It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live -Truckers Ride for The Constitution D.C.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
These people realize there's this thing called "voting", right?

This whole thing seems silly, childish, and potentially dangerous.

And I haven't seen anymore traffic than normal either.

*yawn*

We see how far voting gets us right?

Remember we all voted Obamacare, Going into Iraq, and We voted to help in Syria, Libya, and the trillion other things..

Oh ya and we all voted for the 15 or 17 trillion dollar debt we have also..

See how awesome voting works?

BTW, These people are allowed to do this because there is this thing in the constitution called the bill of rights.. There is 1 right in there that states that we can peacefully assemble and grievance the government when we deem fit..

Call me crazy but Using your constitutional rights is called a good thing to most Americans.
edit on 10/11/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry to piss in everyone's cornflakes, but this is a non-event lol. I've read some comments about how some truckers aren't there yet and "hopefully they're on the way!" Christ...if these tool sheds can't even be on time for their own event, they have no business doing the eveng at all.

Considering more illegals show up at Amnesty rallies than this trucker thing, its truly a sad day. Perhaps they shoulda hired some illegals to drive trucks for them LMAO!!

Even sadder is that I bet more WW2 vets will show up riding their Rascals to the national mall this weekend.

I'm all for the cause, but non events such as this trucker crap just makes people laugh....including me. What a waste of time and fuel. A rally isn't a rally when only a few dozen people take part...how embarrassing for the people involved, and the movement as a whole. Its so stupid its hilarious.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone!
I live in Maryland with my family. My dad works in DC, he is a truck driver for a wood company. He spoke to my mother earlier and although he has not been to the beltway, he's said traffic is a complete mess in DC, much worse than a regular day. (he works driving in DC, VA, MD Monday-Saturday)
I will update on traffic when he gets home around 5.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

" Protesting really never works anyway. "

It did during the Battle for Civil Rights and the Viet Nam War . If it wasn't for the People who Marched against both those Injustices , Jim Crow Laws would Still be commonplace in the South and Many More Viet Nam Veterans would Not be Alive today .............

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

chiefsmom
I think I found them. trucks

Use Camera #54
There is a big line of them on #44 too.
edit on 11-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

Do you perhaps have a link to the cam you are talking about? All I get is the map with all the cameras.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Live Talk Show Play by Play of the event

Their new website is backup and live.

They are also telling all the falsehoods, Sabotage, and rumors about what is transpiring now.

ridefortheconstitution.org...
edit on 11-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
my post disappeared
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You can click on any near there, I did prince william, but you will get a list to the left of 110 different ones you can go to around the area.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
88 and out the gate. Let those truckers roll.
(Corny I know)
Haha

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I actually work for a logistics firm, and the strike literally had zero affect. I dont think many people participated unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People please show up at your local war memorials Sunday.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

SullivanBlack
I actually work for a logistics firm, and the strike literally had zero affect. I dont think many people participated unfortunately.

well two days to go

we will see what happens Sunday.

Surely more people want to make their voices heard, I don't understand, I just don't understand.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think this is the type of rally where everyone just shows up at the same time. People are driving from all over the country. Presumably they have to coordinate their arrival around their schedules. When they pick up their next load, etc.

I imagine that's why this is a three day event. They should be pouring in by the hour.

If come Sunday there are 4,000 trucks clogging DC while a march is occurring simultaneously it will be a very big deal.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Neysa
reply to post by new_here

Here are some DC web cams
Earthcam

Thanks for this, but I don't see trucks!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think this is the type of rally where everyone just shows up at the same time. People are driving from all over the country. Presumably they have to coordinate their arrival around their schedules. When they pick up their next load, etc.

I imagine that's why this is a three day event. They should be pouring in by the hour.

If come Sunday there are 4,000 trucks clogging DC while a march is occurring simultaneously it will be a very big deal.

I can only hope

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

new_here

Thanks for this, but I don't see trucks!!!

I 95 is almost at a standstill now.

www.chart.state.md.us...

Heck it's the first day, and most of these truckers have the weekend off and are driving in from other parts of the country.

The MSM does not want this event publicized, because they want truckers that are on the fence deciding if they should go to stay home, that is why they are telling everyone it's a non-event.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Okay then, run for office yourself.

Look, if more people actually voted maybe the system would work. Voter turn out is pretty miserable wherever you go.

Personally, I think they should give out free hamburgers when you go vote. Free hamburgers or veggie burgers to eat while you stand in line.

People love free food. Punch & pie anyone?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nothing like expressing your love of the U.S Constitution by pumping billions of tons of diesel exhaust into the Air.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

muse7
Nothing like expressing your love of the U.S Constitution by pumping billions of tons of diesel exhaust into the Air.

Pathetic

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

superman2012

chiefsmom
I think I found them. trucks

Use Camera #54
There is a big line of them on #44 too.
edit on 11-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

Do you perhaps have a link to the cam you are talking about? All I get is the map with all the cameras.

It has links to camera footage. I can't find the truckers but on the map, if you can find your way to this camera: "I-495 / MM 44 / NB / Exit 44 Route 193 - Georgetown Pike" the lane on the left has no traffic coming down it, and the one on the right is moving along. In the distance, it looks like something burning?

The camera is the northernmost one on I-495 shown on the map, then when you click on it, it is the 3rd viewing option on the left. If that helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join