It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part rant - part request for advice!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know you're not looking for sympathy and it looks like this thread is dying but I'd like to share my own story if that's okay.
I've been seeing this guy on and off for about 3 or 4 years, time just melts together nowadays.
Anyway, about 2 years ago he left me for a younger girl who was a complete ditz. Then he pleaded for me to take him back a few months later. I did because I was extremely lonely. (no friends or social life, just spent my free time playing video games and sleeping a lot).
I don't have fb or any of that other social networking crap since I don't have any friends, plus I'm uncomfortable with the idea in general. However, he has a fb. One day my brother accidentally stumbled across his facebook and it was just littered with flirtatious messages on his wall and it made me really upset so I confronted him. He got mad at ME.
His facebook was on public view, anyone could see it. I felt like a total fool, still can't forgiven myself for taking him back or staying with him.
I'm slowly trying to leave him but I'm terrified. It's hard to break a cycle even if the current situation is tearing you apart. The other thing is I don't want a relationship. I just want a friend. I don't want the sex or the mind games or the distrust or the worrying that he's cheating. I want someone who wants to share their thoughts and feelings with me and wants to go to the produce store with me

Sorry if this is 'off topic', I needed to get my self inflicted problem out of my head, haha.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know about over there but I know in the states, college isn't considered the place for relationships. And a lot of couples end up going their separate ways when starting school. Too many temptations, too much fun to be had.

I know you are devastated, but my first thought was, why would you keep a relationship in college?

Work on getting over her, and then you can start having your own fun.

<< 1   >>

join