It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live -Truckers Ride for The Constitution D.C.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

abcnews.go.com...

WASHINGTON — Like nearly everything else on Capitol Hill during the government shutdown, comprehensive immigration reform is stalled, leaving angered supporters to hope that another round of mug shots will get the attention of Congress.

Among those protesting and blocking streets in the capital today to draw attention to the issue of immigration reform were eight lawmakers, all of whom were arrested.

Civil rights veteran John Lewis, D-Ga.; Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.; Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz.; Joseph Crowley, D-N.Y.; Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn.; Rep. Al Green, D-Texas; Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.; and Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y.; joined 200 others who were arrested as part of a “civil disobedience” event in front of the U.S. capitol.

The “civil disobedience” was part of the “Camino Americano Rally and March for Immigrant Dignity and Respect” and it was also designed to send a message to House Speaker John Boehner and Republican leaders to bring immigration up for a vote.

“We know the votes are there,” Gutierrez said at the rally. “They know the power of our vote, they know the popularity of immigration reform, they know the hunger and passion in our community, and yet we still have not seen immigration reform signed into law by the President because other Republicans are holding it up.”

Approximately 15,000 people took part in the rally on the National Mall.

Rangel was seen giving a thumbs up as he was being handcuffed.

Democrats protest... they get arrested.

Republicans protest... they get away with public vandalism.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So another big flop?

First the Motorcycle flop and now the trucker flop???

When will the Right Wing learn that when they overly hype something that is actually nothing, they just look kind of dumb for creating false hype???

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Well, about as unsurprising as the sun coming up. Nothing like a weekend of useless talking and walking to prove to the politicians that you are harmless to them.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Irako because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Evil_Santa

Democrats protest... they get arrested.

Republicans protest... they get away with public vandalism.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. These guys got treated with kid gloves considering what they were doing. Only two arrests and one for someone who had a gun.

Ted Cruz shuts down the government and then..... protests that the government is shut down. And he and Palin are out in the streets instigating vandalism. And standing with people flying the confederate flag.

Idiotic.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
to say they were treated with kid gloves?

Maybe in a sense some of them were, after-all there were 90 year old men in wheelchairs, using walkers, and double amputees.

Can you imagine the image that would send to the population if the were rough on these folks.

Did you ever consider that they deserved respect for their service?

I take it some of you think the elderly men deserve to be shut out of their war memorial? Trust me these men and women are not all republicans, they are democrats and republicans.

Military Less Republican Than You Think
www.outsidethebeltway.com...
How's that?

You think they deserve the right to visit their war memorial now?

edit on 093131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Dianec
Just got back to the computer and just wanted to thank those who kept us updated. Was the best news site for that, as it is for just about anything having to do for "the people". Appreciated.

I am wondering if the White House will even speak about this. Then if they do - will it be to point fingers (exploit for more political gain)?

If Obama speaks about this I may read about it here but have no wish to listen - to be one less set of ears. The media nearly silenced these people this weekend. Had it not been for all of you I wouldn't have known about anything from start to finish. Only reinforced my rationale of getting my news from the people - not MSM.

His actions of putting up the barrycades speaks volumes. Any words he could speak about this would only infuriate his opposition to futher protests.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Special Operations Speaks just posted this on FB. (I left contact information off intentionally not wanting to violate ATS policy):

The SOS Wire Guard: Urgent Call to Action- We are forming a Wire Guard to stand guard at the WWII Memorial (and others around the country) to cut the wires and remove the barricades for as long as they are shut. We need Teams of 2 - One to cut the wires, another to film it. Must be willing to get arrested for civil disobedience....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Federal Cops Rip American Flag From Veteran’s Hands During DC Protest (VIDEO)

This kind of # would be enought to incite a riot.
To say this is what TPTB wanted would be speculation. The cops anger is very obvious. Thankful that calmer heads prevailed on the part of the protestors.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Irako
reply to post by AlienScience

Well, about as unsurprising as the sun coming up. Nothing like a weekend of useless talking and walking to prove to the politicians that you are harmless to them.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Irako because: (no reason given)

I remember a few years back a national "no gas" day. No one was supposed to get gas on said day to show the oil companies who was in charge. Worked wonders huh?

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join