It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live -Truckers Ride for The Constitution D.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wish I could see this web cam.

I-495N at MM 47.0
Description:
On I-495 North at mile marker 47 in the County of Fairfax, motorists can expect major delays due to congestion. Traffic backups are approximately 9.0 miles.
Last updated:
Fri 10/11/2013 10:36 AM EDT
www.511virginia.org...

I want to see it backed up for nine miles. ;-)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Most of the washington traffic cams seem to be working on this site.
Traffic Land

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Go to Truckers Ride For The Constitution facebook page, there is live chat.
edit on 103131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

There doesn't look to be anymore traffic then you would expect on a normal work day...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was looking at the cameras and it seems like just normal traffic to me. I didn't see any slow trucks or anything that didn't look like normal traffic.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't see any traffic backed up in any of these cams....

www.wjla.com...

The American's Legion Birdge is backed up and blocked off due to an accident.
edit on 11-10-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't think they got as many rally-ers as they wanted.. turn-out is much lower than expected.

(WJLA) - A few dozen trucks bearing the hallmarks of a planned trucker rally on the Capital Beltway have made their way into the D.C. area.

By about 8:45 a.m., Virginia State Police officials said that about 30 tractor trailers left a stop in Dumfries at about 7:30 with plans to head toward Washington.

source (wjla.com)

About 30 trucks and another 15 pickup trucks who were part of the “Truckers Ride for the Constitution” protest began their convoy at 7 a.m. Friday in Virginia, heading north on Interstate 95, according to Virginia State Police.

source (washingtontimes.com - Truckers Rally in Small Numbers around the Beltway)

But... the FB page just hit 164k likes.. waking some people up for sure.

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AsarAlubat

I was really hoping they would show up in the thousands and really rally together to make a point and stand for us American's who do not live close nor drive trucks.
Dang it!!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

From what I understand most of the Drivers will be there between 2 PM and 3 PM. Also the weather slowed them down a little. I have been listening to live coverage for the last hour they are taking a break now but will be live again in an hour. There are more trucks there than you think and more on the way. The traffic cams keep going down or getting to blurry you can see them. They will be clear then nothing but a streak of lights. Not sure what is going on with that.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think I found them. trucks

Use Camera #54
There is a big line of them on #44 too.
edit on 11-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Zarkia

From what I understand most of the Drivers will be there between 2 PM and 3 PM. Also the weather slowed them down a little. I have been listening to live coverage for the last hour they are taking a break now but will be live again in an hour. There are more trucks there than you think and more on the way. The traffic cams keep going down or getting to blurry you can see them. They will be clear then nothing but a streak of lights. Not sure what is going on with that.

Also this is a three day event, I hope it gets better.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What happened to the order for the National Guard to block the highway. Guess that was just another internet rumor made up by the people who claim the government lies to them.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

roadgravel
What happened to the order for the National Guard to block the highway. Guess that was just another internet rumor made up by the people who claim the government lies to them.

No that turned out to be a hoax...

The Admin threw it in the hoax bin apparently not much proof on that..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Basically the point I was making. Tks for the info...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

roadgravel

Actually a media made-up "satire"/rumor/hoax
2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Don't worry about the MSM not covering this.
Give it another day. They'll be all over it. 4,000+ semis clogging DC isn't something that can be simply dismissed. This will become a logistical nightmare.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was thinking the same thing, it looks like just a normal traffic day on the washington beltway to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

JayinAR
Don't worry about the MSM not covering this.
Give it another day. They'll be all over it. 4,000+ semis clogging DC isn't something that can be simply dismissed. This will become a logistical nightmare.

I was wondering if many wanted to finish off the work day then head out, wishful thinking.

www.chart.state.md.us...

backed up but of course I don't know why
edit on 113131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Zarkia

Let's hope to see many more by 3PM!

Stormdancer777
Also this is a three day event, I hope it gets better.

Well, it's definitely viral on FB.. 164k to 167k in less than an hour..

Let's hope this rally multiplies exponentially in the remaining couple of days..

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
These people realize there's this thing called "voting", right?

This whole thing seems silly, childish, and potentially dangerous.

Protesting really never works anyway.

And I haven't seen anymore traffic than normal either.

*yawn*
edit on 11-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join