It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon FAKED repatriation of fallen soldiers for years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... b-months.html

For seven years, the Department of Defense has faked repatriations where military personnel carry honored dead soldiers off of planes as part of their ceremonial return to the U.S.

While the Pentagon insists the coffins indeed contain the remains of MIA soldiers returned to America from foreign wars, it now admits that the Hawaii arrival ceremonies often attended by a tearful audience aren’t actually arrivals at all.

In fact, the coffins are toted out of planes that can no longer even fly, but must be towed onto the runway for the phony ceremonies and the remains have sometimes been back in the country for months. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... b-months.html#ixzz2hPY3RXHL Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, everyone knows the government doesn't give a sh!t about anyone, you almost expect stories like these.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Nothing like a good dog and pony show to keep the public blissfully ignorantinformed, and keep them in tune with their life as emotionally ignorant morons emotions.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I was at a bunch of those ceremonies, and every one of them the planes taxied into position at Base Ops. Not once was a plane that couldn't fly anymore used. I remember knowing about others and listening to, or watching the planes taxi into position at DV1 outside Base Ops. I know of some that were towed into place, but the majority of them were planes that taxied into the parking spot, and none of them were non-flying planes.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

According to the statement provided to MSN by the DoD, they have sometimes used static aircraft:

Part of the ceremony involves symbolically transferring the recovered remains from an aircraft to a
vehicle for follow-on transportation to the lab. Many times, static aircraft are used for the ceremonies, as
operational requirements dictate flight schedules and aircraft availability. This transfer symbolizes the
arrival of our fallen service members.

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

But all hyperbole aside (the article), I don't see any disrespect given to the fallen soldiers or their families, more of a due process to identify the bodies as accurately as possible before giving them the burial they deserve.

If that means the bodies have to be transported to a US lab for verification, rather than some shanty in Afghanistan, then so be it.

edit on 11-10-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Then it's been since I left, because when I was there they NEVER used a static display aircraft, or an non-flyable aircraft. It was always either one that was on the base already that wasn't leaving for a day or two, or it had just arrived with the remains (which was by far the more common).

(post by UpEndedWorld removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UpEndedWorld

No I'm not ex-military, but my family is. And you don't know a damn thing about me, but if you want to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you do, have fun with that.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UpEndedWorld

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I don't like being this guy but:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I caught this story yesterday tho I hadn't caught the long term nature of the problem.

I want to be sure I understand you because I do respect your knowledge and background on military/Air Force related things a great deal.

Are you saying they have not gone through this routine with empty caskets 100% for show and the viewing of an audience (who wouldn't have known it was all 100% B.S. for show?).

That is the point that blew my top and the only issue that did infuriate me on this. If they are, as the stories of the last 2 days about this suggest, running these as pure tourist shows like changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown, then it strikes me as a sick mockery of what it's about?

So.. To your personal knowledge of a life spent around military issues ..? Are these happening as strictly mock-up ceremonies for show, or are they all real to at least some degree? (partial remains really arriving..if nothing else)
edit on 11-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When I was at Hickam, and there was a return ceremony, there were a few that involved towing an aircraft into position (never a static display or non-flyable aircraft, and several times the aircraft that brought the remains in in the first place), but the majority of them were taxied into position, having just arrived.

The ones that were towed into place were done so because there was usually a DV that was arriving or leaving when the aircraft arrived, or their aircraft was already in place there. So they would do a "mock" ceremony later, after they left, for the families. The remains would go straight from the aircraft to the lab, with no delay. But 85-90% of the time, the aircraft had just arrived when the ceremony took place.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Typical US government:
Long on appearances
Short on substance
Our men and women in uniform and their families deserve the real thing.
If they can't then maybe we should pay our taxes in something that just looks like money.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That's just it, it IS a real ceremony. The only thing is that for some of them the remains are already in the lab being identified.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That's just it, it IS a real ceremony. The only thing is that for some of them the remains are already in the lab being identified.

So you're saying that the article is accurate and that sometimes when the families are sobbing away thinking that the remains of their loved one is parading by in a flag-draped casket, they're being totally duped and the body isn't really in there at all?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If the body is not present then the honoring and the event is for the institution and the task not the deceased, I'm not American but I wouldn't be happy with that, the military shouldn't be getting pats in the back for doing something that is institutionally expected from them.

PS: I do not like funerals at all, they serve the purpose of the living more than do anything for the dead...

edit on 11-10-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

No, what I'm saying is that in a very few cases the remains (these are MIAs so what was brought back would fit in a shoe box if they had a really good find) are already in the lab being identified.

There are no "families standing there sobbing" because these are WWII, Korea, and Vietnam era remains. The families had already recognized and accepted the idea of not getting ANY remains back. In a lot of cases there are no family members at all. The ceremony is taped and if they want a copy it is given to them when the remains are returned.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

The ceremony is for the family as much as to honor the returning soldiers. The families are given a copy of the tape of the ceremony if they want one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

but regardless of who attends the "ceremony", and whether or not they're actually crying, or which war these guys fought in, there's occasional yet intentional ruse involved.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

There is a ceremony that is taped. There are times when the decision was made to get to work identifying the remains, to get them to potential family members as quickly as possible, as they have waited long enough.

You make it out like they're lying and there are no remains, and they're just faking the ceremony to feel good. That's not even close to the truth. They want to get every MIA service member home to their family, and that means not leaving what little they have to sample DNA from sitting on a plane for 24 hours waiting for DV-1 to open up, because some general has to leave the next morning.

If they occasionally pull an airplane over, and carry an empty box out, I'm fine with that, since that means the remains are already in the lab being worked on.

But when I was there, there were no faked ceremonies that I was aware of. There were a small handful that may have been, but I can't say for 100% if they were, or if they weren't.
edit on 10/11/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join