It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live -Truckers Ride for The Constitution D.C.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

MidnightTide
reply to post by Daedalus

Yes, I am a Canadian, not in D.C

(and I don't even want to go to the border, I imagine the NSA knows my stance on things)

it's ok, spidey.....it's not like the borders are even defended, lol

come on down, i make a hell of a cup of tea..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

opethPA
I don't think anyone is arguing if the Govt is horrible, bad and in my ways breaks the law.

At this point, there is no IF. They are flat out lawless.

Freedom of speech, of the press, of association, of assembly and petition
this set of guarantees IS protected by the First Amendment, aka known as
what we refer to as freedom of expression.

People have a right to peaceable assembly and protest.
It is wrong to "predict" it will become non peaceable.

"They might do something, so lets arrest them now"
That is SO wrong.

link   

Daedalus
actually, your entire post was an attack....generalizations, assumptions....you know nothing about me. you fill in the blanks with your imagination.
how about we get back on topic?

it wasn't but I agree..Lets get back on topic ..you might be able to give me a perspective I never thought of , this is why I am here , and I might be able to do the same.

What Twitter feeds are folks using right now?

link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

My husband is a Vietnam vet, and at one time was a trucker, now he is a carpenter, I can't express his opinion on the forum lol

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
OK nobody trust anybody,

so who do you trust?
You have to take all the bits and pieces from many sources and try to find the truth as best you can, we live in desperate times, disinformation and twisting the truth is the norm.

That's so true. In fact, criticizing those who are reporting on it is a distraction from what these protestors are doing. Everyone has an agenda - and I mean everyone. Maybe we should look for robots to report for us so we can all then discuss it and come up with more opinions or agendas on our own. The best anyone can do is choose people who hold opinions closest to their own. Picking them apart doesn't help because no one is going to match our own views 'exactly'.

link   
reply to post by opethPA

well, this one seems to be rather popular..

twitter.com...

i'm also looking at this page (being updated often)

weaselzippers.us...

link   

burntheships
People have a right to peaceable assembly and protest.
It is wrong to "predict" it will become non peaceable.
"They might do something, so lets arrest them now"
That is SO wrong.

Yes it is 100% wrong for arresting people about what they might do.
It doesn't mean you can't and shouldn't prepare for something bad happening.

link   

sad_eyed_lady
The 24 million dollar question is: Will these barrycades get placed at the Memorials again and what will the repercussions be if this happens?

I think they will and all hell will break loose.

they should show up everyday and take them back down.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Daedalus
i'm also looking at this page (being updated often)
weaselzippers.us...

Thanks!
I am following the other one but hadn't seen this site.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

My husband is a Vietnam vet, and at one time was a trucker, now he is a carpenter, I can't express his opinion on the forum lol

i'm gonna guess it involves language that would make the babyjesus™ cry, and cause the staff here to ban you forthwith, and in perpetuity...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, I know the feeling. I listen to the truckers on the CB sometimes, and it makes me laugh because it's like being on ATS, but with talking.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Yeah, I know the feeling. I listen to the truckers on the CB sometimes, and it makes me laugh because it's like being on ATS, but with talking.

kinda makes you wonder what it would be like if we had a live voice chat room here......

i'd probably never sleep again..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Daedalus

Stormdancer777

i'm gonna guess it involves language that would make the babyjesus™ cry, and cause the staff here to ban you forthwith, and in perpetuity...

you know when these guys came back from Vietnam, man he has never been the same person yet to this day, this is why I am so outraged about the memorials, I know quite a few names on that Vietnam memorial.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Daedalus

Zaphod58

kinda makes you wonder what it would be like if we had a live voice chat room here......

i'd probably never sleep again..

I actually suggested that a few years back

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

MidnightTide
reply to post by Daedalus

Yes, I am a Canadian, not in D.C

(and I don't even want to go to the border, I imagine the NSA knows my stance on things)

edit:

and if you have a facebook account, I encourage you to go to all the mass media pages and ask why they are not reporting this.....I did it and so are thousands more.
edit on 13-10-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

I am Canadian too, posted the links on facebook, and I am done caring what NSA thinks anymore too, so they want to spy on me, good, its no secret I despise their tyranny!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Or maybe it was just a colossal failure. If they were really able to get a real group of truckers in force the media would gravitate towards it. They got like 30 extra trucks to drive around DC. Nobody noticed, nobody cared.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
Great pictures of the police here. Say what you want about Beck. At least he is reporting the story.

www.theblaze.com...

Saw this on Drudge.

So I clicked on the link - and I was ok until I scrolled down to this picture:

"A veteran paraplegic on a Segway is helping carry a barricade"

After I had a little cry I thought - Thank God we still have people with that kind of courage left - Real, actual courage and heart. How about that?

It makes me feel like we'll be ok in the end - no matter what - as long as we have people like that here.

Thanks for the link...gotta get myself together now.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There is no doubt about it, we are afraid of our government like never before, someone documented past protest.

our fore-fathers would have never stood for this.

I am a very disappointed, but not surprised that more people are not supporting this topic.

what's up with that?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

hey... don't know if this makes me paranoid but your guy santilli is weird... he is making everyone he interviews who is at the memorials spell their name and all and saying he is putting them in "the system"... it just seems weird...

Santilli is a self-promoting dip#.

I had to turn him off after 40 minutes of listening to him promote, babble, and completely disregard the event he was supposed to be covering.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thank you guys for all of the updates. So far I have been unable to access any feeds. Being 4 hours behind the east coast, you guys are the best updates on this situation so far, and very appreciated!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join