It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
“The jobs right now that we have available, people don’t seem to want — and it makes no sense because we’re lending money we don’t have to kids who can’t pay it back to train them for jobs that no longer exist,” Rowe told TheBlaze TV’s Andrew Wilkow.
Here’s the pledge via Rowe’s website, profoundlydisconnected.com:
1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
2. I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more. I also understand that “happiness” and the “pursuit of happiness” are not the same thing.
3. I believe there is no such thing as a “bad job.” I believe that all jobs are opportunities, and it’s up to me to make the best of them.
4. I do not “follow my passion.” I bring it with me. I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.
5. I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can’t afford.
6. I believe that my safety is my responsibility. I understand that being in “compliance” does not necessarily mean I’m out of danger.
7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.
8. I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy in my work, I will either find a new job, or find a way to be happy.
9. I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.
10. I believe that I am a product of my choices – not my circumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the credit for something I didn’t do.
11. I understand the world is not fair, and I’m OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.
12. I believe that all people are created equal. I also believe that all people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.
On my honor, I hereby affirm the above statements to be an accurate summation of my personal worldview. I promise to live by them.
Easy for him to say, he did multiple dirty jobs for a whole half hour.. Now he makes millions talking over car commercials. I do not believe he would be so happy if he had to pick fruit for 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
I believe that I am a product of my choices – not my circumstances.
I believe that all people are created equal.
I understand the world is not fair, and I’m OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.
Spoken like a true slave. Hollywood at it's finest. He's the guy that going to make you want to shovel elephant crap and like it for 80 hours a week! You'll do this with no breaks or heath care paid for you by the circus but paid by you through Obamacare. I rather cut them all out and become self sustaining.
He's a morlock trainer!
reply to post by TDawgRex
I made it to the age of 50. Thanks for thinking for me. I'm sure you'll be happy shoveling elephant crap for a living while you can't afford to feed your family. Be happy and don't cry about your station in life. No one promised you fair and no not everyone is created equal or special. I just use my skillset to my advantage so I don't have to shovel elephant crap.
I'm not entitled to a damned thing. I choose my job and if that's a problem you know where you can go.
Society has a way to teach life lessons to those kinds of people. I really don't have time to do it myself and I think it's not really my place to do so. I'll survive regardless. I see where you are going but you have to understand the mindset coming up today.
They were told they can be anything they want if only they pursue an education. I see the real monster here. The real monster is greed preying on the weak to make a buck.
If I had no choice but to shovel elephant crap I would have to grab a shovel and get in there. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be looking for something else while doing so.
"Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, it's to late. Wake up!!!" (name the song and win a prize)
Anyone who caught Rowe on Bill Maher a number of episodes ago knows exactly what he's doing, why he's doing it and where he's coming from.
He has my 1000% support in this