now 48 years old, but is there really a need or real purpose for all this stuff?

It only seems five minutes ago when I was playing tennis on my Binatone TV game console, then after that, other electrical items came out, but at least it was on gradual basis. Today though, it seems as if there is some new contraptions being released every 5 minutes...

These companies are either greedy or the consumers of today are totally stupid and go along with the rest of the sheep just to keep up with the Jones's...

Bloody hell, I used to love Pacman....

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I want to know who the hell reads Vogue?

Transhumanism? Yes, but that's just the beginnings.
Snitch in every communist cell? - Done by Google and delivered in real time to the NSA ( or is it the other way around?)

Mark my words - there will be stories and court cases popping up in the next few years that:
Show how Google glass will make you safer
Make you richer and more employable
Make life more convenient
"Enhanced" educational opportunities
Protect you from frivolous lawsuits or win your case against anotherc
Keep you from being wrongfully convicted
Beat traffic tickets
Enhance productivity ( some asshat employers will require these to be worn )
Special incentives will be offered to wear them at certain places, times and events.
Celebrities will embrace the new GooGoos because "they're cool, and you will be too"
Like Mr. Magoo you will be blind in the future without them to guide you (built in GPS)
Etc. etc. etc.

Maybe I should be working in their marketing department but I'll be damned if I'll ever put those things on my face. I'm truly unsure of how to handle the first time I actually meet someone wearing them. It's going to be really hard to not make some type of comment that won't be flattering.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Lol at the narrator attempting to analyze this like there are hidden meanings involved. Some rich fashion photographers just went out and took pictures that looked pretty and cool.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Revolution9 the word cyborg being used more

Wow, the next phase of melding man with machine. This is the watershed where a mass consumer product will begin in earnest the cyborg mutation.

I see the word cyborg being used more and more, seems I'm not alone in my opinion.

Good or bad, were headed that way. Oo

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Nice to see someone on the same page, same paragraph!

Vogue certainly has been big in the past, as I remember from the 80s.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

ImaFungi

Lol at the narrator attempting to analyze this like there are hidden meanings involved. Some rich fashion photographers just went out and took pictures that looked pretty and cool.

I don't think you're seeing the big picture here. I was in fashion, and commercial photography myself, and can tell you that imho there is definitely a link between what shows up in magazines and what happens in real life after people have been led by temptation. It sells. But not only does it sell... it creates the future.

That's why I'm interested in knowing if people will actually be stupid enough to wear these things...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

winofiend

Revolution9 the word cyborg being used more

I see the word cyborg being used more and more, seems I'm not alone in my opinion.

Good or bad, were headed that way. Oo

Nope! You're not alone in your opinion, but there don't seem to be many of us.

We don't have to be headed that way if we all just start laughing at these "people".

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

soulwaxer

ImaFungi

I don't think you're seeing the big picture here. I was in fashion, and commercial photography myself, and can tell you that imho there is definitely a link between what shows up in magazines and what happens in real life after people have been led by temptation. It sells. But not only does it sell... it creates the future.

That's why I'm interested in knowing if people will actually be stupid enough to wear these things...

If such layouts did not serve the intended purpose of generating sales or interest they would not spend millions of dollars printing and marketing them. Full page ad spaces in big magazines can run anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 depending on what publication they're in and where in the layout they are pasted.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would get a set of these but google has a serious design flaw with them that bugs me.

They're not made for individuals who are left eye dominant.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Evil_Santa
I would get a set of these but google has a serious design flaw with them that bugs me.

They're not made for individuals who are left eye dominant.

I wouldn't worry about that, you will be accommodated. They are even working on the technology to incorporate this into prescription glasses.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Gene Roddenberry shown us all these technologies...

The game from The Game, Star Trek the Next Generation
www.youtube.com/watch?v=is12anYx2Qs
www.youtube.com...

Star Trek: The Game part 1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXX_yyw9xY
www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
en.wikipedia.org...(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

top topics

join